Any chance of a metal replacement (mod) for the volume knob?

OP
OP

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Yeah, I agree. The full cover looks a little too plump and not very OEM. I wasn't expecting this.

The partial cover looks more OEM. Even though I'm not a fan of the piano black interior ring, it still does match a couple of other MME interior details.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I also agree the partial cover looks more OEM. I have covered several of the gloss black areas in the car with AOSK trims like the lower part of the steering wheel and around the front part of the console. There are still areas where the gloss black is shown and the partial cover kind of matches these areas. It will also match the gear shift dial if AOSK makes one of those as the center part of the dial is gloss black where the PRND is.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Ok, we tested some 3d samples, I am gonna need some final opinion here before we actually make it, full cover version(two above image) or half cover version(bottom two image)

@awp0 @markboris
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any chance of a metal replacement (mod) for the volume knob? IMG_2415 (1).JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Any chance of a metal replacement (mod) for the volume knob? IMG_2415 (1).JPG
Is this just covers going over the factory dial? Looks really nice and I'd agree the bottom 2 images are better. I'd certainly take a set in the same satin black.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Ok, we tested some 3d samples, I am gonna need some final opinion here before we actually make it, full cover version(two above image) or half cover version(bottom two image)

@awp0 @markboris

Love them and agree the half size looks better, but I would prefer matching the OEM color with a better quality material.

OP
OP

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I gotta say, that bottom photo looks amazing. I really hope you decide to manufacture these. In my opinion it looks (and I bet it feels) much better than stock. Thanks for all your work on this so far!!

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Half version looks promising. Sorry if I missed something but I have few questions
1. What material you planning to use?
2. It is something like cover or replacement part?
3. Itā€™s possible to develop other variants of pattern? Current version for me looks like can lead or something very rough. It will be fine for bronco or other tough cars. I mean can be pattern more luxurious? As an example I very like the lighting switch pattern. Or like the second picture of my KIA shifter.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any chance of a metal replacement (mod) for the volume knob? D94F49D4-3799-48F4-859F-E46F1A42C844
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any chance of a metal replacement (mod) for the volume knob? EAEF9943-5E68-45C7-A17E-6640087DB995

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Wouldn't the shifter cover work with other current Ford models (ICE and Hybrids)?

And the volume knob, isn't that in the Lightning too? And is that in any ICE or hybrid Fords?

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Wouldn't the shifter cover work with other current Ford models (ICE and Hybrids)?

And the volume knob, isn't that in the Lightning too? And is that in any ICE or hybrid Fords?
the gear shift knob shall. but for the lcd screen knob, unfortunately, seems like there is nth.
and on the other hand, we want to design one according to owner's demand

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Half version looks promising. Sorry if I missed something but I have few questions
1. What material you planning to use?
2. It is something like cover or replacement part?
3. Itā€™s possible to develop other variants of pattern? Current version for me looks like can lead or something very rough. It will be fine for bronco or other tough cars. I mean can be pattern more luxurious? As an example I very like the lighting switch pattern. Or like the second picture of my KIA shifter.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any chance of a metal replacement (mod) for the volume knob? EAEF9943-5E68-45C7-A17E-6640087DB995
1. if we are end up making one, we will use aluminum, if no, I will share the 3d file with owners to print one. (calculating cost and if its gonna break even)
2. its a direct cover, its easier for owners to install them
3. its kinda similar to the one thats currently on the Mach E isn't it?

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag

@awp0 @markboris
IMG_2406 (1).JPG

IMG_2410 (1).JPG
IMG_2421 (1).JPG
IMG_2415 (1).JPG
Wow. Quick turnaround, @AOSK !
Iā€™d say the half cover. Better for fat fingers to still be able to hit the power button in the middle.

A thoughtā€¦
Are either of these parts shared with the Lightning? I donā€™t remember what style gear selector it has, but I seem to remember seeing a similar or same volume knob though.
Might be another available market for thisā€¦