MacheMe

First Name
Ann Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE in red
Country flag
The salesman tried hard enough to get answers that I’m not going to “name and shame”.

I’ll think about a Mach-E in Europe. That depends on a lot of factors. I never even test drove mine, even though it’s sitting right there at the dealership! ?
Sponsored

FSURANGER

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e and xc90
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For what it’s worth here is what I have figured I out so far.
The Mach-E is both 1 and 3 phase build in so charging here in Europe won’t be a problem with an adapter to go from Type 1 to type 2.
If the sim is built into the car (like my US specs Charger) you won’t get the OTA updates unless you context the car to a WiFi hotspot. Now if the sim is accessible (Like my Volvo) XC90 is then you can just get a pay as you go sim for Europe. That’s what I have done for the Volvo because all of my cars are American specs and we live in Belgium.
If you are not on SOFA status then to import the car will cost you TVA (19%) for Germany plus import export tax roughly 1k for both. But then you will need a CT (control techniques) to make sure that your car meets the WU standard. Yellow markers, emissions and other shit.
The other issue will be warranty. I know that all cars bought in Belgium come standard with a 2yr 24k warranty and that’s been a pain in the ass when I bought my Volvo that comes with a 4 year 50k mile free service program. In the end my volvo dealer figured it out with Volvo USA. I’m in the same boat for the Mach-E. I live in Europe but have the advantage of buying US specs cars with no TVA or import/export fee. I want to do that with the Mach-E so that a: I can get the tax credit, b: it’s cheaper c: I get more choices with the US models than the European one. But as it stands, I’m not sure that I’m willing to risk it. I’ll keep you posted about my decision and sorry to hear you cancelled.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
For what it’s worth here is what I have figured I out so far.
The Mach-E is both 1 and 3 phase build in so charging here in Europe won’t be a problem with an adapter to go from Type 1 to type 2.
If the sim is built into the car (like my US specs Charger) you won’t get the OTA updates unless you context the car to a WiFi hotspot. Now if the sim is accessible (Like my Volvo) XC90 is then you can just get a pay as you go sim for Europe. That’s what I have done for the Volvo because all of my cars are American specs and we live in Belgium.
If you are not on SOFA status then to import the car will cost you TVA (19%) for Germany plus import export tax roughly 1k for both. But then you will need a CT (control techniques) to make sure that your car meets the WU standard. Yellow markers, emissions and other shit.
The other issue will be warranty. I know that all cars bought in Belgium come standard with a 2yr 24k warranty and that’s been a pain in the ass when I bought my Volvo that comes with a 4 year 50k mile free service program. In the end my volvo dealer figured it out with Volvo USA. I’m in the same boat for the Mach-E. I live in Europe but have the advantage of buying US specs cars with no TVA or import/export fee. I want to do that with the Mach-E so that a: I can get the tax credit, b: it’s cheaper c: I get more choices with the US models than the European one. But as it stands, I’m not sure that I’m willing to risk it. I’ll keep you posted about my decision and sorry to hear you cancelled.
Read through the replies on this thread for more info that may help with your decision.

Ford has previously stated that Mach-Es built for North America have only a single phase on board charger. Mach-Es built for Europe include a 3-phase capable on board charger.

The SIM is embedded and not removable.
Sponsored