Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I know that Ford has ActiveX material on at least some 2020 models, and possibly previous years as well. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with it? In particular, I am curious if it is hot in the summer or cold in the winter?
Sponsored

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I know that Ford has ActiveX material on at least some 2020 models, and possibly previous years as well. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with it? In particular, I am curious if it is hot in the summer or cold in the winter?
I have only driven about 100miles so far.... I was also unfamiliar with ActiveX, and there were no demos to look at or sit in when I ordered, and no choice anyway. I didn't even think to check other models that used ActiveX, I just ordered regardless...

that being said, ActiveX is my least favorite thing about the MME... it is cold when its cold, and clammy when its hot (compared to good 'ol cloth/fabric). In my case, exacerbated by the fact that I did NOT get seat heaters in the Select; I just couldn't stomach the $2600 'comfort package' to get seat heaters.

so..... I may be shopping for performance seats anyway as I prefer more side bolster and a firmer seat. I also wouldn't mind dropping the (excessive) weight of a fully motorized/adjustable seat in favor of nice fixed buckets for the front.

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
I've got it in my 2020 Explorer and had it on my 2019 Expedition. It's pretty much just like the leather I've had in every other car I've ever had with leather, and much, much better than the vinyl I had on less cars when I was younger (so cold!, and ouch!, that burns!).

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
In my short travels with my MME, I'd say I can't really feel the difference between this material and the real leather in my Explorer.
Sponsored