Any recommendations for Dealers in Newton, MA (Boston or MetroWest) area?

Ygrec

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 e-Golf
Country flag
Is there a FAQ on how to sign up to get the X-plan?
Sponsored

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
I retract my recommendation of Bonnell. Iā€™m still waiting for my car to be delivered (ordered 5/29, shipped 12/3), and they have backtracked on allowing me to use X-plan despite what their policy was when I ordered. Oh and he let me know that Iā€™ll be paying an additional $500 ā€feeā€ at time of purchase now.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I retract my recommendation of Bonnell. Iā€™m still waiting for my car to be delivered (ordered 5/29, shipped 12/3), and they have backtracked on allowing me to use X-plan despite what their policy was when I ordered. Oh and he let me know that Iā€™ll be paying an additional $500 ā€feeā€ at time of purchase now.
This sucks. I previously recommended Bonnell, which I will also retract based on this.
For a family run dealership that's been around for ~100 years, they don't seem to want to build lasting relationships with customers.
I had a very friendly purchase transaction back in March, but it was their first MME sale. Seems like they are getting greedy and taking advantage of the demand for this vehicle now.
They shouldn't be allowed to change X-plan or ADM after an order has been placed, but I guess Ford doesn't have any recourse to stop dealers from doing it.

BostonPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER / AWD Built 12/21
Country flag
I ordered my Premium from Watertown Ford back in June and it is finally built / shipped and should be coming in sometime in the next month or so. I have it in writing that they will honor X-Plan as long as I can provide them with proof of eligibility so lets hope they do honor it.

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
I ordered my Premium from Watertown Ford back in June and it is finally built / shipped and should be coming in sometime in the next month or so. I have it in writing that they will honor X-Plan as long as I can provide them with proof of eligibility so lets hope they do honor it.
Iā€™m the idiot who didnā€™t get them to put it in writing, I tend to have too much faith in people. My mistake, but honestly I donā€˜t think it would have made a difference here given what the dealer told me.

ā€About X-Plan, the dealership management is no longer accepting X-plan on any vehicle. There are a lot of dealerships marking sold orders like your up $5000.00. Ford pays us 3 percent on Mach-e's. You will not get x-plan.ā€

jetermeyer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got mine from Watertown Ford back in March. Patrick was good to work with. At that time they took X-plan, had no ADM, honored price. I have also taken car in for a couple software updates which they were able to perform without issue.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
ā€About X-Plan, the dealership management is no longer accepting X-plan on any vehicle. There are a lot of dealerships marking sold orders like your up $5000.00. Ford pays us 3 percent on Mach-e's. You will not get x-plan.ā€
"So, since we see the opportunity to make a quick buck, we will disregard our agreement and not give you X Plan, plus whack you for another $500 just because. Be happy that's all we do."

And some dealers wonder why they are detested.

Ugh. I never thought I needed to get things like this in writing, but I will from now on (especially when dealing with dealers).

evmass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Silver Mach E Select
Country flag
I got mine from Watertown Ford back in March. Patrick was good to work with. At that time they took X-plan, had no ADM, honored price. I have also taken car in for a couple software updates which they were able to perform without issue.
Bought my off the lot from Colonial Ford in Plymouth. Used X-plan and Ford Options with $2500 incentive. That was back in July- have no idea what they are honoring at this point. Ask for Veronica as she is most knowledgeable about purchasing a MME. You can tell her they guy that told them about the Options program sent you.

RhodyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 X3M40i, ā€˜21 GTPE
Country flag
Just finalized purchase on my GTPE from Bonnell Ford. Canā€™t say enough good things about them. Contacted them in early October 2021 looking for a GTPE. They told me they had a Rapid Red one coming in and offered at sticker. Sent me a signed P&S which I signed and sent back and we waitedā€¦car finally came in this week and we finalized the deal today. No issues, no games and they gave me a great deal on my trade which was about the highest I received out of 5 offers. Financed using options, 1.4% and $2500 rebate. $499 doc fee was disclosed on the P&S so I knew that was there. Worked with David Hurley and he was great.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I bought an orphan from Londonderry Ford up in NH, so no help for the OP.

I did buy a 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid from Watertown Ford and had no problems with their service department. Unfortunately I do not work in Watertown anymore, but I will keep your information in mind if I can not find a good dealer in Metro Northeast. York Ford is my closest dealer.

MetrowestZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California AWD
Country flag
Just finalized purchase on my GTPE from Bonnell Ford. Canā€™t say enough good things about them. Contacted them in early October 2021 looking for a GTPE. They told me they had a Rapid Red one coming in and offered at sticker. Sent me a signed P&S which I signed and sent back and we waitedā€¦car finally came in this week and we finalized the deal today. No issues, no games and they gave me a great deal on my trade which was about the highest I received out of 5 offers. Financed using options, 1.4% and $2500 rebate. $499 doc fee was disclosed on the P&S so I knew that was there. Worked with David Hurley and he was great.
1.4% seems really good. Do you mind me asking for how long?

RhodyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 X3M40i, ā€˜21 GTPE
Country flag
1.4% seems really good. Do you mind me asking for how long?
Itā€™s the Ford Options program with the balloon payment. 1.4% is currently offered for the GT only. Good for both the 3 year and 4 year option. This financing is through Ford directly.

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Plus one for recommending Acton Ford. I ordered Aug 2021 and picked it up in early Dec (much quicker than other folks Iā€™ve read about here and on FB). they took xplan at order time and I confirmed at pickup that they still were on new orders.

I placed my order via ford.com while I was at the dealer. They had me sign a purchase agreement while I was there. I thought it was weird at the time. But it laid out all the numbers (all according to xplan).

their deposit is $1,000 (which I paid through ford.com), so more than other dealers, but they take xplan. You can cancel. You get your money back when they sell the car. (Not when you cancel)

My salesman was Gordon, who bought an MME himself back in April 2021. That sold me.
Sponsored