jeffvick2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 TSX, 2017 Civic, MACHE GT grabber blue
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
Was curious any experience you have with local dealers, including maintenance. Also, how was your production date to delivery timeline? I have a production date of 9/19, I'm hoping to get my car by Halloween or am I being too optimistic?
Sponsored

AdamDotNet

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any Utah Peeps on here...? 20220919_091259

This Smart Vincent report is from Larry H Miller Ford Provo.

I find it a little suspicious that Ford Options is basically crap when others say they get 1.4% on GTs from back in March, but oh well. I guess I'll go for 1.9% on a 3-year loan through Ford.

Other than Options being funny, I also gained a lot of trust from LHM during that visit because the salesman said they specifically won't add on anything until they know the customer wants addons, let alone the actual car. I saw a worksheet that showed some kind of $500 security addon, but it said optional, and he said they can easily remove it if I don't want it, for example (and that was the only weird thing on the worksheet).

He also said that they don't install the front license plate bracket by default, won't put on a dealer advertisement decal, charge only MSRP, take X-Plan, and can work with me on swapping the summer tires to All-Season (a GM said they can buy the tires from me "as used" because anything mounted and balanced on a rim is considered used at that point) and have a company they use for paint protection film.

TLDR, I get reasonably good feelings from LHM that they won't mess around with me.

That said, my delivery is estimated to be 10/7/2022 - 10/13/2022, so we'll see.

OP
OP
jeffvick2005

jeffvick2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any Utah Peeps on here...? 20220919_091259

This Smart Vincent report is from Larry H Miller Ford Provo.

I find it a little suspicious that Ford Options is basically crap when others say they get 1.4% on GTs from back in March, but oh well. I guess I'll go for 1.9% on a 3-year loan through Ford.

Other than Options being funny, I also gained a lot of trust from LHM during that visit because the salesman said they specifically won't add on anything until they know the customer wants addons, let alone the actual car. I saw a worksheet that showed some kind of $500 security addon, but it said optional, and he said they can easily remove it if I don't want it, for example (and that was the only weird thing on the worksheet).

He also said that they don't install the front license plate bracket by default, won't put on a dealer advertisement decal, charge only MSRP, take X-Plan, and can work with me on swapping the summer tires to All-Season (a GM said they can buy the tires from me "as used" because anything mounted and balanced on a rim is considered used at that point) and have a company they use for paint protection film.

TLDR, I get reasonably good feelings from LHM that they won't mess around with me.

That said, my delivery is estimated to be 10/7/2022 - 10/13/2022, so we'll see.
Interest rates have gone up a lot since March, so a higher rate would make sense. The I'm looking to finance at the Utah Power Credit Union where they give a credit for buying an EV, but rates are mid to upper 3's. Did they give this to you recently? I should probably stop by AF Ford to get things prepped - I don't want any surprises. I might have them do some kind of clear bra for the hood but otherwise don't plan on any add ons. When was your build date? Looks like you'll have your car soon! My build date should be this Friday. Hoping to have the car before halloween.

AdamDotNet

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Interest rates have gone up a lot since March, so a higher rate would make sense. The I'm looking to finance at the Utah Power Credit Union where they give a credit for buying an EV, but rates are mid to upper 3's. Did they give this to you recently? I should probably stop by AF Ford to get things prepped - I don't want any surprises. I might have them do some kind of clear bra for the hood but otherwise don't plan on any add ons. When was your build date? Looks like you'll have your car soon! My build date should be this Friday. Hoping to have the car before halloween.
That print off was last weekend, Sept 17, and it specifically mentions "Incentive Protected to March 29, 2022". Looking back on my posts in Sept 12 build week chat, looks like I got the vehicle built notification on Sept 15, and the vehicle shipped notification on Sept 16. I have no idea if it's actually moved since then, but my Ford.com estimate hasn't changed at least.

Did you get delayed from Sept 12 week to Sept 19 week? I thought you posted in Sept 12 week.

OP
OP
jeffvick2005

jeffvick2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
That print off was last weekend, Sept 17, and it specifically mentions "Incentive Protected to March 29, 2022". Looking back on my posts in Sept 12 build week chat, looks like I got the vehicle built notification on Sept 15, and the vehicle shipped notification on Sept 16. I have no idea if it's actually moved since then, but my Ford.com estimate hasn't changed at least.

Did you get delayed from Sept 12 week to Sept 19 week? I thought you posted in Sept 12 week.
I'm still (And have always been) with a 9/19 build date. I have a co-worker who ordered a GT the same day as me, but from Bountiful Ford directly, and she had a build date in October that just got bumped to November. I'm checking with my dealer to see if their system shows anything different - I'm supposed to be built this week (Friday). Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
jeffvick2005

jeffvick2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CPA
Country flag

How did you get your built notification on Sept 15th? Was it an email? Ford's emails have been so random that I'm surprised they sent you a notification within a month of the event.

AdamDotNet

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GTPE
Country flag
How did you get your built notification on Sept 15th? Was it an email? Ford's emails have been so random that I'm surprised they sent you a notification within a month of the event.
I kept signing in at ford.com to see if the status changed. But also I got the email notifications quite promptly. I think ford.com and emails were roughly the same time.

SingBluebird

First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hi all,

I’m brand new to this forum and in Salt Lake City. I ordered a 23 Premium in Grabber Blue on 10/9. I know I’ve got a long wait ahead of me!

Slightly worried it’s not the best time to be buying a new car with current interest rates, but I’ve been dreaming of the Mach-E for a long time now.

bcresquire

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice Blue Mach E Premium
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I'm in Murray. I just got my 2022 Ice Blue Premium from LHM Salt Lake City a couple weeks ago. It's been awesome. The dealership was great to work with. Even though rates have gone up, it was the first time I didn't feel taken by a dealer in a long time. They were very fair and generous with my trade.
Sponsored