grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
999.4 miles on my MME. Initial repair estimate $16,621.98.

Oh no! Mine hit 1,000 miles on my way home from the accident
Mine has just landed in the UK. Hopefully will be taking delivery very soon. Looks like I will need to take EXTRA care around the 1000 mile mark ? Seriously though, glad there no injuries, human ones anyway, as a result of your accidents.
Sponsored

Reactions: UW2
OP
OP

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
I almost took mine to SIl-Terhar. They are one other other Ford dealers with an in-house body shop. Mine is at O'Meara. They've been great.
I have been following your journey. I had the same thought process about Dealer versus Authorized location. Sill-TerHar has the contract with ford for all of the "in transit " damages.

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium E AWD/ / 2017 Mercedes GLE-43
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
Not my fault. Other driver blew a stop sign. Couldn't stop in time. The irony is that just 10 minutes earlier and 4 miles away she rear ended a Tesla! No airbags and no injuries. No, the driver was not impaired.

1620935040497.png

1620935096511.png
you should see if they can order the GT front grille :)

OP
OP

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
That's interesting. Even if it didn't have time to stop the vehicle before impact, I would think that it would have at least activated.
I estimate that from the time they appeared in front of me and the impact was 2-5 seconds. They came from the left from behind a semi crossing in front.

OP
OP

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
Just in from my insurance company. I guess I need to start reading my policy!

Diminished value (DV) is excluded from your policy unless you purchase an endorsement which provides coverage for it. You do not have the diminished value endorsement on your policy. If you had it, it would pay either 10% or 15% of the total repair costs depending on the age of the vehicle (a new vehicle like yours would be 15%). You should speak to your agent if you would like to add this coverage to any of your vehicles for future claims.
See SECTION III – Physical Damage Coverage Exclusions, B2 on Page 9 of your policy to read the exclusion in its entirety - (see policy language below):
B. EXCLUSIONS 2. Diminished Value Loss to a covered auto because of or arising out of diminished value. This exclusion does not apply to the extent that coverage is provided when Diminished Value Coverage is shown in the Declarations.
However, just because your policy excludes DV, it does not preclude you from presenting a DV claim to the insurance company of the at-fault driver. It is something normally covered under property damage liability coverage. Basically, you will need to document your loss. Be sure to keep a copy of the final repair estimate, and photos of the damage. Also, many people will have the dealership where they purchased the car or an appraiser prepare a report that outlines the loss in value due to the accident.
You can present all of the information to the other insurance company once repairs are finished. Please note, the statute of limitations for a property damage claim in Colorado is two years from the date of the accident. The statute of limitations for your property damage claim will expire on 05/08/2023. You must settle the claim with the other insurance company, or file a lawsuit before 05/08/2023, which will toll the statute.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
If repair bills like that keep coming up, insurance rates are going to skyrocket.....
Are these higher prices than similar damage on other cars?

I really don’t know how to value things like this and part of the reason why visiting a mechanic can be such an unpleasant experience - hard to tell if I am getting a good deal, fair deal, or taken for a ride.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Just in from my insurance company. I guess I need to start reading my policy!

Diminished value (DV) is excluded from your policy unless you purchase an endorsement which provides coverage for it. You do not have the diminished value endorsement on your policy. If you had it, it would pay either 10% or 15% of the total repair costs depending on the age of the vehicle (a new vehicle like yours would be 15%). You should speak to your agent if you would like to add this coverage to any of your vehicles for future claims.
See SECTION III – Physical Damage Coverage Exclusions, B2 on Page 9 of your policy to read the exclusion in its entirety - (see policy language below):
B. EXCLUSIONS 2. Diminished Value Loss to a covered auto because of or arising out of diminished value. This exclusion does not apply to the extent that coverage is provided when Diminished Value Coverage is shown in the Declarations.
However, just because your policy excludes DV, it does not preclude you from presenting a DV claim to the insurance company of the at-fault driver. It is something normally covered under property damage liability coverage. Basically, you will need to document your loss. Be sure to keep a copy of the final repair estimate, and photos of the damage. Also, many people will have the dealership where they purchased the car or an appraiser prepare a report that outlines the loss in value due to the accident.
You can present all of the information to the other insurance company once repairs are finished. Please note, the statute of limitations for a property damage claim in Colorado is two years from the date of the accident. The statute of limitations for your property damage claim will expire on 05/08/2023. You must settle the claim with the other insurance company, or file a lawsuit before 05/08/2023, which will toll the statute.
My wife had to do that with her Kia Soul after a 600 mile on the odometer accident. She had to go after the driver with a lawyer and eventually got $6500 after lawyer fees for diminished value

machefordy

First Name
mache
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mache 2021
Country flag
No Emergency Braking or Warning Messages
Does Mach e has cross traffic assist brakes . Like emergency brakes at red light if someone runs a red light at intersection cross traffic ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Does Mach e has cross traffic assist brakes . Like emergency brakes at red light if someone runs a red light at intersection cross traffic ?
Yes but clearly this situation was beyond the limits of the assistance system.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Another Mach-E Crash Report and Repair Cost Estimate Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 8.20.26 PM

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Between you and Mach-E VLOG, I’m starting to rethink my plans to road trip the Smurfmobile on out to Colorado from the mitten. That’s way too high a percentage of Mach-E’s getting wrecked in one state. ?

on a more serious note, I’m glad you are ok. They can fix a car.

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
Between you and Mach-E VLOG, I’m starting to rethink my plans to road trip the Smurfmobile on out to Colorado from the mitten. That’s way too high a percentage of Mach-E’s getting wrecked in one state. ?

on a more serious note, I’m glad you are ok. They can fix a car.
Glad everyone is ok but I am really glad I went with shadow black. First grabber blue and now white are in accident's.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Not my fault. Other driver blew a stop sign. Couldn't stop in time. The irony is that just 10 minutes earlier and 4 miles away she rear ended a Tesla! No airbags and no injuries. No, the driver was not impaired.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Another Mach-E Crash Report and Repair Cost Estimate Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 8.20.26 PM

Your ok, so that's great. Sad to hear dang.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Anything on your mache, You know your one of the euro people that has been here for the long haul. Can't wait until We see pics of yours.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Very sorry to hear this. Glad that you are OK. Vehicles can be replaced even if totaled. And we're getting close to a totaled vehicle, which is why GAP insurance for Options shouldn't be dismissed out of hand. (If the vehicle was totaled you'd likely be underwater by quite a bit).
Sponsored