Any chance of a metal replacement (mod) for the volume knob?

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
Half version looks promising. Sorry if I missed something but I have few questions
1. What material you planning to use?
2. It is something like cover or replacement part?
3. It’s possible to develop other variants of pattern? Current version for me looks like can lead or something very rough. It will be fine for bronco or other tough cars. I mean can be pattern more luxurious? As an example I very like the lighting switch pattern. Or like the second picture of my KIA shifter.
D94F49D4-3799-48F4-859F-E46F1A42C844.jpeg
EAEF9943-5E68-45C7-A17E-6640087DB995.jpeg
@AOSK
There’s another piece to the kit!
1. Volume Knob
2. Gear Selector
3. Light switch knob

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wouldn't the shifter cover work with other current Ford models (ICE and Hybrids)?
No it will not fit all Ford gear shifter knobs. As I stated in this post #26 the knob in the ICE Mustang is larger than the one in the Mach-E. I was able to use the gear shifter cover designed for the ICE Mustang in the Mach-E but had to line the perimeter of the knob with two way tape to take up the space and keep the knob centered without wobbling. If a specific Mach-E knob is designed, it will not work on an ICE Mustang. I don't know about other Ford cars but I have driven an Expedition and the gear shift knob seems to be the same size as the ICE Mustang (larger).

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
3. its kinda similar to the one thats currently on the Mach E isn't it?
I'd be interested in a volume/shifter combo, too, however as someone mentioned here I think the current test version is too "beefy" looking. Looks like it belongs on a Bronco. The Mach E should have smaller grooves/like a more knurled texture.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'd be interested in a volume/shifter combo, too, however as someone mentioned here I think the current test version is too "beefy" looking. Looks like it belongs on a Bronco. The Mach E should have smaller grooves/like a more knurled texture.
While I agree that the knob cover on the Mach-E would benefit from a more knurled texture, the design prototype that AOSK is showing is from the Ford GT Supercar. This is also the same design we chose for the knob cover on the 2020-2022 GT500's. #4

Ford Mustang Mach-E Any chance of a metal replacement (mod) for the volume knob? IMG_2659

Last edited:

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Well now I have to watch this thread.. Kit sounds good.

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
While I agree that the knob cover on the Mach-E would benefit from a more knurled texture, the design prototype that AOSK is showing is from the Ford GT Supercar. This is also the same design we chose for the knob cover on the 2020-2022 GT500's. #4

IMG_2659.jpeg
I didn’t followed this thread from the beginning☺. Thanks for clarification,

Good example what texture I would prefer to have on volume and shifter knob in my MME. Now I have questions to the Ford design team 🤔

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Any chance of a metal replacement (mod) for the volume knob? IMG_2659
It seems like the Ford GT version has twice the amount of ribs/knurling than what AOSK posted.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Yay. More AOSK stuff to paint liMe green and install. HIT ME.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I will try to design one. but I am not sure if we are going to make one. since we usually make at least 1000 pieces for these small items, I will see if these are demanded
Someone needs to get to a Lightning and a Maverick with a set of calipers.

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
@AOSK here are the three knobs/dials for the complete Mach-E 3-piece kit. I understand that you’ve quickly iterated the volume and gear. The light switch could make a matching consistent look for all dials in the cockpit.
Volume:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any chance of a metal replacement (mod) for the volume knob? C6C91103-863A-4BD7-B6CA-48F629CB1CE1

Gear:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any chance of a metal replacement (mod) for the volume knob? 749EDA28-BD09-41EF-A3A3-A2119219C861

Lights:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any chance of a metal replacement (mod) for the volume knob? A75BD559-5FF6-4A39-9F54-51B60BD177F5

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I am definitely down for a set.

@AOSK being awesome as usual. I love all my other stuff from y’all.
Sponsored