Any OBD-II app that works yet?

unfaulted

Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
Attached is all the IDs which gave positive responses for anyone interested. These were from the nodes that responded to a broadcast while it was in accessory mode & charging which seemed like a good starting point. Then I found out I could download the AsBuilt file for the car from https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt and it looks like I missed about half of the nodes 😖

Lots of the IDs just seem to be part numbers and other static info but some seem the same as Fusion/CMax. Battery SOC from BECM looked good so I got to see the regen at work on a short drive. Scaling seems off a bit still, I have it scaled so it matches that we left with 90% and returned with 87% on the dash
1PD On, Unbridled Mode, SR battery
1613962269173.png

Advertisement

Attachments

ajmartineau

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Any updates on using Torque Pro. I don't have my MME yet, so my progress has stalled. I like the TorquePro setup/screen layout. I have an old small tablet that runs it and will fit under the main screen nicely.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
The latest Forscan on iOS seems to work, and the latest Windows release is definitely working

The holy grail here is to get some kind of dongle that can report specific PIDs up to a cloud service. There are Raspberry Pi based OBD-II dongles, if anyone has played with those. I might get into tinkering with those in the next few weeks

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
I'm waiting for the app called EVNotify to be compatible with the MME. That app can integrate with the A Better Route Planer so we can have the same battery info functionality as the internal GPS.

I know the internal maps works Ok, but having options to integrate the battery info with other map apps should be great too.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
The OBDLink app on android works with the car. I can view the same data I can view in Forscan on windows on my phone. I have a feeling there are more PIDs that are available the app just doesn't know about yet.

They do have some PID packs you can purchase, but I haven't tried that.

OP
Wildthing

Wildthing

Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
For now I'm ok with Car Scanner with the CMax profile. I would like to see the current in kW instead of Amps.
Car Scanner.jpg

Advertisement

Advertisement