Android Auto Pixel 3 Wireless Connection Issue

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Note: This not about the Chrome update issue with Restarting Issue.

Does anyone else have the problem connecting using Android Auto Wirelessly?

I can connect via USB (but I want the option not to plug in), and it'll boot up fine.
I can also connect (headphone mode) to the mach E via bluetooth.

The steps I go are:
1. Pressure "Connect" Android Auto Panel at the bottom.
2. Gives two options, "Select from Phone list" or "Connect Via USB"
3. I Choose Phone List, and Select my connected phone (pixel), and then click "Connect Android Auto"
4. "...... Connecting to Fenix's Pixel for Android Auto" message shows up
5. Times out with the error message "Connection failed: There was an error connecting to Android Auto"

I've reset the Sync module already and I've got the latest recall software calibration software patch.

Any ideas?

Connection Failed Mach E.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fenix

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Thanks, I must have missed that on the list of issues. Appreciate the link =)

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Instead of side loading an app from unofficial sources, we can also just wait a few more days for the official fix.

The Chrome portion of the fix is widely available. I re-enabled Chrome on my phone and verified that it updated to current.

The Android Auto portion is actively rolling out. Meaning some people already have and others are waiting for it to be visible as an update. On my phone, I'm still in the waiting stage for that (and for my Mach-E to show up).

https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/94224543?hl=en&msgid=99326084

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Instead of side loading an app from unofficial sources, we can also just wait a few more days for the official fix.

The Chrome portion of the fix is widely available. I re-enabled Chrome on my phone and verified that it updated to current.

The Android Auto portion is actively rolling out. Meaning some people already have and others are waiting for it to be visible as an update. On my phone, I'm still in the waiting stage for that (and for my Mach-E to show up).

https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/94224543?hl=en&msgid=99326084
Even if you side load, it will still update when a newer version comes out. There is nothing wrong with doing this if you want the functionality now.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I've been able to connect wirelessly on the sideloaded app, but it continuously disconnects and sometimes reconnects. Anyone else having similar issues with consistency?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I've been able to connect wirelessly on the sideloaded app, but it continuously disconnects and sometimes reconnects. Anyone else having similar issues with consistency?
Mine has disconnected a few times. And when it does its a pain to get it to re-connect. Usually easier to just shut the car off and back on. And because of that I'm not sure if its a car or AA issue. The phone connects to the wifi of the car just fine, but AA won't launch again.

My app actually updated back to the older version last night and I had to re-install the sideloaded app. I really hope they just push the update soon.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I'll try it again today. Only used it on the way home from the dealership last night. 60 mile trip so a it was a decent test that it failed. Not miserably, but unreliable. I did, however, get 3.5 kWh on the trip which included HWY between 70 - 80 mph on roughly 40% of the trip.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'll try it again today. Only used it on the way home from the dealership last night. 60 mile trip so a it was a decent test that it failed. Not miserably, but unreliable. I did, however, get 3.5 kWh on the trip which included HWY between 70 - 80 mph on roughly 40% of the trip.
I drove 180 miles last night on the highway at 75 and only could get 2.2kWh. It was down to 38F though. My GoM is up to 210 at 100% chare up from 140 when I picked it up so at least its on the right path
Sponsored