Any reviews on Steeda Strut Tower Brace?

Lb8403

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium EXT AWD
Country flag
Hey y’all,
Before buying the Steeda front and rear sway bar I really quickly wanted to see if anyone has purchased & installed their strut tower brace either separately or in conjunction with the front and rear sway bar setup and what their thoughts were on the drive experience afterwards

thanks!
Sponsored

kkmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I'm interested in this too. Also I just noticed that the rear sway bar is 20% off right now for their Black Friday sale.

OP
OP
Lb8403

Lb8403

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium EXT AWD
Country flag
Yeah just bought mine. Hopefully the front sway bar gets discounted tomorrow 🤞🤞

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Oh, I didn’t know they had this. I have the sway bars ready to install. I’m just waiting for a free weekend to crawl under the car. With the sale, I just ordered it. Now I have something else to install. At least I don’t have to jack up the car. 😉

OP
OP
Lb8403

Lb8403

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium EXT AWD
Country flag
Oh, I didn’t know they had this. I have the sway bars ready to install. I’m just waiting for a free weekend to crawl under the car. With the sale, I just ordered it. Now I have something else to install. At least I don’t have to jack up the car. 😉
Haha yeah! Saw the sale and bought it as well 🙌🏼

Sadly, they’re out of the front sway bar ☹

Saw a few who had installed and said the sway bars change the total ride. Curious what your feedback is.

What setting are you going with?

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Haha yeah! Saw the sale and bought it as well 🙌🏼

Sadly, they’re out of the front sway bar ☹

Saw a few who had installed and said the sway bars change the total ride. Curious what your feedback is.

What setting are you going with?
I have not installed my bars yet, on the list though. Just need a free weekend to crawl under the car. I will go with the most aggressive setting. Most everyone on the forum seems to have it set up that way and the results seem to indicate that is the best setting. I assume you found the thread and have read it so you know you have to modify the front bar by either cutting it or grinding it to remove a portion of the steel. I just cut the first hole out since I was not going to us it anyways. I used a reciprocating saw with a steel blade and a grinder. To finish it off, a sharp file.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My front bar’s bushings just started to creak/squeak. One of the drawbacks of using polyurethane. If I want to quiet it, I need to basically remove the front bar and either lube it up again or replace with pillow blocks and Delrin bushings. For now, my dog is going to suffer through the sound system being turned up. 🤪🐩

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
My front bar’s bushings just started to creak/squeak. One of the drawbacks of using polyurethane. If I want to quiet it, I need to basically remove the front bar and either lube it up again or replace with pillow blocks and Delrin bushings. For now, my dog is going to suffer through the sound system being turned up. 🤪🐩
Did you use the lube Mark Boris recommended, or the lube that Steeda sent?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Did you use the lube Mark Boris recommended, or the lube that Steeda sent?
I used Steeda’s lube. I am guessing that it worked its way out. In some spots and that’s why it’s squeaking. I used Marine grease on the rear bar since I didn’t find a package of lube in its box. No squeaks or groans. 🤷‍♂️🐩

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I used Steeda’s lube. I am guessing that it worked its way out. In some spots and that’s why it’s squeaking. I used Marine grease on the rear bar since I didn’t find a package of lube in its box. No squeaks or groans. 🤷‍♂️🐩
Hopefully the lube I used will last. Mark thinks it is amazing, and he has never had a squeaky part when using that lube. I coated it all over the inside of the bushings. And the outside too, because it is very messy. Or I am very messy.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Hopefully the lube I used will last. Mark thinks it is amazing, and he has never had a squeaky part when using that lube. I coated it all over the inside of the bushings. And the outside too, because it is very messy. Or I am very messy.
Mike the messy baby. 🤪🐩

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Steve, you do not have to remove either the front or rear bars to pull the bushings nor do you need to remove the end links. For the front bar, remove the level sensor brackets on each side so you can get in and remove the bushing bracket then remove the bushing. You know how tight they are when closed but a large/wide flat blade screwdriver will open them right up and you can pull it off. Reinstalling using the same very wide/large flat blade screwdriver to open them up and snap over the bar. The rears can be done the same way (but no level sensors back there to get in the way). I have a couple of extra containers I can send you of the lube I use. Just let me know.

OP
OP
Lb8403

Lb8403

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium EXT AWD
Country flag
@markboris

For posterity, would you mind posting a link or name/brand/type you are referring to? Sounds like I will need some of this.

Still waiting on my front before getting my hands dirty.

Thanks everyone for the input!

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The bushings are split bushings. They have to be, as the Steeda bar has stop rings welded on it just to their outside.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Hey y’all,
Before buying the Steeda front and rear sway bar I really quickly wanted to see if anyone has purchased & installed their strut tower brace either separately or in conjunction with the front and rear sway bar setup and what their thoughts were on the drive experience afterwards

thanks!
Although I added the Steeda strut tower brace to my old Fusion which did have a flimsy stamped OEM STB of sorts, imho the more solid-looking OEM brace between the MME's strut towers already ties them together pretty well.

I'll withhold judgment (and moolah) until an early adopter out there on the forum convinces me it's money well spent.
Sponsored