Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
Not my fault. Other driver blew a stop sign. Couldn't stop in time. The irony is that just 10 minutes earlier and 4 miles away she rear ended a Tesla! No airbags and no injuries. No, the driver was not impaired.

999.4 miles on my MME. Initial repair estimate $16,621.98.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Another Mach-E Crash Report and Repair Cost Estimate 1620935040497

Ford Mustang Mach-E Another Mach-E Crash Report and Repair Cost Estimate 1620935096511

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Oh no! Mine hit 1,000 miles on my way home from the accident. Really sucked making that first payment while it was in the shop. And now, I've owned it for about 10 weeks and 6 of those, it has been in the shop.

Where are you having it repaired?

OP
OP

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
Oh no! Mine hit 1,000 miles on my way home from the accident. Really sucked making that first payment while it was in the shop. And now, I've owned it for about 10 weeks and 6 of those, it has been in the shop.

Where are you having it repaired?
Just happened Saturday in Lucerne, CO. We were on our way back from Cheyenne. About 960 miles at the accident location, 999.4 when getting home. Just left yesterday for Sill-TerHar.

FYI - the tow driver says he has taken quite a few MME's (and other Ford's) from the rail depot to Sill-TerHar. He said there is a lot of damage that occurs on the trains in transit. They don't chock them properly and get a lot of front and read damage.

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
Not my fault. Other driver blew a stop sign. Couldn't stop in time. The irony is that just 10 minutes earlier and 4 miles away she rear ended a Tesla! No airbags and no injuries. No, the driver was not impaired.
Wow. And I presume she went on to hit a Chevy Bolt ten minutes after your accident, and then Nissan Leaf another ten minutes after that? And she's still out there terrorizing random EV drivers every ten minutes?

Seriously though, I hope she's off the streets for a good long time. And if she was experiencing an extreme emotional event of some type, well I hope she's getting help.

And I'm glad you are okay!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So sorry to hear it. Don't be surprised if the cost goes up. My hood wasn't involved and the total was over $10K.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
Was she high?

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Just happened Saturday in Lucerne, CO. We were on our way back from Cheyenne. About 960 miles at the accident location, 999.4 when getting home. Just left yesterday for Sill-TerHar.

FYI - the tow driver says he has taken quite a few MME's (and other Ford's) from the rail depot to Sill-TerHar. He said there is a lot of damage that occurs on the trains in transit. They don't chock them properly and get a lot of front and read damage.
I almost took mine to SIl-Terhar. They are one other other Ford dealers with an in-house body shop. Mine is at O'Meara. They've been great.

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag

999.4 miles on my MME. Initial repair estimate $16,621.98.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Another Mach-E Crash Report and Repair Cost Estimate 1620935096511

Sorry - I'm glad everyone is ok - but that beautiful car! Well hopefully it ill be fixed quickly and back to new. Makes me feel bad for having complained about a windshield rock chip!

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
That's awful but so glad your okay! I know our cars have "collision prevention assist' but what is supposed to do? Our F150 has it as well and someone pulled out in front of my spouse and still a collision? I wonder what scenario that technology would avoid an accident?

Don't forget to request DV claim and keep as many pictures as you can. When you go to sell it, or
Colorado has a long history of allowing diminished value claims in third-party car accident actions. ... Colorado law allows you to collect compensation not only for the costs of restoring your vehicle to a drivable condition but also for the fact that your vehicle is reduced in value.
This is especially valuable the newer the vehicle is.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Dann...that sucks.
Glad you're ok.
Hope it can get fixed soon ??
Oof. I feel for you. I'm curious how the frunk held-up in the crash? I've been wondering if things in the frunk are likely to get damaged badly in a head-on.