holmes007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue CA Route 1
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Thanks to everyone for their support on this, this mach e community is just amazing!

We reached out to Mike Levine and Emma Berg but didn't get a response.

The sales manager, Steve from the dealership wanted to speak with us on phone but we told them to communicate via email since we want everything in writing going forward. They didn't respond after that!

We were able to get chase to temporarily refund us the $5k deposit amount under a services not rendered claim.

We also went ahead and filed a case against the dealership in Small Claims Court in case they try to dispute any of this!

Looking forward to buying a Mach E from a better dealer this time around.

Thanks to everyone again!
Sponsored

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
File a complain with the BBB if it hasn't already been said.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The original dealership I listed on my order told me that they wouldn’t file for the CA PoS rebate and that I had to do it myself. Alarm bells rang. I changed dealers since I already had one bad experience with this one. New dealer is an hour and a half drive vs. 15 minutes, but…

JB20

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Country flag
You folks think they are being shady with the MME....wait until the Lightning comes out. I am predicting $15 to $20k mark ups.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag

DCW

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium RWD/ER
Country flag
Hello @MachEForum,

We were cheated by Dana Ford in Staten Island, New York. After placing an online order, we went to confirm our Select model with technology package in Infinite Blue color and left the dealership with a cash deposit of $5000 (Biggest Mistake).

The salesperson, Huijian Yu didn't place the order in time and when we went the next week, the dealership said they cannot place the order for the Select and that we buy a Premium AWD instead. It was out of our budget but we agreed to buy the vehicle and since the dealership didn't place our select order in time, the General Manager, Doug agreed to sell us the car at $50000.

We received a buyer's order with a total price of $50000.(attached)

On delivery day, the dealership said we have to pay $51200 instead because they cannot honor the price we agreed on earlier. I know this is the current MSRP of the car but they agreed on $50k and are backing out now.

We asked for a refund since our original agreement wasn't met, and the dealership isn't responding anymore. The salesperson, Huijian Yu who dropped us home on Friday and today, he is saying he doesn't work at the dealership anymore!

We have written communication and recorded phone calls with the dealership about the agreement.

We loved the car but would not want to do business with such a dealership, any suggestions on what we can do?

IMG-20210614-WA0004.jpg
wh
I've read multiple threads on this forum that have mentioned Ford North America Product Communications Director Mike Levine as someone who will stand up for MME customers that are being squeezed by dealerships with markups and other issues. His Twitter handle is @mrlevine

I am also in the market for a MME and have been told by local dealers that they are marking them up as much as $15k. It is out of control.

Good luck!

RSN
I'm really hoping this doesn't happen to me at Serramonte Ford in Daly City but
Hello @MachEForum,

We were cheated by Dana Ford in Staten Island, New York. After placing an online order, we went to confirm our Select model with technology package in Infinite Blue color and left the dealership with a cash deposit of $5000 (Biggest Mistake).

The salesperson, Huijian Yu didn't place the order in time and when we went the next week, the dealership said they cannot place the order for the Select and that we buy a Premium AWD instead. It was out of our budget but we agreed to buy the vehicle and since the dealership didn't place our select order in time, the General Manager, Doug agreed to sell us the car at $50000.

We received a buyer's order with a total price of $50000.(attached)

On delivery day, the dealership said we have to pay $51200 instead because they cannot honor the price we agreed on earlier. I know this is the current MSRP of the car but they agreed on $50k and are backing out now.

We asked for a refund since our original agreement wasn't met, and the dealership isn't responding anymore. The salesperson, Huijian Yu who dropped us home on Friday and today, he is saying he doesn't work at the dealership anymore!

We have written communication and recorded phone calls with the dealership about the agreement.

We loved the car but would not want to do business with such a dealership, any suggestions on what we can do?

IMG-20210614-WA0004.jpg
I'd file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. If the BBB accepts the complaint (if you can document the misrepresentation, they'll accept it), they will forward it to the company and in my experience, companies have responded quickly and addressed the issue.

