Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
I'm intrigued by this and was thinking it would be fun to get a OBDLink MX+, but it's not totally clear what I would be able to monitor. I went through the list of PIDs and there are a lot more that apply to ICE vehicles.

One of the main things I miss in my Mach-E is more detailed efficiency information. The trip computers are not very accurate. I used to like seeing the instantaneous reading of kWh efficiency, plus the Mach-E apparently interpolates the kWh number so it jumps from 4.1 to 4.4, with nothing in between.

Does anybody know if this type of info is possible from one of these readers?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I'm intrigued by this and was thinking it would be fun to get a OBDLink MX+, but it's not totally clear what I would be able to monitor. I went through the list of PIDs and there are a lot more that apply to ICE vehicles.

One of the main things I miss in my Mach-E is more detailed efficiency information. The trip computers are not very accurate. I used to like seeing the instantaneous reading of kWh efficiency, plus the Mach-E apparently interpolates the kWh number so it jumps from 4.1 to 4.4, with nothing in between.

I have seen kW In/Out displayed from the BECM in real time. You will need a fast data rate so I recommend hard cable vs wireless.
mi/kWh can be derived by data logging
I use Forscan for both items listed above.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I use the same OBDLink MX+ on my Tesla and it works fine in transmitting the data from the CAN bus. It can handle and display the real time motor output/drain, consumption, etc. The app I'm using in Scan My Tesla.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
I have the OBDLink MX+ and it works great with Forscan both on my laptop and the iOS version with the Mach E
Same here - I splurged on the MX+ and Forscan Lite on my Android (Pixel 3a) and it seems to interface with the MME and my phone quite well.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have the OBDLink EX, and it has been awesome. Being wired it works so much more reliably than the bluetooth one I had before this did. And its faster too.

The wired unit was required for Forscan module flashing which is why I switched.
I use it with a USB A to USB C adapter that came with my phone with no issues.

Not all of the mobile Apps work with wired adapters unfortunately.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I have the OBDLink EX, and it has been awesome. Being wired it works so much more reliably than the bluetooth one I had before this did. And its faster too.

The wired unit was required for Forscan module flashing which is why I switched.
I use it with a USB A to USB C adapter that came with my phone with no issues.

Not all of the mobile Apps work with wired adapters unfortunately.
Have you flashed the BCM or APIM yet? I was thinking about adding side mirror tilt when in reverse but not sure it would be any benefit since the 360 camera view is so useful. ?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Have you flashed the BCM or APIM yet? I was thinking about adding side mirror tilt when in reverse but not sure it would be any benefit since the 360 camera view is so useful. ?
I tried to flash the APIM in my Edge, the version of Forscan I had at the time acted like it was flashing but it never did anything. it would write data, reboot the module but it would come back with the old version.

I believe this was around the same time they found some issues with module flashing.

If you mean just changing asbuilt codes, yes I've tried that, and so far of the very limited number of values that are known on the MME, none of them actually worked. A few were referencing how the camera was laid out on the screen, and changing those would change the screen but it would break the view.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I tried to flash the APIM in my Edge, the version of Forscan I had at the time acted like it was flashing but it never did anything. it would write data, reboot the module but it would come back with the old version.

I believe this was around the same time they found some issues with module flashing.

If you mean just changing asbuilt codes, yes I've tried that, and so far of the very limited number of values that are known on the MME, none of them actually worked. A few were referencing how the camera was laid out on the screen, and changing those would change the screen but it would break the view.
Yes. Re-writing the as built codes. Did you see the new message in PTS about the SYNC modules now are able to be flashed via FDRS? I wonder is any of the F-150 codes are of any use to us? That is the only other vehicle using SYNC4A......correct? Or is 4A specific to BEV?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yes. Re-writing the as built codes. Did you see the new message in PTS about the SYNC modules now are able to be flashed via FDRS? I wonder is any of the F-150 codes are of any use to us? That is the only other vehicle using SYNC4A......correct? Or is 4A specific to BEV?
I don't have PTS access. Since I sold my Edge I haven't been keeping track of things as closely.
I know I have been trying to stay on top of the Forscan releases and checking for any new asbuilt codes. They currently only have some decoded for the APIM. A lot of the options you can enable or disable seem to be F150 related so it may be that those are just generic to all sync 4a vehicles.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
I don't have PTS access. Since I sold my Edge I haven't been keeping track of things as closely.
I know I have been trying to stay on top of the Forscan releases and checking for any new asbuilt codes. They currently only have some decoded for the APIM. A lot of the options you can enable or disable seem to be F150 related so it may be that those are just generic to all sync 4a vehicles.
Try a scan gauge 2 unit as the pics are the same on Ford vehicles. Worked on the Escape Hybrid and cmax

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I downloaded all the as built codes for my car and saved them to a file for reference later......in case I brick something. :)

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I decided to zip up my current .csv file for toque. The charging seems to work, but it is a work in progress. The file is in this thread.

One neat discovery is the PIDs of the values the EVSE sends to the car for maximum power, voltage, and current (upper left side of display). This only works for DC Fast Charging. This is an image from charging on a 350kW EA charger.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Any OBD-II app that works yet? DCCharge

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
I decided to zip up my current .csv file for toque. The charging seems to work, but it is a work in progress. The file is in this thread.

One neat discovery is the PIDs of the values the EVSE sends to the car for maximum power, voltage, and current (upper left side of display). This only works for DC Fast Charging. This is an image from charging on a 350kW EA charger.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Any OBD-II app that works yet? DCCharge
Keep posting. The temperature value of the HVB pack while driving and charging is important data we all need.