Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Absolutely zero regrets. Fantastic vehicle that is only going to get better. So we'll put together and the Fit and Finish is spectacular. Really impressed with how tight this car feels and learning more about it every day.
Sponsored

frank.herbst

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, , Subaru Imprez
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Congratulations to you all that are enjoying your Mach E. I'm trying to wait a while, not because of first model concerns, but last year I bought a Shelby. Don't flame me, it's for track days, I drive a subaru.

mbia

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive40i & Mach E FE Carbonized Gray
Country flag
For as long as we all waited and the very high level of anticipation I had personally (along with some occasional second thoughts before delivery), I am very happy with my decision and have no regrets. Also, I've been very fortunate and have had no issues with my Mach-E.

buddha34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium XR AWD
Country flag
New to the Forum, 4 days into my MME extended AWD RAPID RED. Coming from a BMW X2.

4 days in, no regrets whatsoever. Best car I have ever owned.

Wasn't intending to pick it up this early, but someone abandoned an order that was exactly what I was looking for, and got a surprisingly good deal from the local dealer.

I was set on an EV, I tested the Tesla model 3 and Y, and the Volvo XC40 Recharge. The model 3 was too small for my kids in the back seat.

What turned me off of the Teslas was the total lack of tactile interaction with the vehicle.

Drive-wise, the MME, IMHO, was far and away the best. Particularly on Unbridled, off the line and on the twisties here in Portland, OR, just a way better drive than either the Y or the XC40. Feels faster, rides better.

Re: carsickness - I made myself carsick in each of the above cars with 1-pedal driving on, including the MME. This is a thing, and nearly 30 years of driving a traditional accelerator and brake takes a little unlearning. 3 days in I had gotten used to the feel of "easing off" the pedal and ignoring the brake, and the carsickness is gone.

Absolutely no roof wind or instrument panel buzz that I am hearing. The road noise isn't too bad, quieter than my X2.

My ~40 mile commute this week, in 40 degree temps, has been basically break even so far charging overnight on 110v. Haven't done any longer trips or tried a charging station.

The SYNC system is taking some getting used to. The BMW infotainment system was a bit easier to navigate and simpler. SYNC seems powerful but somewhat needlessly complex. It is still way better than Tesla's, and the Volvo one on the XC40 recharge is awful. I started out using Apple Carplay (I am a Waze addict), the resolution is strangely blown up to the giant screen; since I figured out the native SYNC Waze app is there, that at least looks better on the screen. I miss being able to easily scroll through SiriusXM stations to see what is playing on each station without changing the channel (is there a way to do this?). Oddly, the shift knob feels and turns almost exactly like the BMW infotainment controller and is in exactly the same spot - I keep catching myself trying to spin it while I'm at speed.

The coolest thing is definitely the lack of tailpipe. Its a big change, so many years of being (subconsciously) aware of my gas level, eying stations and having my eyes snap down to the fuel level - wasn't really aware I was doing it until I started driving the MME and each time it happens a nice little satisfying rush of relief. And we're all saving the planet, one electric mile at a time!

Again, absolutely no regrets, I love the car.

slambertr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
I am 3 weeks in with my Premium ER AWD Rapid Red. Zero regrets - I love this car. I am lucky - I've had none of the issues reported here (so far...) - except the roof wind noise over 40mph and I do think the ride is a little harsh for my tastes on bumpy roads. That aside - the car is beautiful. I love the Rapid Red and get lots of compliments. It really is two different colors in sun /shade. It is fast - I came from a Taurus SHO and this is just as fast (faster on acceleration). I'm learning Sync4 and trying to decide if I like Sync or Apple CarPlay. Both work well. This is my first BEV and I'm also learning not to obsess over the range number on the instrument panel (and as others have said here - its likely underestimating my true range). One pedal driving? Way cool! Fit & finish for an "early adopter" are excellent. My biggest complaint? I'm still working from home 4 days a week so I don't get to drive it enough!
All in all - zero regrets and I applaud Ford for a fantastic success.

BradCA

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Lexus CT200h
Country flag
Just over a month and 1500 miles in and I have absolutely no regrets buying my first Ford vehicle sight unseen. In my opinion despite the issues that have popped up for many (Screen/Wind Noise, PAAK issues, Etc) Ford delivered exactly what was promised and its a phenomenal car that was absolutely worth the wait.

My early concerns were the technology end and Ford's ability to update and keep the car current. Based on my experience with Fordpass, PAAK and really anything tech related, they have a lot to learn and improve on. My dealer was nothing short of incredible, but the Fordpass and marketing teams have been completely clueless on how to fix the various issues I've had which has been overwhelmingly frustrating. It seems Ford trained literally no one on handling Mach-E connected services issues which is ridiculous.

Bottom line which I tell people who ask is if you take the car and drive it as is with no tech it's exceptional. Looks great, drives great and just works as I hoped....
For me it was to spartan, fit and finish were not great and I love the look of the Mach-E so much better. Also the Y was a very, very firm ride, much firmer than I expected. The Mach-E is much better for me in that regard. I also like having real buttons to adjust a number of things and having cross-traffic alert is nice too. Clearly there are items Ford needs to work on that Tesla has down cold but I think they will get there. There are things I miss from the Y, but overall I just like the Mach-E better.
I was looking at the Model Y as well. For me, it was also too spartan. No buttons. Everything is handled through the giant display. This would be OK if the Tesla had a robust set of voice commands, but it doesnā€™t. You canā€™t even control the radio with voice commands on the Tesla. And thereā€™s no Apple CarPlay. No SiriusXM. The car does not come with the a fob. You have to pay extra if you want one.

