Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I drove an FE today for the first time and I was impressed. It was everything I expected it to be except that I was unprepared for regenerative braking even with "one-pedal" off. Just takes some getting used to. But fit, finish, comfort were all as expected. It'll probably take me a week to set up the profile exactly as I want it though. So many options! Now do I want to spend $3k more for the FE or wait until June for my build? Dilemma!
Sponsored

Ken Josing

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wow what an adventure, took delivery on Feb 19, 2021. Walked into the dealership and drove a Premium with extended range RWD home, Infinite Blue w/Gray interior. I did my homework on all EV’s and this vehicle is nothing but outstanding. I do not have any complaints, except, I am 76 and this Horse is smarter than me. The last vehicles we purchased, two, were in 2002.

Getting used to the electronics is a challenge. I observed a video, and it showed the washer cleaning the front camera. Have not been able to make that work yet.

We have driven this beauty 500 miles and incredibly happy. It has been in whisper mode the entire time. We have solar and phrase 2 in the garage. I have played with the numbers using Excel/FordPass and getting on average 3.42 miles per kWh. My favorite challenge is one peddle driving. The intelligent cruise control is cool too.

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
How real is this bounce? My first test drive was with a SR AWD and thought the drive was very nice. Went to another dealer who had the ER AWD and noticed the most nauseating bounce with all types of driving.
I'm noticing it less often now, so I may have adjusted my driving style to compensate. As others have suggested, it may be a harmonic imbalance between road leveling and vehicle suspension... So you can possibly adjust speed up or down to dampen.

Overall the ride is smoother and far quieter than it was in the Fiesta, especially over bumps of any kind. The Fiesta ride was sportier in a straight line... Mach-E is sportier while cornering, if that makes any sense... It's just this rolling wave issue that happens sometimes when travelling at a fixed speed, which is frustrating.

I have the Premium with standard range and rear wheel drive.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
Absolutely zero regrets. After imagining it in my garage the past 15 months, it's so exciting to see it really there. Coming from a Fusion Energi with Platinum Trim, and Audi A4 before that. This is a really special car.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
It's just this rolling wave issue that happens sometimes when travelling at a fixed speed, which is frustrating.

I have the Premium with standard range and rear wheel drive.
I have a Premium AWD extended range on order, so mine will be heavier, but who knows if that makes the "rolling wave" at a constant speed better, worst or the same. I'll try to stay focused on test ride (hopefully soon here in Eastern NC) to see how bad it is. Rolling wave makes me think of being on a float in the ocean.

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What did the Y lack ?
For me it was to spartan, fit and finish were not great and I love the look of the Mach-E so much better. Also the Y was a very, very firm ride, much firmer than I expected. The Mach-E is much better for me in that regard. I also like having real buttons to adjust a number of things and having cross-traffic alert is nice too. Clearly there are items Ford needs to work on that Tesla has down cold but I think they will get there. There are things I miss from the Y, but overall I just like the Mach-E better.

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You guys are starting to make me change my mind on my order. Ride comfort is high up on my priority list. Perhaps I need to think again about that Lincoln Aviator hybrid I liked so much.
I would recommend test driving one before you make a final decision. I find the ride comfort to be great, much better than the Tesla Model Y. I guess it all depends on what your personal preference is when it comes to comfort and handling.

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks, I really need to do a test drive. I'm not that sensitive but reading the "bouncy" reviews makes it sound like a pogo stick. Dealer here still doesn't have a tester. What are your thoughts on wheel combinations? Wider tires? 235s?
I am thinking there is not enough room for a wider tire as the suspense parts will be in the way. Just my guess from eyeballing it.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
I have no regrets. As an early adopter, I accepted that there would be glitches. So far, my glitch is common to a lot of fellow forum members -- the PAAK and some charger station issues. Disappointing because Ford promos made it seem so seamless, but definitely not a deal breaker.

I am loving Duce. That's my RR FE.

Edit: I also noticed that they sound quality from the Android Auto phone call was muffled and someone low volume. Other than that, Auto works wireless with only a few delays at start up.

ToddH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E RWD X Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got my Premium LR RWD Star White on March 3. I've added 474 miles to the odometer, all pleasure driving. Literally. The suspension is a bit stiff for my taste but the car handles well on narrow mountain roads and over the last two days I've driven it about 100 miles on those roads. I love the one pedal driving, adaptive cruise and lane centering. The lane centering can be a little balky when on city streets but is great on the highway.

PAAK is not a problem for me even though it's a bit balky. I don't use the key fob. I let my wife have it on the rare occasion when she drives the car. If I'm having trouble with PAAK, I use my code on the driver's side pillar to enter the car and enter the password on the center screen to start it. Both are easy for me to remember and not something someone else is likely to guess.

I've had trouble with the android auto but I think that when I first set up PAAK, I got a message on it and dismissed it. I think I need to unpair my phone and set up PAAK again to get android auto. Not willing to do that right now. I don't see the need for android auto anyway.

My dealer in Morgan Hill, CA has been great. They don't always have the answers but they are really trying. I appreciated that there were no games when it came to buying. I think they want to have people come back. And I did. My first car from them was a Ford Fusion Energi Titanium. The MME is an upgrade.

I will be taking my first big trip in about a week. We'll be driving from San Jose, CA to Gilbert, AZ and back. Gotta visit the grandkids. My grandson is really a big fan of BEVs and his sister isn't far behind in enthusiasm. I told them that I named the car Snow White (after the Disney character and not the drug!). My granddaughter is thrilled and my grandson is very disappointed. I trust that plug and charge will work.

I don't have wind noise or whirring behind either of the displays, just from my tinitus. I'd be thrilled if Ford could fix the tinitus! :)

Do I have any buyer's regret? Not one. I love the car. But...

By 2025 when my Options expires, there should be cars with better batteries. A lot better. I imagine the tech will be a little more user friendly and the choice of BEVs will make it hard to decide amongst many different competitors for a much better car. A friend bought the same car with a different color. We met at breakfast with other friends and both of us announced we had bought a MME. Surprise! We both used Options. He told me that his dealer told him that they believed that most people would want to upgrade to the new BEVs in 2025 which is why Ford offered the Options program. I guess it was to get a lot of people to buy the Mustang and sold on BEVs. Future buyers ... yet helping Ford get a big boost now.

Looking forward to the OTAs and upgrading to the hands free highway driving.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Now do I want to spend $3k more for the FE or wait until June for my build? Dilemma!
Two different issues here. You don’t need to buy a First Edition to buy one now. There are also cancelled-order Premium Ext AWDs to be found for around $3600 less.

The First Ed doesn’t get you a whole lot over the Premium Ext AWD except that the FE or GT is the only way to get grabber blue paint. If you don’t want grabber blue, I’d never pay 3,600 more for the other little cosmetic flourishes like red brake calipers and contrast stitching.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Re the ride bounciness, that only occurs in limited situations. The MME has a very cushy suspension. In some instances, a road with enough undulations can really get the MME bouncing. I think others have referred to that as harmonic feedback. But this quite rare in my personal experience. The car has had an extremely comfortable ride for me.

Re the screen buzz, that also exists, but it is really only bothersome for a few posters on this forum. For most, they can’t hear it once you start driving, put the radio on, or really introduce any other ambient noise. It isn’t very loud.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
We have driven this beauty 500 miles and incredibly happy. It has been in whisper mode the entire time. We have solar and phrase 2 in the garage.
I'd love to hear more about your solar set up. I have the level two charging outlet in the garage, but no solar and no MMe yet.
Sponsored