Am I the very last Select RWD without a production date?

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
...but there does seem to be some misunderstanding of how it works. It's my understanding that if you owe the IRS money for 2022 taxes that were under deducted during 2022, you can keep up to 7,500$ of what you owe them. If you owe more than that, you deduct it from the funds you send with your tax filing. If you owe less than that, you don't send them any money, but they also don't send YOU any money. Kind of confusing but, hey, it's the IRS.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jaklou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White RWD Select ordered 3/28, no prod date
Country flag
Thanks I needed that reassurance.
Otherwise, I'd cancel my order.
Weā€™re ok through ā€˜22. ā€˜23 we likely get $3750 because of the batteries not being mfgā€™d in North America

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
...but there does seem to be some misunderstanding of how it works. It's my understanding that if you owe the IRS money for 2022 taxes that were under deducted during 2022, you can keep up to 7,500$ of what you owe them. If you owe more than that, you deduct it from the funds you send with your tax filing. If you owe less than that, you don't send them any money, but they also don't send YOU any money. Kind of confusing but, hey, it's the IRS.
They send you money if your tax liability is $7500 or greater. It's not about owing money at the end of the year, it's about tax liability.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Whoa, that would be bad news for me.

I have a 4/8 order - dealer accepted - nothing afterwards, except for the 6 week delay letter from Ford.

I specifically ordered a 2022 Select RWD in Ice Blue Silver to match my current Ice Blue Silver Lightning that is 2 weeks old.

If Ford pushes my wife's MME to 2023, the color will be dropped.

Here's my post on the dropped color questions:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-my-2022-mme-order-in-ibsm.20587/#post-485699
Yes, my dealer assured me the price will be the same. I donā€™t recall the exact increase, but it was around $1300.

Offsets a bit of the partial loss of the tax credit
Start scouring the web fir mmeā€™s in stock that meet your criteria. Rare? Perhaps. But if you donā€™t look, youā€™ll never know.

OP
OP

jaklou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They all charge markups from what Iā€™ve seen

Fins160

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Select C/T Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Mine is an April 12 Select RWD order, so youā€™re definitely not last!

OP
OP

jaklou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nope. Hui have broaden your search. Or wait.
It depends on where you liveā€¦California has high demand for EVā€™s. But please share what search engine you use. Iā€™ll be thankful if youā€™re correct, but I havenā€™t seen it

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
It depends on where you liveā€¦California has high demand for EVā€™s. But please share what search engine you use. Iā€™ll be thankful if youā€™re correct, but I havenā€™t seen it
Yes, CA, NY, NJ seem to get the lion's share of EVs along with other ZEV states.

Hope my Mustang makes it before 2023 otherwise choosing another color will be a problem.

I was stunned when my Lightning was built in 2 weeks and delivered 2 weeks later.

Think I hold the fastest Lightning truck delivery at 29 days for CA.

OP
OP

jaklou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Actually received a call today from our Hyundai dealer, and picked up a Limited Edition I5 just before the tax credit went away!

new to mach-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e select
Country flag
Hang in there!

I ordered a '22 RWD select base (no options) on 3/8/22 through ford.com and then signed dealer order paperwork on 3/10/22.
I was provided a VIN mid May, then I got a build date of week 7/11, which then got pushed out to the week of 7/25, my car got built 26-27th of July, the day after I got an email saying it was in transit at that ETA at the dealer was 8/17-8/23.
Well this past thursday 8/11 I get an email from ford saying that the mach-e has arrived at the dealer and they are making final prep! I text my sales agent and he says they can't confirm that the vehicle has arrived. Friday goes by and they have no news. Yesterday saturday morning my salesman texts me saying it has arrived! I was out and about very close to the dealer so I stop by and yes indeed it's on their lot, I got so excited!
It wasn't ready for delivery, it was still in transport mode with the plastic locks on the suspension coils to avoid if from jouncing up in down to much in the train but I did get to sit in it and inspect it, spent like an hour in the parking lot just getting to know the car!
Can't wait for delivery this week!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Am I the very last Select RWD without a production date? Mach-e delivery.JPG
Sponsored