Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Over the past few months I've posted a lot of stuff about the mach E, some good, one very bad after my first road trip. But even that minor disaster turned into a great experience with Ford and it customer care. I don't know that I'll continue to post a lot but I wanted to leave with this one last thing. Since 2000, I've owned the following cars:

Mercedes Gwagen
Mercedes CLS500
Mazda Miata & RX-8
BMW Z4
Porsche Cayman S
Audi Q5 (2)
Audi S3

I'm not bragging and I'm not rich but the banks love me. The point to this is that now I'm driving an FE Mustang Mach E, the first American brand vehicle since my 1965 Ford Falcon Futura, other than 2 Ford Rangers. I going to say that Ford has done a superb job with this car and I'd easily stack it up to the others in quality, fit, finish and performance for its intended use. Is it perfect? No. but none of the others were either. Each had it's own flaws, a few of which were major (my Cayman needed a new 6 speed transmission after 2 months, my BMW and RX-8 were chewed up by Honda's S2000 in autocross) The Audis were (are) close to perfection and my wife still drives/loves her 2019 Q5 Prestige. But no, ifs ands or buts, this Ford is outstanding. Learning the tech involved has always been an adventure with each new car, one that frustrates at times. But it is all a learning experience and when I find the cure/answer, I have a beer! Sure it may not prove to be that for everyone and there will undoubtedly be some who hate it. But's it's a damn good car and I'm more than happy that I bought one. And I sincerely hope that the majority of you feel the same. Fini
Sponsored

smp

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks very much for your great thoughts, Jim!

Although I'm on the very front end of my journey with my MME FE, I've had a similar experience:

1999 Mercedes SLK (purchased slightly used in 2000)
2002 Mercedes SLK
2004 Corvette (along with a 2004 VW Golf for in the winter)
2007 Porsche Boxster
2009 Porsche Boxster (put 60,000 commuting miles on this beauty)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Jeep Cherokee
2019 Jeep Cherokee

Save the Corvette, I drove all of these vehicles year-round, commuting in the snow in the winter as well as during the months with fair weather.

Is my MME FE the same as a 2-seat sports car? Absolutely not. It's also not the same as any of the 4WD Jeeps. My tastes and desires have changed over time, and my desire to own and drive an EV with reasonably high performance capability is being perfectly satisfied with my MME FE. The only reason that I didn't order and wait for a GT is that I finally decided that I want one now!

I fully agree with you that this is a damn good car. I am loving it, and I couldn't be happier that I chose to purchase now, rather than continue to wait for what else may come in the future.

Thanks again for posting your thoughts, and verifying my own!

smp

Deleted member 3663

Good post. I've had mine for a little over a month. And it is such a fun car to drive. The attention to details in this car is excellent by Ford. I have been super impressed. Even though it has some growing pains (like PAAK), this car is fantastic.

OP
OP
Jim Glass

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks very much for your great thoughts, Jim!

Although I'm on the very front end of my journey with my MME FE, I've had a similar experience:

1999 Mercedes SLK (purchased slightly used in 2000)
2002 Mercedes SLK
2004 Corvette (along with a 2004 VW Golf for in the winter)
2007 Porsche Boxster
2009 Porsche Boxster (put 60,000 commuting miles on this beauty)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Jeep Cherokee
2019 Jeep Cherokee

Save the Corvette, I drove all of these vehicles year-round, commuting in the snow in the winter as well as during the months with fair weather.

Is my MME FE the same as a 2-seat sports car? Absolutely not. It's also not the same as any of the 4WD Jeeps. My tastes and desires have changed over time, and my desire to own and drive an EV with reasonably high performance capability is being perfectly satisfied with my MME FE. The only reason that I didn't order and wait for a GT is that I finally decided that I want one now!

I fully agree with you that this is a damn good car. I am loving it, and I couldn't be happier that I chose to purchase now, rather than continue to wait for what else may come in the future.

Thanks again for posting your thoughts, and verifying my own!

smp
We’ve had similar experiences ( I also had an SLK. Just didn’t that far back)! Hope both of us remain happy with our choice by this time next year?

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Well, I am pleased as punch with my FE too. But I also see the Mach E as the first credible threat to Tesla from Detroit. And that could mean hundreds of thousands of Mach Es on the roads in the next few years, if not millions. And that makes me value my FE even more.

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum; 2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
The Mach-E is the most impressive Ford I have seen and I say that as I am waiting on a F-150 Platinum. The Mach-E starts with a higher end finish, while most others Fords share many components with very base models.

OP
OP
Jim Glass

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Alright, that’s it. I’m filing a formal complaint. My FE is not performing up to specs. I put it on the charger last night and this is what I get. This just isn’t right I’m only supposed to get 270 miles on a max charge I don’t know how long I can stand this.?
Ford Mustang Mach-E An Affirmation of the Mustang Mach E 1EACC82B-76E1-4B38-B963-6B0A9DB2A46A
Sponsored