Any new or updated photos of the Dark Matter Gray?

EpicMachE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME, FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
Definitely dark. Your lighter gray options are gone though. CG and silver are discontinued.
Yes I know I am very bummed. DMG looks great but I really loved the way the black detailing stood out on the CG and Silver. Shocked they removed them. I actually may cancel my order if I can find a CG out there with the options I want. I am only finding Selects and not many Premium models ...Such a downer ...
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Yes I know I am very bummed. DMG looks great but I really loved the way the black detailing stood out on the CG and Silver. Shocked they removed them. I actually may cancel my order if I can find a CG out there with the options I want. I am only finding Selects and not many Premium models ...Such a downer ...
If color is that important, have you considered a vinyl wrap or plastidip? Any color you like and neither is permanent.

EpicMachE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME, FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
If color is that important, have you considered a vinyl wrap or plastidip? Any color you like and neither is permanent.
I would consider wrap I have thought about it but I have found a few 2021 CG Select with Comfort or Tech packages at pretty good prices. Going to drop my deposit tomorrow AM once I decide which package I rather have. Think I will go with the Comfort package and get the 19inch rims and the black roof. I can cancel my 2022 order and I can pick it up this week. So excited looks amazing in CG!!! Ty

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I ordered Dark Matter Gray as well. I'm a little concerned that it will be so dark that it looks like black. I don't want a black car. If it's too dark, I'm going to wish I had ordered silver. I have a silver car right now though and didn't want to repeat. I really liked the Carbonized Gray, but it's not an option anymore.
That is exactly why I wanted DMG and I'm glad I got it over Carbonized Gray (which I had on order before it was discontinued). On the flip side, I REALLY like the sharp contrast of the light colors with the black accents (Cyber Orange, Whites, etc). It's a tough choice that shouldn't disappoint either way. :)

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A shot at night with lights on it:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any new or updated photos of the Dark Matter Gray? IMG_20210916_194139

With an overcast:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any new or updated photos of the Dark Matter Gray? IMG_20210911_175103

Two DMGs and a Carbonized Gray.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any new or updated photos of the Dark Matter Gray? FB_IMG_1633303929899

Definitely dark depending on lighting. Love the metallic sparkle as you walk up to it.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any new or updated photos of the Dark Matter Gray? FB_IMG_1633303663460

Carbonized Gray and DMG
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any new or updated photos of the Dark Matter Gray? FB_IMG_1632097566790

Last edited:

jglor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Dark Matter Gray RWD Mach-E
Country flag
That is exactly why I wanted DMG and I'm glad I got it over Carbonized Gray (which I had on order before it was discontinued). On the flip side, I REALLY like the sharp contrast of the light colors with the black accents (Cyber Orange, Whites, etc). It's a tough choice that shouldn't disappoint either way. :)
After finally seeing a lot of pictures in different lights (still haven't seen one in person), I'm really starting to like it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be happy with the color.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also keep in mind the grill on the GT/GTPE is also DMG. Works well with the DMG car; adds more great contrast to the lighter vehicles.