Another way to lock your MME

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
But that's different right. Locking from inside doesn't engage anti-theft systems: things like immobilizer and motion sensor. There are other differences as well. For example, I wouldn't expect the car to auto fold the mirror when locked from inside.

I've been locking the car from outside by holding 7.8 and 9.0 simultaneously on the keypad.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jako607

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
But that's different right. Locking from inside doesn't engage anti-theft systems: things like immobilizer and motion sensor. There are other differences as well. For example, I wouldn't expect the car to auto fold the mirror when locked from inside.

I've been locking the car from outside by holding 7.8 and 9.0 simultaneously on the keypad.
In my testing on the MME it does engage the alarm and folds in the mirrors, as soon as all 4 doors are closed. As I walk away I look back at the vehicle to find it locking, mirrors folding, and I know alarm is enabled because my dog inside the vehicle accidentally set off the alarm while I was in the store...she's big and was moving around a lot at the time ?. Give it a try on yours (or when you get it)

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
I had a twinge of jealousy seeing the red stitching <sigh> :rolleyes:
You should be able to get a talented pin striper to paint your stiches.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
In my testing on the MME it does engage the alarm and folds in the mirrors, as soon as all 4 doors are closed. As I walk away I look back at the vehicle to find it locking, mirrors folding, and I know alarm is enabled because my dog inside the vehicle accidentally set off the alarm while I was in the store...she's big and was moving around a lot at the time ?. Give it a try on yours (or when you get it)
Is that due to walk away locking or due to actions you've taken? The car would have done that even if you didn't lock it from inside.

If you lock through keypad, keyfob, or the lock icon on the door, the car fold the mirrors right away before you started walking away.

OP
OP
Jako607

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
Is that due to walk away locking or due to the action you've taken? The car would have done that even if you didn't lock it from inside.
No I have walk away turned off. I don't like it cuz I don't want it to do it when I'm at home and the car is in the garage. I run out to the car to get something or put something in it often enough that having it be locked when I get out there is too annoying.

Reactions: Nav

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
3) I don't have to have auto-lock on walkaway turned on. (I dont like this feature cuz when enabled, it also does this when I'm home parked in the garage, which is super annoying). I wish the MME had a setting where you could have it auto lock when you're away from home, but not when in the garage/connected to home WiFi. If it did I'd use this.
Nice. Fellow weirdo here. ? Good to know and thanks for posting, especially about #3. I was wondering how I would deal with that feature. Agree with the second part of that as well, be nice for like a "geo-fence" type feature that you could enable so it knows when you are home. Or when your home wifi was detected as you've said.

So if your doors are unlocked, does that affect/prevent you from remote starting (pre-conditioning) the car, say for example in the morning before commute? My Hyundai Santa Fe requires the doors to be locked before the remote start command will work successfully. Be nice if it just did that as part of the remote start request if the doors weren't already locked.

Hplbiking

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
Maybe I'm late to this party, so forgive me if I've missed this somewhere else, but here's a tip: On a whim, when getting out of my MME after parking it in a store parking lot, I decided to see if it could do what only one other car I've owned could do: My 2017 Chevy Bolt would let you pre-emptively tell the vehicle to lock if you tap on the lock button on the drivers door while you're getting out. Then once you closed the drivers door the whole car locked. I was so happy to discover today that the MME also does this! It's my favorite way to lock the vehicle. See attached pic...just turn off the car, and while you're getting out, tap on the lock button on the inside driver door. Once you've exited and closed all doors the car will lock (and side view mirrors close if you use that).
Here's why this is my favorite lock method:
1) I don't need to press anything on the key fob
2) I dont need to press or wave on the lock symbol above the door button to try to get it to load
3) I don't have to have auto-lock on walkaway turned on. (I dont like this feature cuz when enabled, it also does this when I'm home parked in the garage, which is super annoying). I wish the MME had a setting where you could have it auto lock when you're away from home, but not when in the garage/connected to home WiFi. If it did I'd use this.

So for any fellow weirdos like me out there who meet the above criteria, there's your locking solution!

20210225_111146.jpg
this is true of pretty much every car!

OP
OP
Jako607

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
Nice. Fellow weirdo here. ? Good to know and thanks for posting, especially about #3. I was wondering how I would deal with that feature. Agree with the second part of that as well, be nice for like a "geo-fence" type feature that you could enable so it knows when you are home. Or when your home wifi was detected as you've said.

So if your doors are unlocked, does that affect/prevent you from remote starting (pre-conditioning) the car, say for example in the morning before commute? My Hyundai Santa Fe requires the doors to be locked before the remote start command will work successfully. Be nice if it just did that as part of the remote start request if the doors weren't already locked.
I haven't tried to remote start at all yet cuz it's 70 everyday where I am sorry ?

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Just saw the zip code! Haha, Red stitching AND awesome weather most of the year? Talk about jealousy. You probably won't even ever care to pre-cool the cabin later in the summer :cool:

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
Does this actually work for you? I tried it on mine after setting up my code and it didn't work. ITs worked on every other Ford vehicle I have but can't seem to get it to work on this one.
Yup it worked for me!

Frank Katz

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Prius 2016 Crosstrek
Occupation
Ret'd
Country flag
If you simultaneously press the bottom 2 keypad buttons on the door pillar that's another option for locking too. Plus that works if you want to leave a key in the car and still lock it (e.g. going for a run, hike, etc.).
This allows me to use the walk-away lock in the supermarket parking lot and get the beep confirmation but press 7-8 and 9-10 simultaneously in the garage so it doesn't blast me out.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Delayed locking is what GM calls the feature you're describing. I always liked it, too.
The difference is that there is a several second delay after the last door is closed before the vehicle locks. Useful if you have passengers, or realize you forgot something and need to open a door.
On the MME I see no issue with walk away lock. If you run out to the garage without fob/phone just use the keypad on the B pillar to get in.
YMMV
Sponsored