Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
So I’ve noticed on Facebook that someone said his 5ft tall wife was too short to drive. Her feet could barely reach the pedals and they couldn’t touch the ground...

Im concerned as my wife is 5ft too. We’ve had a similar problem in an Audi we once owned, but not an issue in our current CX-5.

I would be great to hear, first hand, from anyone else who is 5ft or has a 5ft partner, and what the experience is like. I worry about her driving the CX5 as it is, since she has to set the seat so far forward that the steering wheel is dangerously close to her body. My worry is that with the long hood of the MME she won’t have any visibility if she has to set the seat low enough to reach the pedals, and won’t be able to reach if it’s set high enough to see.

Unfortunately we (UK) are unable to test drive any vehicles, can’t even sit in one at the dealership either, so hoping someone on here can help put our minds at ease... please ??
Sponsored

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am 5’3“ tall. Very short legs. No problem Driving the Mach e. Seat not all the way forward.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
My wife is 5ft and she didn't have any issues driving it--although she's only driven it once.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Check out @jillchinillo on TikTok and Twitter. I remember her talking about how short is she while sitting behind the wheel.

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
My five-foot tall wife test drove the MME last week and her major concern was whether she could see out. She said it was fine and we put in our order. However, she did have concerns about seeing the display in the center--she felt like she was forward enough that she didn't have a good angle for viewing. I suspect we'll do another test drive in the coming months to specifically check that out more.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
My five-foot tall wife test drove the MME last week and her major concern was whether she could see out. She said it was fine and we put in our order. However, she did have concerns about seeing the display in the center--she felt like she was forward enough that she didn't have a good angle for viewing. I suspect we'll do another test drive in the coming months to specifically check that out more.
Thanks for this info. I’ve mentioned it to my 5 footer and if touchscreen visibility is the only problem, she says she is fine with that since I do 99.9% of the driving. Phew ?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Thanks for this info. I’ve mentioned it to my 5 footer and if touchscreen visibility is the only problem, she says she is fine with that since I do 99.9% of the driving. Phew ?
My wife is 5'2" and luckily I haven't got that problem. She just won't drive it. She hasn't driven my current car in the 4 years since I bought it. That is why she has her own car ;)

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
My wife is 5'2" and luckily I haven't got that problem. She just won't drive it. She hasn't driven my current car in the 4 years since I bought it. That is why she has her own car ;)
Getting a second car would be a total waste for us, as it would sit in the driveway for about 353 days a year.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
So I’ve noticed on Facebook that someone said his 5ft tall wife was too short to drive. Her feet could barely reach the pedals and they couldn’t touch the ground...

Im concerned as my wife is 5ft too. We’ve had a similar problem in an Audi we once owned, but not an issue in our current CX-5.

I would be great to hear, first hand, from anyone else who is 5ft or has a 5ft partner, and what the experience is like. I worry about her driving the CX5 as it is, since she has to set the seat so far forward that the steering wheel is dangerously close to her body. My worry is that with the long hood of the MME she won’t have any visibility if she has to set the seat low enough to reach the pedals, and won’t be able to reach if it’s set high enough to see.

Unfortunately we (UK) are unable to test drive any vehicles, can’t even sit in one at the dealership either, so hoping someone on here can help put our minds at ease... please ??
Nope she can drive it. My wife is around 5 foot 2 and and was fine.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any 5ft tall MME drivers out there? 1614160529311

Ford Mustang Mach-E Any 5ft tall MME drivers out there? 1614160645435

Ford Mustang Mach-E Any 5ft tall MME drivers out there? 1614160664857