Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It is as though the car rocks from front to back as I drive over bumps in the road and it becomes like a constant rocking sensation while driving along the highway. I do love the car a lot, but there is room for an improved level of driving comfort in my experience.
Yeah, it isn't the smoothest ride out there, but it's my fourth mustang so I have no qualms whatsoever about the ride. It rides smoother than any of my previous three, but I also turned off the 1 pedal drive after a few weeks and find the ride better as a conventional 2 pedal experience. For your "bounciness" you might need to adjust your speed a little faster or slower to avoid the harmonics of the seams in the highway.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I got what I wanted, which was a larger EV with reasonable range that could easily transport 4 grown adults and plenty of cargo space (front and back). I have had the car for about 18 days and have over 1900 miles so I am clearly finding the vehicle more useful for my needs compared to my previous BEV.

I regret getting the First Edition. A base Premium would have been just as good for me and $10,800 less.

It also really bothers me that I only get one fob and that one doesnt have remote start. Something that I use frequently. It also bothers me that I can't manage my car's settings remotely via a website but have to suffer with an app that is constantly refreshing to the point where it is practically useless and drains my cell battery by lunchtime.

For $60k.....I expected more, which I only have myself to blame because I signed on the dotted line. Nobody forced me to buy this car....it was my choice so I will own it and make the best of it. For $49k......I think I would be much more satisfied with the trade-offs I made getting this car vs my previous BEV.

If I had to do it again... .still would buy a MME.....just a different spec. It would be Premium RWD with standard range battery. That version would make me happier I believe.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
MME GB FE is my first experience with 346 hp in a car (other than aircraft, first NAVY trainer was 550 shaft hp). I really like the way the AWD MME does not burn rubber, but just bites into the pavement and darts off. It is probably just traction control or similar, but I like it, a lot. Plus no detectable torque steer, I hated that in Bolt.

Last edited:

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
No regrets for me with the car whatsoever. In hindsight if I'd known so many people were going to cancel orders I wouldn't have reserved one and just kept an eye out for cancellations, which is how I got my car a couple months earlier than my 9/23 reservation. Now my original dealer is giving me the run around about my deposit, so it's looking like I'll just lose the $500 ?, but I'm not giving up yet, not by a long shot lol. VW on the other hand credited me the deposit I put on an ID4 First Edition within 24 hours, and it was all done through the main VW website.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Now my original dealer is giving me the run around about my deposit, so it's looking like I'll just lose the $500 ?, but I'm not giving up yet, not by a long shot lol. VW on the other hand credited me the deposit I put on an ID4 First Edition within 24 hours, and it was all done through the main VW website.
If you did not sign anything saying the deposit was nonrefundable and the dealer continues to be recalcitrant, you might look into having your credit card company reverse the charge. Can't hurt to try.

OP
OP

JimmyL

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Accord EXLN Hybrid
Occupation
Retired / Relaxing to the max.
Country flag
A bit, honestly.

The jiggly ride is the biggest one, followed by the light steering and slippery tires, but there have been some glitches with SYNC, and the buzziness of the speedometer screen are also detracting from my enjoyment.

I'm still enjoying it, just absolutely not 100% enjoyment, until I can remedy the ride, and Ford can remedy the screen buzzes, and the SYNC and FordPass issues.

There's a part of me that wishes I'd had a chance to drive the car first. I probably would have passed until the GT was available, or waited to assess other vehicles like the ID.4.
Not many here mentioned a jiggly ride. It kind of explains why some feel motion sickness during a drive. I will be taking a test drive soon. Not sure what to expect on Florida's roads.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Zero regrets. I have a few little frustrations but overall my grabber blue FE is a joy to drive and it sure turns heads.

The issues:
- side mirrors donā€™t auto-fold
- lift gate sensor is inconsistent
- some software settings (interior motion sensor - off) refuse to be retained
- pony puddle lamps continue to be a mystery as to when theyā€™ll come on
- PAAK half-baked at best
- Ford Plug & Charge didnā€™t work for me
- driver screen buzz

Iā€™ll be taking the car in for service for the first two issues. The next four will likely be ironed out with software updates. I doubt the screen buzz will ever be fixed but I canā€™t even hear it unless Iā€™m in park with no other ambient noise.

So none of this really affects my day-to-day enjoyment of the car. Iā€™m absolutely glad to be driving Sonic now as opposed to waiting 6mos for some of this to be fixed.

Oh and I have no regrets going with the FE. I already wanted the extended range AWD, and I really love the grabber blue color, matching interior stitching, and red brake calipers. The thing looks AMAZING. I basically paid about 5% more for that stuff and Id do it again.

Last edited:

rplinpa

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
No regrets, but I agree with the frustration. My dealer is clueless.

I feel like if I want answer to things I either forget about it or turn to this forum for answers. I don't know if it is the dealer or Ford to blame here, but I suspect some of each.

The dealer didn't bother to bone up on all the new technology and Ford didn't follow up to make sure the Dealer was up to speed. Worse for me is I am not a tech guy and the screen is not intuitive to me.

I can not figure out, for instance, how to turn on the radio when my phone seems to be connected. I push the Mustang icon in the upper left and see no setting for the radio. I push my photo in the upper middle and see no radio. I'm like, seriously, this $60K toy doesn't have an easy way to turn on the radio? That is one of a million questions I have my dealer would be useless for.

But, I love the car and am glad I got the FE. If I hadn't done that, however, and knew what I know now about dealer ignorance, I would have waited for the 2022.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
No regrets, but I agree with the frustration. My dealer is clueless.

I feel like if I want answer to things I either forget about it or turn to this forum for answers. I don't know if it is the dealer or Ford to blame here, but I suspect some of each.

The dealer didn't bother to bone up on all the new technology and Ford didn't follow up to make sure the Dealer was up to speed. Worse for me is I am not a tech guy and the screen is not intuitive to me.

I can not figure out, for instance, how to turn on the radio when my phone seems to be connected. I push the Mustang icon in the upper left and see no setting for the radio. I push my photo in the upper middle and see no radio. I'm like, seriously, this $60K toy doesn't have an easy way to turn on the radio? That is one of a million questions I have my dealer would be useless for.

But, I love the car and am glad I got the FE. If I hadn't done that, however, and knew what I know now about dealer ignorance, I would have waited for the 2022.
Try touching the center of the volume knob. That should turn on the radio.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
None yet. Weā€™ve been nothing but super impressed. Havenā€™t had any issues except PAAK being a little slow to recognize. Certainly no deal breaker. So impressed weā€™re doubling down and buying one for me too.
I've had similar experiences with PAAK. It does always function in the end. But it is sometimes slow to recognize and behaves erratically at times

Reactions: ARK

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
No. Iā€™m loving the car, as painful as the wait and delays were. As a matter of fact Iā€™m starting to regret not purchasing outright (I went Ford Options). Though now it will be easier to go GT in three years (though financially stupid). ?

Iā€˜ve had zero issues with my car,
I could also see myself jumping to the GT, after my Ford Options balloon comes due in three years ....... Cyber Orange = hubba hubba

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
More in terms of where the market is heading. Could be totally wrong but in five to ten years the car works well be starting to look different. Maybe a bit optimistic. At least with the mach-e in going to have fun in the meantime.
Sponsored