Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS , Premium EX4, 22' M3 SR+, R1T Order
Occupation
Electric Utilities - Management
Country flag
Well my wife and I hopped the line in a big way, we ordered our mach e on 12/28/2020 and got lucky to have someone cancel their order when it came into the dealership and we must have been fresh in their mind because they called us and we picked it up last Thursday, Ibm premium awd extended range with white interior!

Anywho to test it out we did a road trip to go see family (this was planned already but worked out well!) This weekend in california. Total trip was about 625 miles (95% of our mileage to date) and consumption over the whole trip averaged 3.1m/kwh which was surprising to say the least! Trip went from the bay area up to my parents just outside of yosemite (stayed there for 2 days driving in 20-35 degree weather), then down the hill to family up north of sacramento in chico, where we stayed 2 more days. At both of these stops my father and brother test drove the car and were not gentle on it (I daily drive a focus rs, so they wanted to compare performance).

The final stretch of the trip was a drive all hwy back I to the bay, I basically just stayed with the flow of traffic from 65 to 75ish mph. Stopped twice once for a long work call and another for a Starbucks, and with all hwy driving climate control comfortable and adaptive cruise/lane keep on we got 3.3m/kwh average for the drive which was insane and way beyond my expectations. My previous ev experience has been company and friends tesla's where with a lot of seat time I never got better then 2/3rds range estimate, and far less then the 270-295 miles I was seeing on my mach e. To say the least I am floored at the efficiency of this vehicle. Admittedly my conditions were fairly ideal (probably an average ambient temp of 60, outside of the time at my parents where the high was 37 and low was 18).

Over the trip I hit 2 electrify america stations (they worked flawless up to 80% and stayed between 108 and 140kw all the way to 80% both times, and plug and charge worked flawless) 1 50kw chargpoint (worked fine as well and basically stayed at 47kw constant to 80%) and 1 50kw EVgo station that gave me some trouble connecting but worked on the third try (this may have been user error)

All in all very positive experience, car drove Excellent, was super comfortable and on the highway the driver assists performed just as well as autopilot and had basically no disengages. Charging was mostly seamless and fast, and the car surprised me. My brother and his wife actually ordered one tonight after driving ours ( it will be their first ford to).

PXL_20210224_014922799.jpg

PXL_20210224_014918021.jpg

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
That's absolutely stellar! Congrats on the car! Glad you guys had a wonderful trip, and that the charging experiences went so well.

tmblue

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Audi Q5, 1986 IROCZ, Mach-E
Country flag
oof that's my build.. nice! I ordered 06/2020, dealer finally put it in on 10/20

OP
OP

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I wish it wouldn't count towards the calculated m/kw when the vehicle is parked. 99.99 mi/kw when people are looking through all the menus and settings skews the numbers. It is still good though nonetheless.
It doesn't really skew the numbers, it really just adds time and makes it hard to calculate average MPH. The miles per kwh wont increase though as you actually have to travel the distance for it to calculate.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Excellent overview of your road trip, thank you.

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
Congrats on the purchase. Was an Infinite Blue Premium 4X white interior actually what you ordered? The same thing happened to me. I ordered a Rapid Red Prem 4 in July. Dealer had a Rapid Red Prem 4X in stock 30 days before mine was due in. I'm now happy I got a change to get the big battery. I happened to visit the dealer the next morning after they got it and grabbed it.

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
It doesn't really skew the numbers, it really just adds time and makes it hard to calculate average MPH. The miles per kwh wont increase though as you actually have to travel the distance for it to calculate.
Ok, scratch that. I wish the time wouldn't be counted when the vehicle is in park, that way the accurate avg speed could be calculated for the trip.

OP
OP

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Congrats on the purchase. Was an Infinite Blue Premium 4X white interior actually what you ordered? The same thing happened to me. I ordered a Rapid Red Prem 4 in July. Dealer had a Rapid Red Prem 4X in stock 30 days before mine was due in. I'm now happy I got a change to get the big battery. I happened to visit the dealer the next morning after they got it and grabbed it.
No we actually ordered a space white premium awd ex with white interior, so the only difference was the color, that being said we quickly fell in love with the blue!

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium RWD Ext Range Infinite Blue 3/3/2021
Occupation
TV
Country flag
Well my wife and I hopped the line in a big way, we ordered our mach e on 12/28/2020 and got lucky to have someone cancel their order when it came into the dealership and we must have been fresh in their mind because they called us and we picked it up last Thursday, Ibm premium awd extended range with white interior!

Anywho to test it out we did a road trip to go see family (this was planned already but worked out well!) This weekend in california. Total trip was about 625 miles (95% of our mileage to date) and consumption over the whole trip averaged 3.1m/kwh which was surprising to say the least! Trip went from the bay area up to my parents just outside of yosemite (stayed there for 2 days driving in 20-35 degree weather), then down the hill to family up north of sacramento in chico, where we stayed 2 more days. At both of these stops my father and brother test drove the car and were not gentle on it (I daily drive a focus rs, so they wanted to compare performance).

The final stretch of the trip was a drive all hwy back I to the bay, I basically just stayed with the flow of traffic from 65 to 75ish mph. Stopped twice once for a long work call and another for a Starbucks, and with all hwy driving climate control comfortable and adaptive cruise/lane keep on we got 3.3m/kwh average for the drive which was insane and way beyond my expectations. My previous ev experience has been company and friends tesla's where with a lot of seat time I never got better then 2/3rds range estimate, and far less then the 270-295 miles I was seeing on my mach e. To say the least I am floored at the efficiency of this vehicle. Admittedly my conditions were fairly ideal (probably an average ambient temp of 60, outside of the time at my parents where the high was 37 and low was 18).

Over the trip I hit 2 electrify america stations (they worked flawless up to 80% and stayed between 108 and 140kw all the way to 80% both times, and plug and charge worked flawless) 1 50kw chargpoint (worked fine as well and basically stayed at 47kw constant to 80%) and 1 50kw EVgo station that gave me some trouble connecting but worked on the third try (this may have been user error)

All in all very positive experience, car drove Excellent, was super comfortable and on the highway the driver assists performed just as well as autopilot and had basically no disengages. Charging was mostly seamless and fast, and the car surprised me. My brother and his wife actually ordered one tonight after driving ours ( it will be their first ford to).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Another road trip post, Mach-E range over a 600 mile california trip PXL_20210224_014918021

Ford Mustang Mach-E Another road trip post, Mach-E range over a 600 mile california trip PXL_20210224_014918021
Really exciting to read this. I live in California too and have been fingers-crossed for this kind of performance in this climate. I take delivery on mine in 3 days and can't wait.

Irfan

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Investments
Country flag

what price per KWH are you seeing at these charge stations?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Congrats and thanks for the write up. It’s pleasing to see the range

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Now the real question: EVgo is supposed to be part of the "fordpass charging network"; did you have to use your existing EVgo account or was there a way to use the ford account?

Phoney

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD Extended Range
Country flag
Now the real question: EVgo is supposed to be part of the "fordpass charging network"; did you have to use your existing EVgo account or was there a way to use the ford account?
I’m sat at an EVGO rapid charger right now. I had to sign up on EVgo app with credit card. FordPass app says this charger is “in network” but couldn’t find any way to use FordPass. Took 46 minutes to acquire 68% charge from 14% starting point. Cost $17.23.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

PXL_20210224_014922799.jpg

PXL_20210224_014918021.jpg
Nice writeup! It's great to see about 290 mile range there.

Did your EA charging sessions follow what most have seen: the first several minutes around 140kW then dropping to around 108 for most of the remainder to 80%?