Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Grabber Blue First Editio
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I don't know about Apple users but as an Android user in at my wits end with my phone working as a key. I've been to the dealer twice for updates, works for a little bit but I'm afraid to show anyone my car for fear the doors won't open or worse car shows"no key detected"

Things I can't figure out:
* Audio sound settings for my profile revert back to reset every time car car starts with my profile
* No key detected while I'm driving out when it let's me in the car
* Sometimes recognizes me as I walk up to car, most times not
* Can't use hands free tailgate because wait for it, phone not recognized!

I shouldn't have to open my phone every time I'm near the car to see if the app is open. I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have to accept carrying a brick for a key fob cuz at least that's consistent
Sponsored

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Apple user and I have to say my experience is getting better. It was always good but is improving.
Only had no key recognized once and a restart of the car fixed it.
Car lights up as I approach more often now than in the past, even with phone in my pocket
I just need FP open in the back ground now and car recognizes me, no need to have it open and on home screen.

Sorry for your bad experience, hope it gets solved for you

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
I'm not sure if it's luck, the device I'm using, or what, but PaaK has been flawless for me since I picked up my mannequin at the end of July.

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
Are you calling all of us dummies? :p
...no comment...

I guess mannequin is what Ford calls their new dealer/loaner cars now, or something. The sales guy explained it to me, but it just sounded like they were just trying to gussy up the language.

secretvampire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Dark Matter Gray MME GT
Country flag
...no comment...

I guess mannequin is what Ford calls their new dealer/loaner cars now, or something. The sales guy explained it to me, but it just sounded like they were just trying to gussy up the language.
Ah, interesting...I've never heard that term in the auto world, but learn something new every day.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
No key detected while I'm driving out when it let's me in the car
If your fob is close to your driveway it could be picking it up as you drive by and then alert no key. I know I had that happen at least once with mine. Or at least lets say I'm assuming that is what happened.

PAAK works "fairly" well for me on my iPhone. It does drive me nuts though with the "oh hi I see you" and I open the lift gate and close it then go to get in, "Oh who da'fux are you, you can't come in!?!" Punch in my door code, and guess what, car starts without issue when I push the button. I get that type of stuff ALL the time, mostly not letting me in but starting, although I have had a few times where it let me in and would not start.

Brian707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mustang Mach E Premium AWD EXT
Country flag
I think it has a lot to do with your phone as anything. Mine works much better. It did crap out this morning after about 10 days. I rebooted my phone and it started working again. Besides worse case, I use the door code/start code. My regular fob is collecting dust

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
(Edit: Oops! Just noticed the topic said Android users.)

I’ve had my Mach-E since April, and only had the fob with me on the way home from the dealership. I’ve used PAAK ever since. Sometimes it’s slow, but has never stranded me or caused me to be angry at it. I’m using it on an iPhone 12 Max.

I can’t count how many times I’ve jumped into my Expedition and can’t figure out why it won’t start - then realize I left its key fob in the house. ?‍♂

Hope it gets resolved soon for everyone.

Last edited:

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
I’m not sure why Ford didn’t utilize Apple Car Key and Android Car Key instead of trying to rely on their app being active.
I have a feeling a lot of the issues is with power saving features of the phones we use and an app that may not be programmed in a way to minimize the disconnect.
Using a built in feature would be much more reliable. I know the apple car key would also allow all the control features of the app as well.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I only enabled PAAK because ford doesn't give two fobs. I wanted to be able to create a backup start code. You can't do that without enabling PAAK. I did a dry run to make sure the code works but never use PAAK. The caveat, IF you delete PAAK you lose the ability to use the created startup code.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The caveat, IF you delete PAAK you lose the ability to use the created startup code.
The car comes with a factory code, which I've been told, you can reset to whatever code you want. That code is written to the cars memory so it will always work.

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I don't know about Apple users but as an Android user in at my wits end with my phone working as a key. I've been to the dealer twice for updates, works for a little bit but I'm afraid to show anyone my car for fear the doors won't open or worse car shows"no key detected"

Things I can't figure out:
* Audio sound settings for my profile revert back to reset every time car car starts with my profile
* No key detected while I'm driving out when it let's me in the car
* Sometimes recognizes me as I walk up to car, most times not
* Can't use hands free tailgate because wait for it, phone not recognized!

I shouldn't have to open my phone every time I'm near the car to see if the app is open. I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have to accept carrying a brick for a key fob cuz at least that's consistent
For the first issue, what I've saw personally is when I remote start the car, it switches back to the Guest profile in the car. If you manually go pick your personal profile, the settings get restored.

For the last 3 issues, there should be a update available at the dealer for this. I'm not sure which technical bulletin that would be exactly but other members have mentioned that. I'm suspecting one of the following:

Various Phone as a Key Concerns
2021 Mustang Mach-E - Alarm Activates When Unlocked Door Opened - Driver Door Does Not Unlock/Open - Door Activation Switch Not Lighting UP
2021 Mustang Mach-E - Phone As A Key Concerns Of Bluetooth Disconnected, Unable To Start, Backup Code Needed And/Or Key Not Detected

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
I've been down every road. Only thing left is to leave it at the dealership. Unfortunately, no open appointments till early October.

It's not just android, my wife's iPhone doesn't work either. Never has connected with either phone. They're "at a loss" as to why.
Sponsored