Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
No we actually ordered a space white premium awd ex with white interior, so the only difference was the color, that being said we quickly fell in love with the blue!
It's a great color. If it wasn't so close to my wife's Explorer, I think I would've ordered it.

PXL_20210218_210957462.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS , Premium EX4, 22' M3 SR+, R1T Order
Occupation
Electric Utilities - Management
Country flag
Now the real question: EVgo is supposed to be part of the "fordpass charging network"; did you have to use your existing EVgo account or was there a way to use the ford account?
There was a way to use the fordpass account, but forpass doesn't link with any of your third party accounts for the cheaper rates, so I used the evgo app. Under fordpass though I could select the station and activate it though.

OP
OP

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Nice writeup! It's great to see about 290 mile range there.

Did your EA charging sessions follow what most have seen: the first several minutes around 140kW then dropping to around 108 for most of the remainder to 80%?
The first EA station we hit jumped right to 143KW and we walked away and grabbed a coffee and by the time we came back we were at 79% and it was at 108kw, as soon as 80 hit it dropped to like 17KW though. Not sure what it was between 30 and 80% though as we weren't at the car. The second session started at 148kw @ 37% SOC and stayed between 130-148kw to about 70% then slowly ramped down to like 103-110ish until 80% were we ended it.

OP
OP

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
what price per KWH are you seeing at these charge stations?
EVGO was the most, it was 41c/kw plus a $5.50 station fee. EA was free with our 250KW, but the station rates with EA pass + was 31C/kw, Chargepoint was 31c/KW as well.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The first EA station we hit jumped right to 143KW and we walked away and grabbed a coffee and by the time we came back we were at 79% and it was at 108kw, as soon as 80 hit it dropped to like 17KW though. Not sure what it was between 30 and 80% though as we weren't at the car. The second session started at 148kw @ 37% SOC and stayed between 130-148kw to about 70% then slowly ramped down to like 103-110ish until 80% were we ended it.
Nice! That sounds even better than Bjorn's charge curves:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mme-charging-curve-data-collection.1617/post-113656

Irfan

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Investments
Country flag
Well my wife and I hopped the line in a big way, we ordered our mach e on 12/28/2020 and got lucky to have someone cancel their order when it came into the dealership and we must have been fresh in their mind because they called us and we picked it up last Thursday, Ibm premium awd extended range with white interior!

Anywho to test it out we did a road trip to go see family (this was planned already but worked out well!) This weekend in california. Total trip was about 625 miles (95% of our mileage to date) and consumption over the whole trip averaged 3.1m/kwh which was surprising to say the least! Trip went from the bay area up to my parents just outside of yosemite (stayed there for 2 days driving in 20-35 degree weather), then down the hill to family up north of sacramento in chico, where we stayed 2 more days. At both of these stops my father and brother test drove the car and were not gentle on it (I daily drive a focus rs, so they wanted to compare performance).

The final stretch of the trip was a drive all hwy back I to the bay, I basically just stayed with the flow of traffic from 65 to 75ish mph. Stopped twice once for a long work call and another for a Starbucks, and with all hwy driving climate control comfortable and adaptive cruise/lane keep on we got 3.3m/kwh average for the drive which was insane and way beyond my expectations. My previous ev experience has been company and friends tesla's where with a lot of seat time I never got better then 2/3rds range estimate, and far less then the 270-295 miles I was seeing on my mach e. To say the least I am floored at the efficiency of this vehicle. Admittedly my conditions were fairly ideal (probably an average ambient temp of 60, outside of the time at my parents where the high was 37 and low was 18).

Over the trip I hit 2 electrify america stations (they worked flawless up to 80% and stayed between 108 and 140kw all the way to 80% both times, and plug and charge worked flawless) 1 50kw chargpoint (worked fine as well and basically stayed at 47kw constant to 80%) and 1 50kw EVgo station that gave me some trouble connecting but worked on the third try (this may have been user error)

All in all very positive experience, car drove Excellent, was super comfortable and on the highway the driver assists performed just as well as autopilot and had basically no disengages. Charging was mostly seamless and fast, and the car surprised me. My brother and his wife actually ordered one tonight after driving ours ( it will be their first ford to).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Another road trip post, Mach-E range over a 600 mile california trip PXL_20210218_210957462

Ford Mustang Mach-E Another road trip post, Mach-E range over a 600 mile california trip PXL_20210218_210957462
What was the cost per KWH to charge at electrify America?

