TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I haven't hit any really rough roads yet but I'll be looking out for sure to see if I experience the same harshness. For me it's smooth/controlled as it bounces if that makes sense? Like when I'm bouncing along it still feels composed and comfortable, just more trampoline like than I'm used to. It hasn't made me nauseous or anything but it did surprise me when goi g over some of the bumps with the springiness. My tires are at 39 psi cold so I might let them lose some psi on their own and see what that feels like.
That's just it, it doesn't even have to be a very rough road. Although here in CO, most of the roads are in subpar shape. (Lots of freeze-thaw cycles, and poor road funding).

But it's very subjective, usually measured against what you're already used to. I'm coming from our Escape Titanium, which is a better-than-average vehicle but it's by no means a luxury car. Just a solid crossover. The Mach-E ride is noticeably poorer (rougher) than it, yet twice the price. Not so much that we can't stand it, but enough that it's noticeably rougher. I just expected a car twice the price would have a smoother ride, not rougher.

But we're getting used to it, and as I said, lower PSI makes the tires not as hard as rocks. Corners like a dream though, and the quiet ride makes the roughness a bit less noticeable. And it's like a whole different ride when you get over 60 MPH or so. Smooths out a lot.
Sponsored

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Some describe the bouncy problem, while others describe the rough problem. Seems like those would be the opposite as you say, but strangely, I find both.

When going over a road that is already a little bouncy (like one poured in repeating concrete sections that heave a little), the Mach-E seems to really exaggerate the frequency of those "waves" and bounce. That's a little annoying, but rare for me.

The one I have the far bigger disappointment in is how it transfers rough roads into a rough ride. I really feel the bumps and jarring and pot holes way more than I expected. I did lower the cold tire PSI to 36, which has helped that some.
I was thinking of getting a set of 18" wheels (that clear the brake calipers) and a thicker sidewall tire, which would help with both range and ride comfort. Might aid you as well.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I thought this would have been a nice option for the premiums, possibly with a different wheel design than the route 1.

I was thinking of getting a set of 18" wheels (that clear the brake calipers) and a thicker sidewall tire, which would help with both range and ride comfort. Might aid you as well.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
My biggest regret is changing my build to Red, wife insisted we get Red. As my car is set to be built the first week of April and I got impatient and bought a buyer refused delivery car. Now I face the prospect of 2 Red cars when I really wanted a Grey one. Never intended to buy two, was wanting a Bronco and MachE but now 2 Mustangs seems to be the way to go.
don't worry

if I've learned anything at all from being on this forum for substantially over a year, it's this:

every color on the Mach-E looks grey in the right light.

Kjhannon

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
My only disappointment so far is the battery range. I’m supposed to get 270 miles with the extended battery but I can’t seem to get more than 210.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My only disappointment so far is the battery range. I’m supposed to get 270 miles with the extended battery but I can’t seem to get more than 210.
That'll improve in warmer months. Plus, if that's the range meter on the small screen, you can semi-ignore that one. It nearly always underestimates range (rumor is that might improve on the first OTA update).

Take the miles/kWh you're seeing on various segments of your Trip meters and multiply by 88 (or 68 if you have the smaller battery). That's your actual range for the same type of driving.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's not bad enough for me to spend a few $thousand on new wheels/tires. Plus I like the look of the Premium wheels.

But when it comes time to replace these tires in a handful of years, I may consider putting 235's on instead. I think I've heard that you can usually go up one level on tire width on the same rims without a problem. Does that sound right?

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
But when it comes time to replace these tires in a handful of years, I may consider putting 235's on instead. I think I've heard that you can usually go up one level on tire width on the same rims without a problem. Does that sound right?
You can put 235s on the 7 inch width rim. Just watch the load rating. I am most likely going to do the same. I recall we were just talking about this in another thread.... here - https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ison-by-alex-on-autos.4436/page-2#post-132331

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
We probably need a sticky on this topic. The range reported by the "guess-o-meter" is very conservative, particularly in cold weather. Cold weather does affect range, but not likely as much as the GOM says. It also depends on how warm you have the climate control set; I tend to keep mine around 65 as I drive with my coat on anyway. To get a better idea of your actual range, look at the mi/kwh reported in the trip meter after going for a drive of at least 10 miles. You can multiply that by 88 kwh to get a better handle on what your actual range would have been for the driving conditions. If the guess-o-meter was only showing about a 210 mile range, that comes out to 2.4 mi/kwh. You'll likely be able to get better than that, even in cold weather. My RWD is a little more efficient, but in the last month I've seen 3.7 mi/kwh in 70 degree weather and 3 mi/kwh in the low 30's during my commute which is a mix of highway and back roads.

lweisenthal

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
weisenthalcancer.com
Vehicles
MME Premium; RWD; std range; Chevy Volt 2.0
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I love to own a MME Premium AWD ER . . But Ford dealers in my area suck either in sales or service. And, service i'm more concerned about. Even with my concerns I will likely order a '22 model when some of the kinks and flaws get ironed out. . . I'm too old to take on a guinea pig role.
I drove off the dealer's lot on March 13 (3 days ago) with a MME Premium RWD standard range. Since then, I've put 285 miles on it, including random suburban driving and two 130 mile round trips on multiple freeways -- one of the 130 mile trips being in a torrential downpour with high winds on a congested 5 lane (one direction) freeway, with heavy mixed car and heavy truck traffic.

