Another Stop Safely Now

Abiaar2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Select AWD Infinite Blue
Country flag
A few months ago I got the Stop safely now alert when attempting to start the car to go to work. Long story short took the wife's car to work that day. When I returned home that afternoon and checked the car it started just fine and has been operating fine ever since. Fast forward to today. Coming out of the garage I notice that there is a little frost on the back window. I assumed that the car didn't precondition as scheduled. Not the first time that has happened. Throw my bag in the back seat close that door and then go and unplug the car. I get in and low and behold there is our favorite message Stop Safely Now! After a few minutes of expletives I grabbed my stuff from the back seat, plugged the car back in and went inside and told my wife I'm not going to work today. About 15 minutes later just for kicks I open up the Ford Pass app on my phone and hit the remote start. Before I even had time to remove my thumb from the button the app said the car had started. Jumped up and went to check and sure enough it was up and running. Outside temp was 35F during all of this. Appreciate any feedback.
Sponsored

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Do you have an OBD reader to see codes? You might want to get one, they're cheap. If your don't have one, I would perhaps drive to a good dealer while you still can and have them pull the codes.

OP
OP

Abiaar2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Select AWD Infinite Blue
Country flag
I'll pull them when I get home. Ended up going to work.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
A few months ago I got the Stop safely now alert when attempting to start the car to go to work. Long story short took the wife's car to work that day. When I returned home that afternoon and checked the car it started just fine and has been operating fine ever since. Fast forward to today. Coming out of the garage I notice that there is a little frost on the back window. I assumed that the car didn't precondition as scheduled. Not the first time that has happened. Throw my bag in the back seat close that door and then go and unplug the car. I get in and low and behold there is our favorite message Stop Safely Now! After a few minutes of expletives I grabbed my stuff from the back seat, plugged the car back in and went inside and told my wife I'm not going to work today. About 15 minutes later just for kicks I open up the Ford Pass app on my phone and hit the remote start. Before I even had time to remove my thumb from the button the app said the car had started. Jumped up and went to check and sure enough it was up and running. Outside temp was 35F during all of this. Appreciate any feedback.
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Rocketman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Premium RWD ER
Country flag
Do you have an OBD reader to see codes? You might want to get one, they're cheap. If your don't have one, I would perhaps drive to a good dealer while you still can and have them pull the codes.
Any suggestions for the OBD readers?
Sponsored