OP
OP
holmes007

holmes007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue CA Route 1
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
wh

I'm really hoping this doesn't happen to me at Serramonte Ford in Daly City but

I'd file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. If the BBB accepts the complaint (if you can document the misrepresentation, they'll accept it), they will forward it to the company and in my experience, companies have responded quickly and addressed the issue.
Looks like they really don't care ☹

https://www.bbb.org/us/ny/staten-island/profile/new-car-dealers/dana-ford-lincoln-0121-177326

mrgoofy45

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan Muano
Occupation
Healthcare Worker
Country flag
With my order, not even having a build date yet, as of April, I decided to start searching dealers, in 100 mile radius, for a model like the one I ordered. After two weekends of searching, I found one just like my order, show up at my local dealership. It was marked up to $60,000, from 54,000. A salesman approached me, and asked if I was looking to buy one. I told him I was pre-approved, and ready to buy, but with those jacked up prices, I'll just wait for the one I pre-ordered. I walked out if there, paying $52,000. Goes to show, it's more about the sales team that you're dealing with.
I called the other dealer that I pre-ordered my MACH-E from, and cancelled it. I immediately recieved my deposit back. A week later, I recieved an email that my pre-order had been assigned a build date. Obviously, they didn't cancel my order, because they want that car to come in, so they can mark it up and sell it. Ford really needs to crack down on all of these dealers taking advantage of the shortages, and delays.

Mediarunner7

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Audi A5
Occupation
System Administratir
Country flag
I have had my order since the end of March (Red, Premium, AWD, White interior) and the dealer called me tonight to tell me that they had the car with a black interior at the dealership. The salesman I worked with thought of me first when it came in. BUT they wanted to sell it to me for a 5K premium. The response from the finance guy was that the cars were in high demand and that’s just what they were doing. No matter the fact that I have the same car on order and have been waiting for three months.

I understand if I was just someone looking to buy the car, but the fact that I had one on order and they wanted to charge me an extra premium is pretty crappy customer service/relations If you ask me.

I have a Lightning on reservation and promptly requested that they cancel my Mach E order.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It was marked up to $60,000, from 54,000. A salesman approached me, and asked if I was looking to buy one. I told him I was pre-approved, and ready to buy, but with those jacked up prices, I'll just wait for the one I pre-ordered. I walked out if there, paying $52,000. Goes to show, it's more about the sales team that you're dealing with
Congrats, you accomplished a deal at $2k less than you thought it should be.

I called the other dealer that I pre-ordered my MACH-E from, and cancelled it. I immediately recieved my deposit back. A week later, I recieved an email that my pre-order had been assigned a build date. Obviously, they didn't cancel my order, because they want that car to come in, so they can mark it up and sell it. Ford really needs to crack down on all of these dealers taking advantage of the shortages, and delays.
How is this obvious? We've no way to know how much the car you originally ordered will ultimately sell for. It may be $2k under or it may be "marked up" as you predict. Also, you got your order deposit back, even though you purchased elsewhere. I don't see how this pushes the narrative that Ford needs to crack down on something, or how you lost out due to shortages or delays.

TSDC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
Are dealers allowed to add a markup when getting your ordered Mach-E? I visited Koons Falls Church dealership to test drive a similar car I have on order, and while trying to pitch me to buy it then adn now with a $15,000 markup, the salesperson said even if I wait for my order to arrive, they would still add at least a $5,000 markup. I kindly left astonished by the experience. My "dealer accepted order" on the Ford website makes no mention that they can add a markup on my order. I did pay the $500 deposit.

RidingwithScotty

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR aka Scotty
Country flag
@TSDC they were adding an ADM to your order??? I know they told me about the $15k markup when I initially was inquiring with them about their Mach-E inventory and my jaw about hit the floor over the phone with the salesperson. I had to pay an ADM of $2500 for my dealer stock unit which I was not initially told about. Still infuriating of course but it wasn't $15,000.
Sponsored