Another android auto update popped up?

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Seems just 2 weeks ago it had an update, now another introducing small tiles and no more full screen YT music? Boxes are rounded -- not sure that's really worth anything.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Another android auto update popped up? 1675921328657

Ford Mustang Mach-E Another android auto update popped up? 1675921338362

Ford Mustang Mach-E Another android auto update popped up? 1675921351850

I guess at least maps is able to go full screen but it's not needed. Would rather have extended length YT music for Q scrolling
Ford Mustang Mach-E Another android auto update popped up? 1675921417280

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
How are you getting the map to go full screen? I cannot figure it our LOL. I like the small icons to switch uses, but I hate the giant holder cards.

jjhenry

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT, '69 Chevy C20, '99 Rodeo, '09 Vespa
Occupation
IT
Country flag
That's Android Auto's Coolwalk update. It threw me for a loop on my drive home last night trying to figure out how to switch media source. I like it so far, but I need to do a deeper dive into the settings to figure out how to do all the things that I was used to in the old style.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I saw this yesterday and wondered how to get the temperature card and tune-in (in my case) card to go away. I like the full screen waze. I will try tapping the waze icon again.

Is there anyway to get tune-in to close? It seems like once I used it months ago, it never goes away from the AA screen. In the previous version it was on a small strip across the bottom. I tried searching via google and the information is lacking or seems very outdated.

I also noticed the settings seems to have selection for what apps to load. Right now it is set to default (the car). I am going to try switching it to the phone and see what happens.

Regards, Eric

Dustus

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
That must be what happened to me today. I jumped out of my car for just a couple of minutes, turning off the car so it wouldn't honk at me. When I got back in and took off I noticed the screen was blank. Was just about to do the reset when it came back on and I noticed my android auto looked different. Could have been installing this update when I stopped.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I installed an Android Auto update last week and noticed I can now get full screen for Waze by tapping the Waze icon on the bottom bar. I also got a new version of Waze with a reorganized main screen. I wonder if I will now see charging stations?

I just installed another Android Auto update from four days ago and will be trying it out today.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Has anyone using Waze with Android Auto noticed they can not set destinations via voice (at least while in motion). There is a voice prompt saying it is setting the destination, but nothing appears on the screen. It worked before the Waze UI change.
Sponsored