Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I am making progress. The WSM is helpful as I found Ford reused the Generator PIDs in the Hybrid for the secondary (front) motor in the AWD. They mention it in the troubleshooting guides. There also seems to be several new PIDs for the charger. I tested out my latest torque pro file on a DC Fast Charger and got some interesting results. It seems like the car was requesting more current then the charger could deliver. I was at a 150kW Electify America charger. Some numbers could be off.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any OBD-II app that works yet? ChargeCurrents
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any OBD-II app that works yet? SOC
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any OBD-II app that works yet? ChargeTemps

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Still some more work to do on charging pids, but I got enough information to do a charging curve. I had to calculate the Battery Charger Power by multiplying the charger output voltage by the charger output current. So I can log via Torque Pro instead of writing the numbers down off the charger.

My car is a RWD ER and it seems like the 37 minute charge time from 18% to 80% beats Ford specs. The initial peak power is limited by the charger. This was on a 150kW EA charger. I want to try a 350kW one to see what happens when there is a higher initial peak. The charge drops to 11kW when the SOC reaches 80%.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any OBD-II app that works yet? DCFastCharge

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Still some more work to do on charging pids, but I got enough information to do a charging curve. I had to calculate the Battery Charger Power by multiplying the charger output voltage by the charger output current. So I can log via Torque Pro instead of writing the numbers down off the charger.

My car is a RWD ER and it seems like the 37 minute charge time from 18% to 80% beats Ford specs. The initial peak power is limited by the charger. This was on a 150kW EA charger. I want to try a 350kW one to see what happens when there is a higher initial peak. The charge drops to 11kW when the SOC reaches 80%.
DCFastCharge.png
Curious if you had an update. I have Torque pro on my Android and a Bluetooth ODB connector. Hoping to help collect data for A Better Route Planner. I don't know much about this stuff, but I am willing to at least test something if it helps.

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Keep in mind that you may want/need an OBDII adapter that is compatible with the proprietary Ford MS-CAN protocols. Certain of the OBDLink family of adapters, like the OBDLink MX+, are a good (if more expensive than generic) choice. {Jonathan}
I may end up going with the OBDLink MX+ as the choice I tried from Amazon wouldn't even connect to my iPhone.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
Keep in mind that you may want/need an OBDII adapter that is compatible with the proprietary Ford MS-CAN protocols. Certain of the OBDLink family of adapters, like the OBDLink MX+, are a good (if more expensive than generic) choice. {Jonathan}
This looks interesting. Has anyone used one that can comment on how effective it is?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I use the Viecar. Works fine with Android at least.
Need a spare? Haven't figured out how to connect with bluetooth on my iPhone 12Pro. Waited too long to return it to Amazon, too.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
I may end up going with the OBDLink MX+ as the choice I tried from Amazon wouldn't even connect to my iPhone.
I have one for my bmw I plan to use on my Mach e when I get it. But would be happy to test with someone else if anyone local wanted to try…

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I use the Viecar. Works fine with Android at least.
Viecar works for me too....
and CarScanner app; I have used it only to watch voltage, current, and capture accel 0-60 times.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Need a spare? Haven't figured out how to connect with bluetooth on my iPhone 12Pro. Waited too long to return it to Amazon, too.
I use Car Scanner Pro (blue icon) on my iPhone 12 Pro. You need to use the app to connect the BLE on Viecar. It does not connect as a regular Bluetooth.
I did some testing when cartoony from 60% to 80% on an EA. I had to use the same technique to multiply the current and battery voltage to get the power charging curve. The curve is very odd. But one thing I’ve noticed is that the state of charge increases at a constant speed. So I guess the Ford engineers adjusted the power charge to make the SOC goes up in a steady speed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Any OBD-II app that works yet? 1624153476909

Last edited:

vulpes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silver MME, 4ex
Country flag
Can you export your torquePro sensor list/PIDs? Particularly interested in requested power, batt soc, shutter position hv battery temp. None of the carscanner pro Ford profiles I tried have this info.

I am making progress. The WSM is helpful as I found Ford reused the Generator PIDs in the Hybrid for the secondary (front) motor in the AWD. They mention it in the troubleshooting guides. There also seems to be several new PIDs for the charger. I tested out my latest torque pro file on a DC Fast Charger and got some interesting results. It seems like the car was requesting more current then the charger could deliver. I was at a 150kW Electify America charger. Some numbers could be off.