any statistics on progression from ServiceVehicleSoon (SVS) to StopSafelyNow (SSN) ?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I am wondering if anyone has been keeping track of the percentage and/or the elapsed time or miles or conditions between when people first got a SVS Alert, and when/if it progressed to SSN.

The reason this is topmost in my mind is since having the SVS Alert pop up (10/5/22 for me), I am very hesitant to use my MME at all for fear of being stranded if it kicks the bucket and turns into a SSN before my Dealer can verify, get the new HVBJB, and schedule the physical remove/replace. I'm guessing this will take a month, and it's impacting faith in my ability to use my car for daily transport and work.

If however, we can establish that (some low percentage) progress from SVS to SSN in less than 1000 miles/1mo, then I'd be a little more comfortable continuing to drive with Alert on screen until the replacement HVBJB comes in.

Could this maybe be a semi-automated survey of some kind where we can ask people to enter the date/mileage the got their Alert, and then had the ability to enter the date/mileage that their car either (a) died with SSN, or (b) was called in for HVBJB replacement?

Or, maybe extracted from the dataset that @DevSecOps and others have already gathered?

What I'm looking for is some risk analysis regarding continuing to drive after getting SVS Alert.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Just a followup to close out the thread....

I drove a couple hundred miles with SVS Alert active. Turns out that the Alert clamps max output down to 125 kW to prolong the life of contactors.... so I made it thru the week between DTC verification and replacement without a SSN.

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Thanks for the update. Good info.
How are you measuring max power?
Your car is Std range RWD....correct?

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Thanks for the update. Good info.
How are you measuring max power?
Your car is Std range RWD....correct?

my MME is AWD-SR Select.

replacement HVBJB was installed yesterday. I'm back to pre-Alert max output of 200 kw as displayed on my CarScanner phone App which reads runtime data from ODB2 bluetooth. post-install, Service clears the DTC and updates BECM if needed.... so I *should* be set from this point on.

Ford Mustang Mach-E any statistics on progression from ServiceVehicleSoon (SVS) to StopSafelyNow (SSN) ? dashboard_2_kw & mt coilTemp & chrgrTemps
Sponsored