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag
Really exciting to read this. I live in California too and have been fingers-crossed for this kind of performance in this climate. I take delivery on mine in 3 days and can't wait.
John, Did you receive your car yet and is your dealer, Towne Ford? I am expecting my Mach E to arrive at Towne Ford by March 3.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Around 12AM PCT I will beginning my road trip from Bakersfield, California to Houston Texas. Roughly 1600 plus miles. Based on navigation it is 32 hours with 7 charging stops but likely more depending on speed.

we plan on doing it in two days and leave next Saturday morning to return. This is a true adventure. Already did a short warm up. 210 miles round trip from North Hollywood. Interesting enough is elevation changes. If you can max out the elevation by going slower up hill and make up the difference downhill you will for sure add energy back to the battery.

I did notice at 13% the dash turns bright orange and states LOW BATTERY.

tomorrow I cannot wait. Starting at night trying to go half way which we figure to be Las Cruces New Mexico.We have two major hills. First is bakersfield thru the Grapevine. 300 ft to 4400 ft and then down to about 200 ft. The last is Palm Springs through the high desert. Wish my buddy and me luck.

OP
OP

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
What was the cost per KWH to charge at electrify America?
I was still using credits, so nothing, bit it's 31-44c/kw out here depending our your membership

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Around 12AM PCT I will beginning my road trip from Bakersfield, California to Houston Texas. Roughly 1600 plus miles. Based on navigation it is 32 hours with 7 charging stops but likely more depending on speed.

we plan on doing it in two days and leave next Saturday morning to return. This is a true adventure. Already did a short warm up. 210 miles round trip from North Hollywood. Interesting enough is elevation changes. If you can max out the elevation by going slower up hill and make up the difference downhill you will for sure add energy back to the battery.

I did notice at 13% the dash turns bright orange and states LOW BATTERY.

tomorrow I cannot wait. Starting at night trying to go half way which we figure to be Las Cruces New Mexico.We have two major hills. First is bakersfield thru the Grapevine. 300 ft to 4400 ft and then down to about 200 ft. The last is Palm Springs through the high desert. Wish my buddy and me luck.
Safe travels!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium RWD Ext Range Infinite Blue 3/3/2021
Occupation
TV
Country flag
John, Did you receive your car yet and is your dealer, Towne Ford? I am expecting my Mach E to arrive at Towne Ford by March 3.
Hi -- yes, Towne Ford is my dealer and no I haven't received my car yet. I'm glad you've been given March 3 as your date. There are two incoming for sure according to Kevin, the guy I spoke to yesterday at the dealer. Maybe one is yours and one is mine! Hope so --- let's stay in touch and good luck @srogers

0CO2

First Name
0CO2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Occupation
Academic
Country flag
I finally got my MME FE onto some reasonably longer distance driving around western Oregon yesterday under near optimal conditions (on the cooler side of optimal) - air temps in the low to mid 50's, dry roads, not too much braking, and enjoying the gawking at the car from a bunch of teenagers in a 1970's muscle car driving south on I-5.

This was a mixture of state highways and interstate, generally between 55 mph and 67 mph, with intelligent cruise control and lane centering most of the time. This was my first lengthy drive with climate control turned off except for a small amount of heat seating at the beginning. I got a solid 3.5 mi/kWh and my own calculations of range at 100% charge (not the car's estimate, which was biased by previous driving) came out to between 308 miles and 342 miles (the lower estimate just assuming I'd fully charged to 88 kWh usable - although I didn't quite get to 100% charge - it registered 99% and 2 miles range short of target when I pulled the charger at home; and the higher range based on miles actually driven and percentage of charge used for those miles).

It was a big relief to see that the MME met/beat EPA estimated range, at least under near ideal conditions. My old 2017 Bolt (66 kWh, EPA rated at 238 miles, 3.9 mi/kWh, single motor, and lighter than the MME) achieved around 304 miles actual one summer drive on I-5 with no climate control on and cruise control on at 65 mph all the way. I didn't think the MME FE would come close to this, even with its 88 kWh (usable) battery - but it did.
Sponsored