Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I'm assuming The MME has some sort of built-in anti-theft/GPS tracking/phone home if stolen protection.

What is it and can the average 14 year old defeat it in the message center.... just turn it off?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Carsinmyblood

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I'm aiming to have one in every color.

3/8" hex on the plate screws, boys. Philips cam out too fast.

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Somehow I doubt pure EVs are high on theft lists. Unless your average car thief has bothered to install an EVSE in their sub terranean hideout.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Somehow I doubt pure EVs are high on theft lists. Unless your average car thief has bothered to install an EVSE in their sub terranean hideout.
That's an interesting question. With the chip shortage and battery shortage, would it be worth it to steal one of these beauties for parts? doubtful but an interesting question. Most of the cars that my customers have had stolen have been older model, generic looking vehicles. I don't think the MachE fits that description ;)

OP
OP
Carsinmyblood

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I can see an emerging stolen battery market.
I'm calling it 'The Dark Battery". (TM)

Catchy, huh?

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
That's an interesting question. With the chip shortage and battery shortage, would it be worth it to steal one of these beauties for parts? doubtful but an interesting question. Most of the cars that my customers have had stolen have been older model, generic looking vehicles. I don't think the MachE fits that description ;)
ANd then what? Sell the chips back to Ford so they can build more Mach-Es?

Will they eventually have an aftermarket of cheap grey parts for EVs one day? Maybe.

Until then, any thief won't look twice at a Mach-e in a parking lot and go straight for teh f-150 or Honda Cr-v.

OP
OP
Carsinmyblood

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
In my best Stone Philips....

"We set out to investigate the change occurring in vehicle theft. Vehicles stolen not for their airbags or body parts, but for usable battery cells.

Our decoy vehicle is a 2020 Mustang Mach E left on the side of the road in a part of Chicago known as a gathering spot for MIT drop-outs".....

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I'm assuming The MME has some sort of built-in anti-theft/GPS tracking/phone home if stolen protection.

What is it and can the average 14 year old defeat it in the message center.... just turn it off?
It isn't easily defeated. There is a setting to turn off the interior sensors which is useful for occasions where one occupant sits and waits in the car for the other passenger to shop or take care of an errand.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Pickups get stolen in Hawaii, mostly later models, though not extremely new models. My 15 year old Tacoma is probably safe.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

In 2022 models they are including The Club Mach-E Edition.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag

If your 14 year old figures out how to turn off the alarm, please send him to my house. ;)

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
I think you can pull fuse 20 (anti-theft alarm horn) and disable the horn. Just from the manual. I might try it soon as I've been looking for a way to turn off the damn thing as I'm not super worried about theft but I am super worried about how often it goes off when PaaK fails and wakes up my neighbors (twice, so far, and twice in other situations).