Paul H

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
I haven't seen an answer yet to the question of can you turn the whole alarm system off? Never had a car alarm and don't want one. It sounds like if I'm outside and want to get something out of the car I have to go inside and get the fob. We live out in the woods and never lock the cars, so if you turn off walk away lock and leave the car unlocked I assume the alarm will not be armed. Is that right?
Sponsored

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I haven't seen an answer yet to the question of can you turn the whole alarm system off? Never had a car alarm and don't want one. It sounds like if I'm outside and want to get something out of the car I have to go inside and get the fob. We live out in the woods and never lock the cars, so if you turn off walk away lock and leave the car unlocked I assume the alarm will not be armed. Is that right?
You just have to make sure you turn off the indoor sensors when it asks after you exit the car and yes you'll be fine.

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
Since it doesn't seem like this has been fully answered I'll speak to my experience of 2 different Mustang Coupes with this same system.
Perimeter sensors: only detect if doors, trunk or hood is opened. Does not detect tampering, pulling the handle or touching.
Motion sensors: ultrasonic sensors that detect motion inside of the vehicle. This will detect if someone reaches in to the car, whether you left the window open or they broke the window. It doesn't specifically have glass break sensors but as soon as something or someone reaches inside the vehicle the car will go off. As others have noted, disabling this is important if you are locking any living things in the vehicle which may move.
Inclination sensor: When the vehicle is locked the car notes the inclination of the vehicle, basically the amount it varies from level. If that changes in any way, the alarm will sound. It's important to disable this if the vehicle is towed or on a ferry or trailered.

Personally I don't mind being asked every time since I generally want everything active so I don't need to do anything. But the few times I want to disable the extra sensors it's right there ready for me. Also if leaving the car for a long time, the Motion sensors seem to take a lot of battery so if the car will be parked and locked for a couple weeks or more, you'll probably want to disable those.

Holy Driver

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Does any Select owner have the “Alarm settings” in their settings menu? I have an RWD SR EU-version(almost same as USA Select).

i mis the “Alarm settings” options in my settings menu.
i‘ve also tried the following :
1. unlock car
2. lower the windows
3. Lock the car
4. walk away
5. let someone else try to grap an item from within the car through the open windows
alarm = NOT turning on

test 2:
1. unlock car
2. lower the windows
3. Lock the car
4. walk away
5. let someone else try open the door through the open windows
alarm = turning on

looks like I dont have any Interior Sensors and the settings for it. Curious what Select drivers in the USA have.
I have exact the same "problem".
RWD SR basic edition (no extras) and I haven't the alarm settings in the menu.
I don't know if my car has an alarm system or not.

Also I got my car on thursday and it's still in transport mode in rs-analytics site, but everything else is working in the car. I dunno

JBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD SR
Country flag
I believe we figured out that the RWD EU version has NO interior sensors. Not sure about the select USA version though. Insurance wise the lack of interior sensors makes it difficult to insure them as most insurers require level 3 and level 3 needs to have interior sensors.

"Glad" Ford made it no where clear that the RWD and AWD have a different system and just mention all features on all manuals and internet but no where a remark the RWD has a lesser system.

Holy Driver

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Nowhere is an information what for an alarm system is in what car equipment.
In the manual is no note for example "depending on equipment".

I am finde when my car has the system alarm without interior sensors.
I will test it like makooy did it.

thirdage2009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rx450h
Country flag
If Ford is reding this, the question, "turn off motion sensor, yes no?" is confusing. Much better to ask, "turn on motion sensor, yes no?" PLUS, leave the prompt up on the screen for longer and don't erase it when someone opens a door. Thanks.

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
Sadly no, no answer so far. I did pull fuse 20 in the BCM box and that has the effect of using the normal driving horn instead of the (now disabled) anti-theft horn.
Sponsored