mikenindorf

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
When driving around, same speed, and I turn on One Pedal Drive, the car seems so be wanting to stop. It feels like the gas and One Pedal are fighting each other. I would think that One Pedal drive would only come on, when I let the foot of the gas.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
When driving around, same speed, and I turn on One Pedal Drive, the car seems so be wanting to stop. It feels like the gas and One Pedal are fighting each other. I would think that One Pedal drive would only come on, when I let the foot of the gas.

Thoughts?
When you switch between the two the mapping of the pedal changes to make room for the little bit of "stop" at the end of the pedal motion.

Thus going from off to on you're actually lifting your foot off of the pedal a little bit as the mapping changes the point where your foot at to less "throttle" and likewise when you turn it on the mapping changes to more "throttle" at the same point.

It doesn't want to stop but it will slow down a little when turning 1-P on.

You can also feel the mappings change when you cycle through the different modes (Whisper, Engage, Unbridled) keeping your foot position constant.