Any one recently switch dealers?

possib1edoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-E
Country flag
I ordered a Mach-e at the local Ford dealership, however I would like to switch to a different dealer. Anyone recently switch by calling the 1-800 number from the other posts. Looking for success stories in the last 1-2 months as I don't want to lose the order/delay the order.

Thanks
Sponsored

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e GT-PE Space White
Country flag
I changed. Backed out of my premium order. The whole process with these guys was just lousy. The salesman was just not helpful. Got the paperwork signed, promised all this update information, when it's on it's way, etc... Never heard from him again - he figured he had the sale, so that was it. I knew where the car was before he did. I told him it's in MO, while he's telling me it's still on the ramp in Mexico. I told him Ford shows it's due to be here between the 2nd and 8th of Aug. We started to consider the GT for several reasons, asked him if he could write up a sales estimate for a GT with the trade-in value and never got back to me. That was Friday (the 29th). Told them I was going to cancel my order.

Went to a new dealer the next day (Saturday the 30th) that had several GT's on the floor so we could make a decision on the GT, or the Premium, these guys were SUPER helpful. Decided to go with them instead - the salesman and the Manager were very responsive and helpful. Signed the paperwork and was driving home Monday. Never heard back from the other guys until I had to call them AGAIN on the Wednesday. The original dealership was going to keep our deposit too, thankfully I put conditions in the final sale, which they never met. still waiting for my $2,000 deposit.

I'll be calling AMVIC tomorrow if I still don't have my money back.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
User above abandoned his order and got one off the lot from a nearby place, which I don't think is what you're asking. You're hoping to transfer your order to another dealer.

I looked into this early on, when I became suspicious of my own dealership for not giving me straight answers to very simple questions. You're not going to like the answer on this one.

First off, Ford is essentially powerless, or so they say. The representatives I spoke with were very nice and understanding but based on what they told me, you'd need to work with your dealership on this one - and if your dealership were willing to be helpful and make this a smooth process, you probably wouldn't be trying to switch away from them! (Unless you were moving and trying to transfer it to a dealer in your new location, I suppose.) It sounds like the process is one where the old dealership needs to cancel the order on their end and then the new dealership places an order, and Ford links it up to your original online "order" so that your "place in line" isn't lost (although that's also somewhat doubtful, since dealer allocation seems to factor in with when you'd get your car, and that's data we don't have access to).

This is all from discussions in December 2021, so hopefully the process is different now... but I wouldn't expect it to be. Good luck either way.

OP
OP

possib1edoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-E
Country flag
My situation is a little different - the car is going into production early next month. The dealer I ordered it through doesn’t accept the X-plan and the second dealer does.

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
As others have said, I don't think you can transfer a special order from one dealer to another. Your order is with the dealer, not Ford Motor Company. So your original dealer would have to agree to the transfer. Why would they do that when most dealers would rather keep your order and sell it to someone else with a big markup when it arrives?

This year, I found my two MMEs at two different dealers. One dealer was close by, the other far away out of state. I didn't order either car; both were abandoned special orders, which I was able to adopt and acquire for MSRP and X-Plan pricing. If you go for this approach, you have to be willing to shop around and go wherever the car is available. Good luck!

OP
OP

possib1edoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-E
Country flag
Thanks for the info - much appreciate it!
Sponsored