TSDC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
@TSDC they were adding an ADM to your order??? I know they told me about the $15k markup when I initially was inquiring with them about their Mach-E inventory and my jaw about hit the floor over the phone with the salesperson. I had to pay an ADM of $2500 for my dealer stock unit which I was not initially told about. Still infuriating of course but it wasn't $15,000.
When I declined to buy the car they had, I told them I'm okay waiting for my order to come. I still don't have a production date, but I'm not in a rush to get a car as long as it comes by end of calendar year. As I was leaving, they told me to still expect an ADM of at least $5000 when my order comes in.
Sponsored

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
When I declined to buy the car they had, I told them I'm okay waiting for my order to come. I still don't have a production date, but I'm not in a rush to get a car as long as it comes by end of calendar year. As I was leaving, they told me to still expect an ADM of at least $5000 when my order comes in.
I know people have been tweeting someone at Ford about these ADM's and Ford Corporate has applied pressure and they have been removed. Unfortunately I can't remember who it was, but I'm sure someone on here will jump in with the details.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I know people have been tweeting someone at Ford about these ADM's and Ford Corporate has applied pressure and they have been removed. Unfortunately I can't remember who it was, but I'm sure someone on here will jump in with the details.
It is Mike Levine that they have been tweeting, executive at Ford. Of course he is just one guy and a few assistants so he can't work magic, but they should be informed about shady dealings with their dealer network.

If you are buying off the lot, the dealers can do what they want. Ford can pressure them, but they can still add markup and sell the vehicle how they want. If you've placed an order and a deposit then I believe the intent is that they are held to that price, in fact the online payment system is supposed to be on soon meaning you'd actually pay before coming to the dealer.

To see if your dealer added ADM at the time of your order (which you should have noticed while placing the order), log into your Ford account and view your order, and check the pricing summary near the bottom. The Difference from Total MSRP is any dealer added markup. If this is zero, and they are trying to add a markup to your car, then that feels like breach of contract.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Another EV buyer cheated by the dealership model 1625071416923

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
in fact the online payment system is supposed to be on soon meaning you'd actually pay before coming to the dealer.
This statement really grabbed my attention. That would make a fantastic addition to Ford's online vehicle ordering experience.

Do you have any links to information about this? Googling "Ford online payment" just brings up hits for making a payment to Ford credit and so forth.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
This statement really grabbed my attention. That would make a fantastic addition to Ford's online vehicle ordering experience.

Do you have any links to information about this? Googling "Ford online payment" just brings up hits for making a payment to Ford credit and so forth.
This is an older post showing the details of how it is supposed to look. I thought I had also seen a few posts from people who were actually able to use it, though it appears to be limited to certain people/dealers/something so most people aren't getting the option: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/2021-mach-e-mustang-online-buying-process-detailed.1396/

I'm a bit out of date on when they think it will actually be rolled out for real, but it would be great to have it as an option.

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
Thanks but they are not even refunding our 5k deposit! ☹
I realize that this is a old post, but it comes down to 3 things.
1 You have a binding contract with a vin number for an amount.
2 You never got your vehicle.
3 You are in NYS for this transaction.
Call the NYS Attorney general's office. Lettica likes these kind of cases and will make you whole plus.

nmope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 17 MX5 Club
Country flag
Hello @MachEForum,

We were cheated by Dana Ford in Staten Island, New York. After placing an online order, we went to confirm our Select model with technology package in Infinite Blue color and left the dealership with a cash deposit of $5000 (Biggest Mistake).

The salesperson, Huijian Yu didn't place the order in time and when we went the next week, the dealership said they cannot place the order for the Select and that we buy a Premium AWD instead. It was out of our budget but we agreed to buy the vehicle and since the dealership didn't place our select order in time, the General Manager, Doug agreed to sell us the car at $50000.

We received a buyer's order with a total price of $50000.(attached)

On delivery day, the dealership said we have to pay $51200 instead because they cannot honor the price we agreed on earlier. I know this is the current MSRP of the car but they agreed on $50k and are backing out now.

We asked for a refund since our original agreement wasn't met, and the dealership isn't responding anymore. The salesperson, Huijian Yu who dropped us home on Friday and today, he is saying he doesn't work at the dealership anymore!

We have written communication and recorded phone calls with the dealership about the agreement.

We loved the car but would not want to do business with such a dealership, any suggestions on what we can do?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Another EV buyer cheated by the dealership model 1625071416923
How did you not pay tax, title and license?

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I read the original post and must say that OP has nothing to complain about. Price changed because the MME was upgraded to a Premium. He paid no NY sales tax because he lives in Seattle WA and is driving from NY on temporary plates to register in WA, I guess.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Thanks @nmope - We were able to work with the NY attorney general’s office and the dealership eventually called us and provided us with a refund!
So it took you since June 2021 to get your $5000 back??

JRSNoVa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT Performance Grabber Blue
Country flag
I see you're in Arlington. What dealership did you work with for your MME? I am trying to find the best option here in NoVA.

Thanks

RSN
Also in Arlington. I've had some bad experiences with Koons in the past so I went with Malloy in Alexandria. Good experience overall but they gave some BS about not being able to use Ford Options for finance.
Sponsored