Any reviews on Steeda Strut Tower Brace?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@markboris

For posterity, would you mind posting a link or name/brand/type you are referring to? Sounds like I will need some of this.

Still waiting on my front before getting my hands dirty.

Thanks everyone for the input!
Johnny over at: www.polybushings.com has the lube. I have used this stuff for years and it has never let me down. Regular silicone type grease that manufacturers supply with bushings never seem to last long. Grease up the bushings and the bar really well (thick coat) and you should never have to do it again.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lb8403

Lb8403

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium EXT AWD
Country flag
I’ll put the tower brace on this week. Will have about 2 weeks between arrival of front sway and install so I’ll be able to give some feedback on whether there is a notable difference with, without tower brace and front/rear sway.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Although I added the Steeda strut tower brace to my old Fusion which did have a flimsy stamped OEM STB of sorts, imho the more solid-looking OEM brace between the MME's strut towers already ties them together pretty well.

I'll withhold judgment (and moolah) until an early adopter out there on the forum convinces me it's money well spent.
I'm with you Martin. I ordered the sway bars the minute they hit the shelves and have not been disappointed. I knew the stock ones just weren't cutting it and so far everyone has completely agreed. However, this strut tower I am not too sure about. The one in the car looks decent and I personally don't think there will be a huge difference if any at all but like you said will wait for others to give their reviews.

OP
OP
Lb8403

Lb8403

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium EXT AWD
Country flag
Johnny over at: www.polybushings.com has the lube. I have used this stuff for years and it has never let me down. Regular silicone type grease that manufacturers supply with bushings never seem to last long. Grease up the bushings and the bar really well (thick coat) and you should never have to do it again.

1 4$ or 2 7$ canisters (for front and rear sway)?

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1 4$ or 2 7$ canisters (for front and rear sway)?
You'll barely make it with one for both bars (4 bushings) so I would get 2. I really put it on thick and these bushings have deep ridges in them to load up the lube.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The bushings are split bushings. They have to be, as the Steeda bar has stop rings welded on it just to their outside.
Yes, they’re split, but in order to remove them from the bar without damaging them, you need both hands, which requires space, so the bar has to mostly be removed in order to remove the bushings and re-lube, since the brackets do not have zerk fittings and the bushings do not have a passage to accommodate a zerk fitting. 🤷‍♂️🐩

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Yes, they’re split, but in order to remove them from the bar without damaging them, you need both hands, which requires space, so the bar has to mostly be removed in order to remove the bushings and re-lube, since the brackets do not have zerk fittings and the bushings do not have a passage to accommodate a zerk fitting. 🤷‍♂️🐩
I killed my fingers trying to get the bushings on when the bars were off the car. It seems like it would be even harder when them on the car. On the other hand, when them on the car the bars are more stable so it may be easier to press them on. And if you are laying on the floor under the car maybe you can get better leverage.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I killed my fingers trying to get the bushings on when the bars were off the car. It seems like it would be even harder when them on the car. On the other hand, when them on the car the bars are more stable so it may be easier to press them on. And if you are laying on the floor under the car maybe you can get better leverage.
Mike, you are correct and it is easier to put the bushings on and take them off when the bar is stable. I replied back to Steve about changing them when they are on the car but he didn't comment on it so not sure if he saw my post. I actually had to do this recently on my Premium that I sold to a friend in Arizona. He installed the Steeda bars himself but used the supplied lube and I don't think he used much. He was too anxious to get the bars on and did not order the lube I use. His started making noise shortly after he installed them.

When I was out there last month, I pulled off the bushing brackets, removed the bushings lubed them up with the stuff I use and put them back on. I don't think it took an hour to do all four. All you need is a large flat blade screwdriver to open them up and push them off. Putting them on I did the same using the screwdriver to spread them open then with my other hand pushed them down onto the bar. Didn't have to remove the end links or anything. In Steve's case, having a GT, he would need to remove the level sensors in the front to be able to get in there with his hand and screwdriver to remove the bushing. It's surprisingly easy to do once you get the hang of it.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
@markboris was kind enough to send me one canister of the lube and I love it. I used some the other day. I wanted to get more for when I finally get time to install my sway bars. You can never have enough grease on hand. I called Polybushing to get more and the very nice lady said that the manufacturer change the formula and the lube is "not as good as it used to be". John at Polybushing is talking to the current manufacturer and looking at others to find something equivalent. I am hoping that they have some in stock but they were getting low. Otherwise I have to live with the one canister I have and stretch it. Bad news for those of us that wanted a superior grease. 😞

OP
OP
Lb8403

Lb8403

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium EXT AWD
Country flag
Put the front strut tower brace tonight. Unfortunately my comments are subjective Vice objective. That said I did note a difference in turning compared to the stock bar. The upper part of the body doesn’t roll nearly as much it once did.

Can’t wait to see the difference when I get both front and rear sway bar installed on stiffest setting! Just received an email stating it shipped 🙌🏼

Last edited:

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
One of mine was squeaking and I just re-greased it Monday. I just took the wheel off, then the bushing bracket off, then large flathead in the split in the bushing. Squeezed as much lube as physically possible into the bushing. Re-assembled. Worked well, no more squeaking and really wasn’t too difficult at least for the front bar. Steeda recommended super lube which was great because they carry it at a lot of places locally. I don’t know how long it will last but it’s good so far for a quick fix.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Any reviews on Steeda Strut Tower Brace? 1670025489254

OP
OP
Lb8403

Lb8403

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium EXT AWD
Country flag
@markboris was kind enough to send me one canister of the lube and I love it. I used some the other day. I wanted to get more for when I finally get time to install my sway bars. You can never have enough grease on hand. I called Polybushing to get more and the very nice lady said that the manufacturer change the formula and the lube is "not as good as it used to be". John at Polybushing is talking to the current manufacturer and looking at others to find something equivalent. I am hoping that they have some in stock but they were getting low. Otherwise I have to live with the one canister I have and stretch it. Bad news for those of us that wanted a superior grease. 😞
Oh no! I just got mine today too! Hope it holds up 🤞🤞

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I don’t think I saw any replies relating to the OP, has anyone tried the strut tower brace?

* see the post now, thanks for the update!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I don’t think I saw any replies relating to the OP, has anyone tried the strut tower brace?

* see the post now, thanks for the update!
I was thinking of buying one and comparing weight. It looks like it might shave a few ounces. As Mark said, the stock one looks really beefy. The only drawback to the stock one I can see (until I get my hands on a Steeda brace and directly compare the two) is weight. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Since it’s the Winter Holiday Season, I will probably have to wait until February until I can order a Steeda brace. Or maybe I will just make my own like I did for my first generation Celica (and ended up making 40 more). 🤪🐩
Sponsored