SnowBunnE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y
Country flag
I am sorry for those that posted that had their cars damaged. The positive side is that you are foster a great conversation and some of us learned from it. I was on the fence for GAP insurance from the loan company but the $350 seems worth the little cost. I also am thankful for the comments on diminished value. I am going to ask my insurance agent about his cost.

My big concern would be not that the vehicle is wrecked but totaled. Good luck getting a new MME, especially now that Ford is no longer taking 2022 orders. The dealers are going to be hitting people with high ADM's. Time to buy a used bolt at this point. :eek:
I didn’t pick up gap insurance for my MME (like a bonehead). FORTUNATELY for me, the car went up in price 2x since I purchased it. Couple that with the inflated prices due to high demand, and the totaled value was appx 8k over what I paid. I got extremely lucky in this instance. I DID however, purchase Gap insurance for my replacement.
Sponsored

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I didn’t pick up gap insurance for my MME (like a bonehead). FORTUNATELY for me, the car went up in price 2x since I purchased it. Couple that with the inflated prices due to high demand, and the totaled value was appx 8k over what I paid. I got extremely lucky in this instance. I DID however, purchase Gap insurance for my replacement.
What I would be worried me, and why I am going to get gap, is that the insurance companies use formulas or indexes or some guy sitting in a dark basement somewhere to value the cost of a car. It is not reality but statistics. Even though buying a new MME would be $5K to $10K over MSRP, they would probably tell you that it is $5K to $10K under MSRP. This means you owe the delta if it is totaled. I would be very surprised if the insurance companies gave replacement value cost versus estimate book cost.

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
When I acquired my 2022 MME last month, I purchased GAP insurance from Ford Motor Credit. It was the only place I could obtain it; my insurance company doesn't offer GAP and as far as I know there are no independent companies selling GAP anymore.

I did pause to wonder whether GAP is really necessary when the market for the MME is so hot. But I was afraid that my insurance company might not value my new MME at market rates, and thus I'd end up underwater if I total the car in the next year or so. What do you think?

Ztug

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 mache e
Country flag
I went thru a similar ordeal last month. My initial damage quote was for 30k but, after further investigation, the car was totaled. I wound up picking up a Kia EV6 and now believe that the guy who hit me did me a huge favor.

I’m wishing you all the best and a speedy repair.
F405F588-396E-4F18-BB1D-E1B59B62C388.png
Did it include a battery? I'm worried that when they take it apart at the body shop the clock will start again for replacement parts and it will be moths more on top of the weeks waiting for the appointment. We are really missing the Mach-E. The F150 is nice enough but it only gets 20mpg if we are careful and it doesn't have adaptive cruise control let alone lane keeping. I've gotten kind of spoiled.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Another Mach-E Crash Report and Repair Cost Estimate 20201123_181050~2

SnowBunnE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y
Country flag
Did it include a battery? I'm worried that when they take it apart at the body shop the clock will start again for replacement parts and it will be moths more on top of the weeks waiting for the appointment. We are really missing the Mach-E. The F150 is nice enough but it only gets 20mpg if we are careful and it doesn't have adaptive cruise control let alone lane keeping. I've gotten kind of spoiled.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Another Mach-E Crash Report and Repair Cost Estimate 20201123_181050~2
It did include a battery. FYI, the insurance company initially tried to claim it was repairable. However, after my mechanic and their adjuster took a look, the car was a total loss. 73K was the total loss amount.