Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
That's great to hear that the charger locks in. The last question we still have is if that is automatically disabled once the battery is fully charged. Still TBD I guess.
The rep certainly made it seem as if it stays locked until you push the unlock button with the key/phone as key present. But he wasn't 100% certain.
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
OK, so I went to the tour last night. Again, I don't want to repeat all of the information that has been said multiple times, but I few things that I checked out specifically...

1. The charging screens only allowed for maximum state of charge setting and a charge schedule. I've heard some people asking about setting a charge rate (limiting the charge current) from the vehicle side, but there is currently no setting for that on the screen. I asked the rep and he also didn't believe that was currently an option. So I guess you'll need a charger that supports setting the charge rate.
  2. Someone asked about the fogging in the headlights. There were three units at my stop (2 premium and 1 select). I looked at all three and didn't see anything (although it had been nice the last few days here).
  3. The 'button' behind the mirror is a sensor, not a button. Although I couldn't get any more info than that.
  4. As other's mentioned, the rep stated that the frunk divider would not be in production units and didn't know what the other access panel in there was.
  5. They confirmed that the charger does indeed lock into place when charging and you'd need the key (or phone key) to remove the charger.
  6. I tried to set a distant destination to show integrated charger stops in the route, but the nav app kept failing saying it couldn't complete the route *whomp whomp*. The rep said that it was working all of the other times and it must be a pre-production thing. I do believe that was the first time he saw that error out of the tour he's done so far, but he mentioned normally it plots out the route with chargers for you.
  7. I took a measuring tape and can say that the trunk space is almost identical to my wife's Ford Escape in depth and width, but slightly shorter. (32" deep on the sides from the seat back to the plastic trim piece the trunk closes into, up to 34" deep in the middle. 41" wide between the wheel wells, 65" deep on the sides with the back seats down, 27" tall to clear the trunk lid opening.)
  8. I was also interested in fitting car seats in the back and with the driver's seat in a comfotable position for me at 6'2" there was about 30" of space between the front seat back and the back seat back... which is about 3" more than my Audi A4, so I don't think this would be an issue getting two rear-facing car seats to fit.
All in all, I was quite impressed with the car. It felt very nice and the screen was responsive and easy to see. I got there as the sun was going down and it was neat to see the ambient lighting. The rep showed me that when you change user profiles in the car, the seat automatically moved into its memory position and the drive mode and ambient lighting switched as well.

My dealer said that they already had 14 MME's on order at the dealership pulled for build. They were hoping to get a demo unit by early December and said he would let me know when it came in, or if one of the cars ahead of mine the buyer cancelled, so I could drive it. I just got my build date email this morning for Jan 18, 2021.

One last perk was the Mach E swag they were giving out, a tumbler and pen!

20201105_092335.jpg
thanks very much for the details