Absolutely wonderful car. Exceeded what had been high expectations. I've already provided several detailed reviews on this forum. Totally thrilled with it. Well worth the wait and various hoops through which I needed to jump.

- Larry Weisenthal/Huntington Beach CA

lweisenthal

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
weisenthalcancer.com
Vehicles
MME Premium; RWD; std range; Chevy Volt 2.0
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
it takes a steady foot to avoid the fore-aft motion.... turn off 1-pedal.... use the L button when you want to utilize regen braking.
THIS!! Drive in "Low." It's the perfect medium between free wheeling and dominatrix one pedal. You get 90% of the regenerative benefit, while smoothing out the ride and being able to more precisely modulate your braking. The other thing I recommend is to use the Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control mode for both highway and city driving. The car's computer is much better at smoothing out the ride than is the average mortal human. This will also improve mile per KWH efficiency.

- Larry Weisenthal/Huntington Beach

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
THIS!! Drive in "Low." It's the perfect medium between free wheeling and dominatrix one pedal. You get 90% of the regenerative benefit, while smoothing out the ride and being able to more precisely modulate your braking. The other thing I recommend is to use the Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control mode for both highway and city driving. The car's computer is much better at smoothing out the ride than is the average mortal human. This will also improve mile per KWH efficiency.

- Larry Weisenthal/Huntington Beach
I don't care for the Intelligent Cruise Control. That's the one that goes by the speed limit. When the speed limit drops, the car slows too fast for my tastes. Also tends to slow too fast for the drivers around and (more specifically) behind me. Almost to the point of being hazardous.

But Adaptive Cruise Control is pretty good. That's the one that you set the speed for (like normal CC) but also slows down if getting too close to the car in front of you. And resumes speed when you change lanes to get around them.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Ugh, day 2, figured I would start polishing and cleaning some of the light scratches off the vehicle before doing the protection. I think every time I look at it I find another issue. Starting with the top, thought that would be pretty simple since it's really just the antenna area, after an hour trying to remove scratches and abrasions I guess I will give up. The hazy area you see is not a reflection, managed to remove most of the right side issues, and this is slightly better than when I started, but this looks permanent, not really even sure what this is, unless under the clear coat since it disappears at a certain angle.

Don't regret buying an MME, just regret this particular one at this point. Just had to vent, not looking forward to what I will find on the more visible areas. Just shouldn't have to deal with this on a $60k car.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Any early adopters with buyer remorse? IMG_6170

I don't think the issues like the PAAK & software, buzzing screen and windshield/roof noise have me feeling remorseful (early adopter syndrome)- look forward to them being corrected so that could change, but I am a little ticked off about the scratches I found today as I started to clean up the car in beginning prep for protective treatments. The two more obvious "bruises" were removed by the dealership at delivery, but with a more extended exam done I've been finding more "issues." I'm sure it's all related to the long transport, delay in KC etc. There were quite a bit of stains in the interior from what appeared to be brown mud (thinking road sand)- thankfully most of those came out of the stitching on the seats. I believe my disappointment with this is really all related to the price of the car which is considerably more than my last new vehicle purchase (or any other for that matter), but even after 3 years the older van's paint job has less issues than what I have found on my preliminary exam today with the "3-day old" MME. Just a shame really since, while not perfect, it truly is an impressive car to look at, and mostly fun to drive. No doubt those receiving the cars without the long delays and QC checks will have better results where appearance is concerned. I think many of the issues I've found would have been avoided if they covered the black kick/trim panels and front/back of the cars more fully. I'm sure their experience has shown it isn't necessary, except for the occasional long delayed, loaded/unloaded vehicle like mine. I would agree with some that it drives a little more like a truck than I would have liked, but it still seems more solid than the main competitor, and I had tempered my expectations that it was not a luxury car. Anyway, I'm sure i'm just disappointed with these minor defects and with a little touch-up, protective treatments, etc I'll feel better about it. Nothing's perfect right, it's just a (cool sexy) car, don't obsess over the little things... maybe I just need to get it out on the road and drive (need that PPF first.)

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
I don't care for the Intelligent Cruise Control. That's the one that goes by the speed limit. When the speed limit drops, the car slows too fast for my tastes. Also tends to slow too fast for the drivers around and (more specifically) behind me. Almost to the point of being hazardous.

But Adaptive Cruise Control is pretty good. That's the one that you set the speed for (like normal CC) but also slows down if getting too close to the car in front of you. And resumes speed when you change lanes to get around them.
Suggest maybe trying “eco” mode for intelligent/adaptive cruise. It decelerates (maybe?) and accelerates less dramatically.
Sponsored