Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Hey MME Forum,

I've been following the Forum for months but just recently joined. I've been calling my dealer the last 3 weekends and finally he said his Demo was in. I just returned from test driving the a Carbonized Grey Ext. Range RWD. So I thought I would add my two cents. A lot of what has been previously reported is very accurate. Here are my general thoughts. (Full Disclosure I test drove a Dual Motor Model Y two weeks ago and still figuring out which one to get.)

1. The color (Carbonized Grey/Gray) is a heck of a lot more spectacular in person. Pictures and videos just don't do this color justice. I have on order a Rapid Red and I'm sure it will be great; but just wanted to let the future owners of the Grey know they made a wonderful choice.

2. Comfort: Ford knocked it out of the park!!! When I sat in the seats the 1st thought that came to mind was "Butter". The seats are shockingly comfortable. My current car has Napa Leather and they feel plasticy compared to Ford's vegan leather. The seats are softer than the Tesla. So if your commute is more than 30 min. I would consider the Mach E.

3. Luxury vs. Minimalism. While there are not a tremendous amount of physical buttons in the MME there are a few and they are well thought out and more common used buttons. The Mach E feels luxurious while the Model Y feels nice but minimalistic. If minimalisism is not your thing, think MME. The MME is definitely more of a Luxury feel. I have never owned a modern ford so can't add perspective or comparison. My 67' Mustang Convertible has a pretty rugged interior and rough suspension though LOL.

4. Tech: I have limited exposure to both. I did drive the FSD Model Y and must say the car literally drove its self down the road. I tried to engage the Blue circle with MME a few times but it came out or cancelled rather quickly. This is probably me more than the car, just not knowing how to use it correctly. From a tech standpoint even if your talking Autopilot v. ford I feel it's Tesla's category. Although Elon's resistance to Apple Car Play (Android Auto) and Waze may sway some people back to the MME in the category.

5. Driving dynamics: The previous posts that have said the MME drives more like a car are spot on. The Tesla feels more like a go-cart. If "Darty" is a word that is what I would call the Model Y I drove. Model Y is "shockingly quick" and responds like a go-cart, turn on a dime type of response. The MME felt more Luxury Car Market.

6. MME RWD v. AWD. Full disclosure I have only driven the RWD (today). I have mixed feelings about this!!! I was underwhelmed with the RWD while in Engage mode and was telling myself (so my wife couldn't hear) I'm glad I ordered the AWD. Then I put it in Unbridled Mode about 1/2 way through the test drive. WOW!!! For those automotive reviewers that said in their videos they really couldn't tell much a difference; I'm here to tell you there is definitely a difference. Unbridled mode is a lot more quick and funny enough, engaging. Unless on a longer trip I would probably drive the RWD in Unbridled Mode. So in my limited opinion if you've ordered a RWD MME and your not interested in winning any impromptu drag races you will be happy and simply just use Unbridled Mode when needed.

**Bonus: A gentleman looking at the MME right after me has had 4 Teslas and two Leafs. If you could have seen his face when he sat in MME's seat, he was shocked on the comfort level. ** On my drive home I saw a red Model Y and from the back rear quarter panel view it's really not a great looking car. As opposed to the MME, which it might be it's best angle.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Interesting, good to know. I've got a RT1 on order (ER RWD) so it is nice to hear some comments on the "giddyup" of the RWD. Hopefully it compares well enough to my 6cyl mustang.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Hey MME Forum,

1. The color (Carbonized Grey/Gray) is a heck of a lot more spectacular in person. Pictures and videos just don't do this color justice. I have on order a Rapid Red and I'm sure it will be great; but just wanted to let the future owners of the Grey know they made a wonderful choice.
Cool. I have a Grey FE and I think the Red accents with the calipers + grey are a great combo. Looking forward to seeing it live.
Sponsored