~~Android 12 update broke android auto~~ Appears to be coincidence. Sync bluetooth is out.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
Recently updated my s20fe to android 12 and now android auto isn't working. Didn't work wireless and switched to trying to get it to work wired and still no dice. The phone responds as it should, saying it mad the connection and to check the car. The car shows the android auto loading screen and then throws an error that the usb connection has been reset. The phone doesn't have any errors and works fine in my other car so I don't think it's the phone. Happen to anyone else? Any thoughts? Don't want to have to reset paak and everything.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Recently updated my s20fe to android 12 and now android auto isn't working. Didn't work wireless and switched to trying to get it to work wired and still no dice. The phone responds as it should, saying it mad the connection and to check the car. The car shows the android auto loading screen and then throws an error that the usb connection has been reset. The phone doesn't have any errors and works fine in my other car so I don't think it's the phone. Happen to anyone else? Any thoughts? Don't want to have to reset paak and everything.
Try just deleting the phone from the list of paired phones in sync, and remove the BT pairing for sync in your phone and re-set that up.

I'm running an s21 Ultra, and the update to android 12 didn't affect that AA at all.

OP
OP

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
Try just deleting the phone from the list of paired phones in sync, and remove the BT pairing for sync in your phone and re-set that up.

I'm running an s21 Ultra, and the update to android 12 didn't affect that AA at all.
wanted to make sure that wasn't pointless if it was something else. Good to know it should work. Will that kill paak?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
wanted to make sure that wasn't pointless if it was something else. Good to know it should work. Will that kill paak?
No, PAAK is a separate BT connection that fordpass controls, and its reset in the car is in a different menu similar to how you do a master reset.

OP
OP

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
No, PAAK is a separate BT connection that fordpass controls, and its reset in the car is in a different menu similar to how you do a master reset.
Didn't work. Can't pair the phone over bluetooth. Checked with my wife's iphone and it can't see the mach e either. The wired car play works, but it must not need the bluetooth connection and android auto does. Makes no sense because paak is working. Maybe I need to reset the paak.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Didn't work. Can't pair the phone over bluetooth. Checked with my wife's iphone and it can't see the mach e either. The wired car play works, but it must not need the bluetooth connection and android auto does. Makes no sense because paak is working. Maybe I need to reset the paak.
Do you get an error or anything? When you go into pairing mode on the car, does it show up on the phone?

OP
OP

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
Do you get an error or anything? When you go into pairing mode on the car, does it show up on the phone?
no it doesn't show up on the phone as available, and if I try to search for the phone on the mme it can't find it

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
no it doesn't show up on the phone as available, and if I try to search for the phone on the mme it can't find it
You need to make sure you do the pair new phone from sync. This makes the car visible. Then rescan Bluetooth on your phone. Otherwise it won't show up.

OP
OP

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
You need to make sure you do the pair new phone from sync. This makes the car visible. Then rescan Bluetooth on your phone. Otherwise it won't show up.
it brings up a menu and says it should be visible and everything. by "from sync" you mean with a voice command?

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
If you can't get Bluetooth to pair at all, it could just be coincidental timing with your phone os update. I had the Bluetooth quit working in my MME a while back, and ended up needing a new APIM: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/bad-bluetooth-module.8881/

For what it's worth I have an S20+ and Bluetooth/AA was also unaffected by the android 12 update

OP
OP

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
If you can't get Bluetooth to pair at all, it could just be coincidental timing with your phone os update. I had the Bluetooth quit working in my MME a while back, and ended up needing a new APIM: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/bad-bluetooth-module.8881/

For what it's worth I have an S20+ and Bluetooth/AA was also unaffected by the android 12 update
it seems like it may have been coincidental, but paak is still working. Can bluetooth for one break without the other breaking?

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
it seems like it may have been coincidental, but paak is still working. Can bluetooth for one break without the other breaking?
Yes. They are two separate Bluetooth connections with different modules. When my sync Bluetooth went out, Paak continued to function

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
it brings up a menu and says it should be visible and everything. by "from sync" you mean with a voice command?
Have you restarted your phone at all? Sounds silly but I've had some strange BT stuff like that happen and just a fresh boot of the phone helped.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Also, If BT isn't paired, and you plug in wired, it should also pair itself so that you can use wireless in the future. Might try that if you haven't.

OP
OP

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
Also, If BT isn't paired, and you plug in wired, it should also pair itself so that you can use wireless in the future. Might try that if you haven't.
I had tried a phone reboot early on, no difference. It's got to be what to be what happened to mpshizzle. I had no idea they were different modules and figured it had to be working if paak was. The wired android auto also needs a bluetooth connection, and since the module isn't working it can't launch. Carplay apparently does not need a bluetooth connection because wired it was fine.

Anyone know if there is a fuse I can pull to try to reset the bluetooth module? I have a recall appointment in a couple weeks if not.
Sponsored