Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Coming out of a Performance Pack manual Mustang, I didn't expect the Mach-E to be more tiring to drive, but it is, having to steady myself as I bounce this Mustang-shaped beach ball down the road.
You guys are starting to make me change my mind on my order. Ride comfort is high up on my priority list. Perhaps I need to think again about that Lincoln Aviator hybrid I liked so much.
Sponsored

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
This is a fun thread. Premium SR RWD here. I’ll echo some of the comments here- there are hiccups like the coil whine in the screen, PAAK glitches, recirculating air likes to shut off, and how Sync 4a and FordPass are pretty lousy, but none of that translates to one iota of regret and to some extent I expect some of that to get better. Where it counts, it’s a fabulous vehicle- fast, fun, rides well and the family loves it. Also no regrets going with the SR since I am averaging 3.5mi/kWh even with a big proportion of freeway driving, which would translate to 238mi for a full charge.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
You guys are starting to make me change my mind on my order. Ride comfort is high up on my priority list. Perhaps I need to think again about that Lincoln Aviator hybrid I liked so much.
I have no buyer's remorse with this car. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. In fact, I'm glad I didn't do Options and opted for the straight-up financing. I'm going to keep this car as long as I can. Now if only Ford can figure out the 256V home charging issue that's pervasive with Chicagoland owners.

It rides very nicely on Chicago-area roads. When I picked mine up in Michigan, the only road I hated driving on was Interstate 69. The car felt like it was pretty bouncy, almost nauseating, but I felt the same thing in the rental Chrysler Pacifica I drove to the dealership in. I think @SteelMach is a victim of really crappy Michigan roads, and I feel for him. @Jimmy2, there are enough cancellations out there now that you can go in and test drive before changing your mind on your order. My recommendation, however, is not to say you have one on order. The dealer I canceled my original order with refuses to sell to people that have them on order, and they are leery about giving them test drives. They told me as much.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I would say the only thing that comes close to a regret is that I find the ride to be quite bouncy to the point that I was getting nauseous the first few days of driving my Mach-E. Not just bouncy like hitting potholes, but it is pretty much like the car rocks from front to back as you drive along the expressway. It is almost a rocking horse kind of motion. I have worked to adjust what I can and am curious to try adding weight in either end of the vehicle to see if things balance out a bit. I will admit though that I love everything about this car other than that so much that I am almost happy to look past it. I'm hoping to figure something out on the bounciness though.
Check your tire pressure. Mine was high, rides better now, not like a Bucking Bronco any more.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
A bit, honestly.

The jiggly ride is the biggest one, followed by the light steering and slippery tires, but there have been some glitches with SYNC, and the buzziness of the speedometer screen are also detracting from my enjoyment.

I'm still enjoying it, just absolutely not 100% enjoyment, until I can remedy the ride, and Ford can remedy the screen buzzes, and the SYNC and FordPass issues.

There's a part of me that wishes I'd had a chance to drive the car first. I probably would have passed until the GT was available, or waited to assess other vehicles like the ID.4.
I would be infinitely irritated if mine had the screen buzz, but thankfully it is completely quiet. I do find the jiggly ride unpleasant, but I do NOT feel it on smooth roads, only on rough ones. I also wish the front dash didn't rattle when hitting bumps. I love the zippy ride and the overall handling.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Check your tire pressure. Mine was high, rides better now, not like a Bucking Bronco any more.
That, unfortunately, did not solve my bouncy ride.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I can hear and feel the floor flex underneath my feet over bumps as the car bounces over bumps. I hear thumps all over the car. The thing is bouncing, and it's making the car flex it's bouncing so hard.

After 600 miles of experimentation, it's 30-50 MPH that is completely unacceptable. I can't stand driving this thing around town, I really can't. At neighborhood speeds, it's fine, at 75+ it's fine. At "normal" speeds, it's nearly nauseating.
@SteelMach Have you set tire pressure yet to spec? Improved mine, much less bounce now.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
The bouncy ride doesn't sound good! Sorry to hear that it isn't up to your expectations.

RobFitzgerald167

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Grabber Blue
Country flag
Unless I am misunderstanding - there is a lift gate button under "access" on the touch screen you can use to open it without needing your phone.
I didn't realize it was out there, but I guess I could change my annoyance to the amount of drilling needed to get to the various functionalities on the screen, the primary tiles are fine, nav, radio, carplay, but some of the other functions need the visibility... Climate functions are a little clumsy to operate while driving.

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I love to own a MME Premium AWD ER . . But Ford dealers in my area suck either in sales or service. And, service i'm more concerned about. Even with my concerns I will likely order a '22 model when some of the kinks and flaws get ironed out. . . I'm too old to take on a guinea pig role.
FE AWD here. No regrets, in fact the opposite.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I have my cold tire pressure down at 37-38 and, it may have helped a little with the jostling that tends to happen when I hit potholes, but it definitely doesn't seem to have any significant bearing on the rocking front/back that I experience, most noticeably on the expressway.

Addos

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach E AWD
Country flag
I think the dash electronics noise can be reduced if you mess with the dash brightness buttons on the left side near the headlights.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Take it for a test drive, and if you're really sensitive, try the different combinations - different wheel combinations may help too.
Thanks, I really need to do a test drive. I'm not that sensitive but reading the "bouncy" reviews makes it sound like a pogo stick. Dealer here still doesn't have a tester. What are your thoughts on wheel combinations? Wider tires? 235s?

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
But yeah, was driving at 70 mph last night, HVAC on, CarPlay streaming a podcast, could hear the screen buzzing over all that.
Wow, that would drive me nuts if you could still hear that buzz at 70 with CarPlay on.
When you say "buzzing" the thought in my mind is like that old time AM radio buzz when you would accelerate; Hope that is not the case.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I have no regrets at all over the FE GB, just in love with the color, my heart flutters whenever I look at her.

My minor annoyance is the lack of the liftgate button inside the car. Do a lot of curbside pickups and I miss just pushing the button to open and close the back. Use fob/paak, but that's my only beef with the car.

The only other possible regret is that I underestimated the reduction in open space for my 2 golden retrievers. I sat in the back seat during the Mach-E tour last fall, and didn't think there would be an issue of transporting the dogs around, but my IRL experiences in the month I've had the car make it a tighter fit than I expected. That's all on me.... But I'm comfortable behind the wheel, so all is good.
Regarding a liftgate button, I know you probably mean a hard button, like most other Fords have by the headlamp switch. But there is a "button" on the touchscreen under the Access menu ..... took me a while to find it
Sponsored