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
Almost two months of ownership and 2000+ miles--No regrets at all! (but some of the issues raised on the forum had me concerned). I've experienced none of them. My Rapid Red ER AWD has been a joy to drive!

BradCA

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I guess Iā€™ll be the odd one out...

I regret it. Itā€™s a nice car, I enjoy driving it, Iā€™m not doing anything to try to reverse my purchase, and will likely drive the car for the warranty at a minimum (itā€™s a great car for all the reasons you can find on this forum, but I wonā€™t repeat them). However, I wouldnā€™t do it again if I could somehow go back with the same knowledge. I think my mind could be changed if a majority of the following issues were fixed. Many can be fixed, so Iā€™d love it if this forum knows some troubleshooting I can do for those which are fixable. But ultimately itā€™s the unfixable/unchangeable items that have me leaning to the side of regret plus I really wish I wasnā€™t having to do this amount of troubleshooting on a $60k car.

I canā€™t find a way to open the trunk from the driver seat. The only ways I know of are the fob or the button at the trunk. I guess thereā€™s the kicking gimmick, but Iā€™m 0/2 on my attempts and itā€™s faster to just push the button at that point. I hope Iā€™m just a dummy on this point.

Sync voice commands almost never work (1/20 at this point). This is made even worse since you canā€™t type in a destination while the car is moving. Canā€™t stand the nanny-state when more often than not I have a passenger who could type it in for me. Wouldnā€™t be a problem if...

CarPlay worked more than 1/10 times. Iā€™ve tried removing the phone multiple times and reconnecting for CarPlay. Iā€™ve tried using a cable. Nothing works. Itā€™s even more mind boggling because sometimes it will auto play music from my phone while not showing it on the screen and saying a phone isnā€™t connected (then why is music playing from my phone?!).

CarPlay causes significant delays (tested as a 4 second delay) on phone calls which Iā€™ve never experienced in tens of cars with CarPlay, both wired and wireless (seems to be fixed once I disabled paak).

Reverse camera is very laggy. Really strange because the front cameras are not.

Phone as a key is terrible. Doesnā€™t work 90% of the time. Makes the phone burn up and lose a ton of battery while driving. Canā€™t create a password to drive the car without PAAK? (I hope Iā€™m wrong on this one) Would be nice to have as a backup since they only give you ONE fob. (This paragraph could be 3 separate issue bullet points!)

Instrument panel has a loud electrical noise. Itā€™s loud enough to be heard over soft music at highway speed. Terrible for podcasts since they arenā€™t constant noise. Even worse for trying to enjoy a blissfully quiet car.

Canā€™t turn off overhead blue lights. Super annoying driving at night.

Rear view mirror dimming doesnā€™t dim a substantial amount on the rims (quarter inch). Completely defeats the purpose. This plus the blue lights you canā€™t turn off make driving at night quite unpleasant.

The puddle lights are a complete mystery, no idea what gets them to turn on.

The seats...

I will miss not having A/C seats.
The seats not tilting is a silly thing to leave out. This is exasperated by the seat bucket being 1.5ā€ shorter (measured from back to knees) than previous mustangs, which will cause the front of your thighs to not touch the seat if youā€™re too close to the pedals. Unfortunately the wheel doesnā€™t telescope enough to make up for this (I really donā€™t have long legs by any stretch).

No shade for the sunroof.

Charge schedule has options for weekday and weekend, but it doesnā€™t allow you to change charge percentage for different days (would prefer to schedule Friday night charge to be 100% for the weekend trips). It looks like itā€™s supposed to be able to allow this but it wonā€™t save weekends separate from weekdays.

Sunglasses holder is too small for my sunglasses (might just be a me thing).

*I have a newer iPhone that is fully updated so I donā€™t think all the phone connectivity issues are my phone, plus I have none of these issues in other cars.
Take this to your dealer. I donā€™t have any of the issues with CarPlay, the reverse camera, sink for, or the noise from the instrument panel.

there is a way to turn off the blue lights and a way to open the liftgate from inside the vehicle. Your dealer can show you how.

BradCA

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Take this to your dealer. I donā€™t have any of the issues with CarPlay, the reverse camera, sink for, or the noise from the instrument panel.

there is a way to turn off the blue lights and a way to open the liftgate from inside the vehicle. Your dealer can show you how.
Sync 4, not sink for.

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Itā€™s very reassuring to read these posts. The majority of you have no regrets, and are affirming my decision to order the MME. Iā€™ve had my concerns, and have been torn whether I should jump ship, and find another EV. Barring further delays from chip shortages, Iā€™m anxiously waiting delivery in the next 2-3 months.

THANK YOU!!

lweisenthal

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
weisenthalcancer.com
Vehicles
MME Premium; RWD; std range; Chevy Volt 2.0
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
68 KWH, RWD, Premium. Infinity blue. 1435 miles. Brilliant car. No regrets. No problems. Had high expectations, which have been exceeded. Apple Car play and Waze work just fine. Co-pilot 360 v 2.0 is brilliant. Rated range is 230 miles. Iā€™m routinely getting 250 mile range, setting adaptive cruise at 66 MPH; driving in ā€œlowā€ (which both I and wife prefer to one pedal). Note photo: carā€™s computer forecast range of 195 miles at 80% charge, which calculates out to projected range of 244 miles. This is based on a conservative projection, based on my past driving experience. This documents accuracy of my range claim. Foot activation of lift gate works flawlessly (to address a prior complaint). I initially couldnā€™t get it to work right; my wife looked it up in the owners manual and taught me proper technique. Only problems I ever had were from not reading manual and just doing the man thing of not bothering with directions.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any early adopters with buyer remorse? C5758DEB-B21E-4422-8980-3F773AF7B526
Sponsored