Any OBD-II app that works yet?

unfaulted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
Attached is all the IDs which gave positive responses for anyone interested. These were from the nodes that responded to a broadcast while it was in accessory mode & charging which seemed like a good starting point. Then I found out I could download the AsBuilt file for the car from https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt and it looks like I missed about half of the nodes ?

Lots of the IDs just seem to be part numbers and other static info but some seem the same as Fusion/CMax. Battery SOC from BECM looked good so I got to see the regen at work on a short drive. Scaling seems off a bit still, I have it scaled so it matches that we left with 90% and returned with 87% on the dash
1PD On, Unbridled Mode, SR battery
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any OBD-II app that works yet? 1613962269173

Attachments

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Any updates on using Torque Pro. I don't have my MME yet, so my progress has stalled. I like the TorquePro setup/screen layout. I have an old small tablet that runs it and will fit under the main screen nicely.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
The latest Forscan on iOS seems to work, and the latest Windows release is definitely working

The holy grail here is to get some kind of dongle that can report specific PIDs up to a cloud service. There are Raspberry Pi based OBD-II dongles, if anyone has played with those. I might get into tinkering with those in the next few weeks

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
I'm waiting for the app called EVNotify to be compatible with the MME. That app can integrate with the A Better Route Planer so we can have the same battery info functionality as the internal GPS.

I know the internal maps works Ok, but having options to integrate the battery info with other map apps should be great too.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The OBDLink app on android works with the car. I can view the same data I can view in Forscan on windows on my phone. I have a feeling there are more PIDs that are available the app just doesn't know about yet.

They do have some PID packs you can purchase, but I haven't tried that.

OP
OP
Wildthing

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
For now I'm ok with Car Scanner with the CMax profile. I would like to see the current in kW instead of Amps.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any OBD-II app that works yet? Car Scanner

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Are there any additional settings that the obd-2 app can adjust?

My current car has a few (like settings the number of blinks for your turn signal for a lane change, or how long the lights stay on after you exit the car).

Clearly, the MME has a LOT of settings in the menus on screen. But maybe obd-2 will have more options.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for compiling the PID list. I imported it into a spreadsheet and had fun figuring out the module addresses and possible PIDs from various sources. It is going to be interesting trying some of these in torque pro and see if I can get real values. I also have forscan, so I can look at PIDs there as well.

One thing I noticed is there are BECM related values from modules 7E4 and 7E7. The Ford Fusion Hybrid info lists module 7E4 as having HV Battery Current, but it is module 7E7 on the Mach-E. I think one module address is for the BECM and the other is for the BECMB. If you used a configuration file for the Fusion Hybrid, you might not get HV battery current.

There are PID values for the hybrid setup that appear to be reused, likely for the motors. There appears to be Engine Coolant and Transmission Temperatures that are reused. There are Engine Load Percentage and Engine Speed PIDs reused.

HV Battery Voltage and Current also appear in Modules 6F5 and 7E2. I suspect one of them is the Off-Board Charger Control.

One PID I want to monitor is the Grill Shutter Duty Cycle Requested (Pid 0707) from the PCM (Module 7E0). This should give the position of the Grill Shutters.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I did a little testing with Torque Pro with the PID file I made and it looks promising. I need to fix some of the scaling and device IDs.

I got the WSM today and found a table showing the module addresses! A couple of my assumptions were wrong.
ABS 760
ACCM 7C7
ACM 727
APIM 7D0
BCM 726
BCMC or BJB 6F0
BECM 7E4
BECMB 723
CCM 764
CMR 7C1
DCDC 746
DCME 7A2
SCMF 762
DCMG 7B3
DCMH 7B4
DDM 740
DSM 744
DSP 783
GFM (FTRM) 7A1
GSM 732
GWM 716
HCM 734
HVAC 733
IPC 720
IPMA 706
OBCC 7D1
OCS 765
PACM 750
PCM 7E0
PDM 741
PSCM 730
RCM 737
RFA 731
RGTM 775
SCCM 724
SOBDM (BCCM) 7E2
SOBDMB 795
SOBDMC 7E6
SODCMC 6F2
SODCMD 6F3
SODL 7C4
SODR 7C6
TCU 754
VDM 721
WACM 725

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The temperatures look sane, but I need to figure out what they are really measuring. I don't know why the grill shutter briefly opened, but it is active. This is about a 4 minute period.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Any OBD-II app that works yet? 1620054236975

I also noticed some of the module addresses on the OBDII connector do not match the modules list from the WSM. I suspect the modules are on other buses and the Gateway Module is translating the module address.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Has anyone tried the Mach-E with Torque Pro app on Android or other equivalent with iOS with a Bluethooth OBD-II reader?

I wonder if it's already possible to read realtime data like battery temperature since it's not possible to see that important information (especially to optimise level 3 charging).

I don't know if the data read from those apps are standard or if the app editors must add the car to their database.

I have an external screen in my Kona to display many informations instead of using my phone. It would be a shame to not be able to see those information in such an high tech car.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any OBD-II app that works yet? 1620054236975

Here are other screens from my display. I know the guy who developped it, maybe he would be interested to developp for the Mach-E if he has enough interest.

https://evobd2.com/

Car Scanner seems to work pretty well, easy to configure, but there are only a handful of sensors with live data available for display

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I took a Ford Fusion Hybrid file for Torque Pro and started editing it for the MME. It appears the Hybrid Motor values are used for the Primary (Rear) motor. I assume the Generator values are used for the Secondary (Front) motor, but have no way to test it as I have a RWD. I would appreciate if someone with a AWD can try the file in Torque Pro and see if my assumptions are true.

It appears some PID values are present, but are not used like Transmission Temperature. The Gear Commanded and Current Gear Ratio do work. I got these values in the various gears:
Code:
GEAR GCM CLR
  P   70  70
  R   60  60
  N   50  50
  D   40  43
  L   20  43
There is still a lot of work to do.

Attachments

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I am making progress with a torque extended PIDs file for the Mach-E. The WSM has helped with what information is possibly available. I got the basic hybrid battery (voltage, current, SOC, temperature, energy to empty, etc) and motor (rpm, inverter voltage, toque, etc) working. They are basically the same as recent plug-in hybrids.

I am currently trying to figure out the charging related PIDs and have met with some success. It looks like Ford reused some of the same PIDS as the plug-in hybrid charger, but the addition of DC fast charging has added some interesting wrinkles. The Forscan program does not have anything for the OBCC and it appears the SOBDM PIDS are incomplete. Forscan appears to misread one of the Charger Status PIDs that may have changed to add DC charge status. When I use forscan while starting a charge, the charge status goes from not ready to ready to fault when there is no fault.

One BECM PID seems to have the battery charge states of not ready, charge wait, ready, charging, charge complete, and fault, while the OBCC PID may have DC charge states of not ready, initialization, charge ready, weld check, precharge, charging, and charge complete. I noticed the DC charge states went from not ready to initialization to charging when doing a level one charge.

I made up a spreadsheet with formulas to more easily create PIDs to try. I created one with most of the OBCC PIDs that I am going to test tomorrow.
Sponsored