Lucy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
RN
Country flag
My brakes have always been very "touchy". I barely touch the pedal and the car will jerk forward. Of course, I hardly use the break so it never bothered me much but yesterday I had to stop quickly from a fast speed and the car actually skid with the tires making a skidding sound. Is this normal? When I took it to the dealer for the 10K and 20K check up, they said the breaks look good but I'm sure they are just looking at the pad. I'm bringing it in for the front camera not working which is giving me the " pre-collision assist not available" notification, so of course that stops the blue cruise from working also. I am going to mention it to them but would just like to know what I am talking about before doing that.
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
If you were about to crash into another car and you hit the pedal quickly, it will engage emergency brake assist, which is what I think happened to you. It boosts the brake pressure to decrease stopping distance. The tires and brakes may make strange noises during application, this is normal. The system is saving you from a collision. Here's how it works:

The reason this system exists is because most people don't brake hard enough on their own to prevent collisions because they are afraid of squealing the tires. It is better to squeal tires than to crash into somebody.

OP
OP
Lucy H

Lucy H

First Name
Lucy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
RN
Country flag
If you were about to crash into another car and you hit the pedal quickly, it will engage emergency brake assist, which is what I think happened to you. It boosts the brake pressure to decrease stopping distance. The tires and brakes may make strange noises during application, this is normal. The system is saving you from a collision. Here's how it works:

The reason this system exists is because most people don't brake hard enough on their own to prevent collisions because they are afraid of squealing the tires. It is better to squeal tires than to crash into somebody.
Thanks for the video but that is not it. That has kicked in before so I know how it feels but it is not working right now, either, do to the front camera not working.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
My brakes have always been very "touchy". I barely touch the pedal and the car will jerk forward. Of course, I hardly use the break so it never bothered me much but yesterday I had to stop quickly from a fast speed and the car actually skid with the tires making a skidding sound. Is this normal? When I took it to the dealer for the 10K and 20K check up, they said the breaks look good but I'm sure they are just looking at the pad. I'm bringing it in for the front camera not working which is giving me the " pre-collision assist not available" notification, so of course that stops the blue cruise from working also. I am going to mention it to them but would just like to know what I am talking about before doing that.
Thanks in advance!
Hi there, Lucy! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info, and I’ll look into this brake concern. Thanks!
Sponsored