Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
HoCo Deputy Sheriff
Country flag
Hello All,

I am a Deputy Sheriff for the Howard County Sheriffs Office in Ellicott City Maryland. I am the Fleet Coordinator & Quartermaster for the Sheriffs Office, I'm a car guy. I have been lurking on this Forum for weeks and only joined recently when our order for the Mach-E GT was placed on 10/12/2022. We placed a Government order with Ford for two black 2023 Mustang Mach-E GT with the extended range battery, just like the NYPD model. Our Police Department will get one of the Mach-E and I will be assigned the other Mach-E GT. We aren't expecting the vehicles to be delivered to us before the middle 2023.

Howard County Maryland is the first County/City in the Country to achieve Platinum under LEEDS v4.1 and the our Howard County Courthouse is Gold under Leeds. The Howard County Courthouse is a new building that has 16 Electric Vehicle Charging Stations available for use along with an abundance of charging stations placed at other Government Buildings, County Parks, County Recreation Centers and throughout the entire county.

In my current position at the Sheriffs Office, Fleet Coordinator, I drive a 2021 Ford Explorer Hybrid Police Interceptor. I checked all of the boxes when our Office of Sustainability came looking for a "Test Pilot" for the Mach-E GT. We had a 2012 Nissan Leaf in our Fleet which was turned in for replacement in 2021. The 2023 Mach-E GT was picked for to replace the Nissan Leaf (Only for Law Enforcement) for many different reasons, short commute and having easy access to a workplace chargers.

I have learned a lot about the Mach-E from all of you on this Forum and will now become more engaged, when I can. Thanks!!

https://www.usgbc.org/articles/howa...latinum-under-leed-v41-cities-and-communities
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Cool! I hope to see one at local BEV events in 2023. Maybe the Clarksville Commons National Drive Electric Week event?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Great to see another MME going to a PD/Sheriff’s Dept. I hope it works out well for your department! 😊🐩

RedStormREHS

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry Hybrid / Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Health Inspector
Country flag
That'll be a super clean bad-guy catcher man! I keep waiting for a CA law enforcement agency to follow suit. I mean, this vehicle is so ideal for law enforcement in many ways! For one, you can precisely "sit" next to any vehicle matching their speed and every movement side-by-side. It's pretty neat! The turning radius is great... No problem on U-turns.

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
Welcome! Glad to see more agencies jumping on board with EVs, let alone the MME. Perfect day-to-day and traffic/parking enforcement vehicles. I was going to try and convince some of the agencies that I worked with but I was basically their guinea pig first.

Nygman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang MachE GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Tax
Country flag
So do you get the GT or the GTPE? What I really want to see though, is it on 20" steelie interceptor rims.

Good luck with them, we will need photos when you get them.

Enjoy!

OP
OP
DeputyMach-E

DeputyMach-E

First Name
DeputyMach-E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
HoCo Deputy Sheriff
Country flag
Sir - Nice on new vehicle. I say take it down to the Ellicott City Commercial/Retail area, park it in front of the supermarkets to let people know that the Howard County Sheriffs Office is going to crack down on aggressive driving on Baltimore National Pike. Practice Civility in Howard County - on Rt. 40, too. Many thanks for your departments service.
Thanks for the tip! I might have to just do that I stay busy enough on Rt. 29 and Rt.100

OP
OP
DeputyMach-E

DeputyMach-E

First Name
DeputyMach-E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
HoCo Deputy Sheriff
Country flag
OP
OP
DeputyMach-E

DeputyMach-E

First Name
DeputyMach-E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
HoCo Deputy Sheriff
Country flag
So do you get the GT or the GTPE? What I really want to see though, is it on 20" steelie interceptor rims.

Good luck with them, we will need photos when you get them.

Enjoy!
We ordered the GT version without the glass roof and extended battery. I will post more information as the production of the vehicle moves forward.

Nygman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang MachE GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Tax
Country flag
We ordered the GT version without the glass roof and extended battery. I will post more information as the production of the vehicle moves forward.
Less weight longer range, less complex, makes sense. Reminds me of the old Fox Body LX 5.0 interceptor.

I guess this means in 3-6yrs we will be able to pickup police spec MME GTs at auction. That will be interesting. Those ex-patrol 5.0 Mustangs were a lot of fun, back in the day.

machefan2022

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E CalRt1
Country flag
Why choose the GT over the other less costly AWD options? Seems like for a law enforcement use case longer range and slightly less power would be beneficial.
Sponsored