Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
  • Banned
A car is full of sensors, 40 to be precise. Huge entertainment system with several screens and a bunch of speakers. Two 200 kW electric motors and Level 2 autonomy. EV platform was manufactured by Magna Steyr with parts from Bosch.

Sponsored

IamIA

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3 & i3s, Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
A car is full of sensors, 40 to be precise. Huge entertainment system with several screens and a bunch of speakers. Two 200 kW electric motors and Level 2 autonomy. EV platform was manufactured by Magna Steyr with parts from Bosch.

out when, 2029? at least mach-e is available now.

OP
OP
RedStallion

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
  • Banned
out when, 2029? at least mach-e is available now.
It began testing on public roads in 2021. “We are exploring a commercial launch of Sony’s EV,” Yoshida said, to find out how a “creative entertainment company” can “redefine mobility.”

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I mean, its pretty sick looking.

Seems like they are throwing everything but the kitchen sink at this car. I think manufactures are still trying to see what people want in their EV. If non brand companies want to do that testing for us, more power to them IMO.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Looks like a good way for them to get other car manufacturers to source their tech. I just don’t see it being a ground breaking enough overall vehicle to actually enter the car market with enough force to make a difference and stick around.

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Looks like a good way for them to get other car manufacturers to source their tech. I just don’t see it being a ground breaking enough overall vehicle to actually enter the car market with enough force to make a difference and stick around.
When they showed the vision S last year I feel that selling the tech was the idea, but now Sony is starting a car division so pretty sure they are about to throw their hat in the ring.

JamesInWeston

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered 8-25-21: 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E CalRt1
Occupation
Risk Management/Insurance
Country flag
Maybe PAAK might actually work for me with this car (my phone is a Sony Xperia) ?

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
This feels right to me too. I haven't kept up with it in a while but it used to be that the camera sensors in iPhones were all made by Sony. They made a ton of money off of making components for other companies phones. I'm sure there are some components in future vehicles that could fill a similar role for the company.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

Who will service it?

The nerd squad at Best Buy?

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag