Any way to get Microsoft Teams notifications like SMS?

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Does anyone know if there is a way to get other notifications configured to come through on the Sync system? I'm definitely not looking to get my work Teams notifications coming through, but I would live my Teams Personal notifications to come through since many of my family and friends are usj g Teams now more than text messaging/SMS. I'm guessing there is no way to do it currently, but would love to get some Teams messaging capability added in the future. Is there possibly something like a User Voice to send suggestions to Ford, instead of reporting issues via chat or phone?
Sponsored

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Grabber Blue (hers) & FE Carbonized Grey (his)
Country flag
Does anyone know if there is a way to get other notifications configured to come through on the Sync system? I'm definitely not looking to get my work Teams notifications coming through, but I would live my Teams Personal notifications to come through since many of my family and friends are usj g Teams now more than text messaging/SMS. I'm guessing there is no way to do it currently, but would love to get some Teams messaging capability added in the future. Is there possibly something like a User Voice to send suggestions to Ford, instead of reporting issues via chat or phone?
I use Android Auto and can set the app to be visible and therefore get the messages that pop up similar to text and FB messenger.

It doesn't do audio or video calls that I have figured out - to the screen - but I have been able to have a TEAMS call via AA by accepting it on the phone itself.

OP
OP
bellyer

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I use Android Auto and can set the app to be visible and therefore get the messages that pop up similar to text and FB messenger.

It doesn't do audio or video calls that I have figured out - to the screen - but I have been able to have a TEAMS call via AA by accepting it on the phone itself.
Thanks. I always forget to check and see what I can do with Android Auto. Had a few buggy experiences at the start and kind of gave up on it. I should check it out again.

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Grabber Blue (hers) & FE Carbonized Grey (his)
Country flag
Thanks. I always forget to check and see what I can do with Android Auto. Had a few buggy experiences at the start and kind of gave up on it. I should check it out again.
Takes a bit to connect at times, but overall I like the AA experience best.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I haven’t tested it because I refuse to pair my work phone with my car on principle, but Teams notifications (at least the sounds) should come though when connected through CarPlay.

PatricD

First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
toyota
Occupation
teacher
Is that really possible? I would value such a feature because my work is related to my personal computer and Microsoft Office services, so this kind of notification would be much more practical for me. Often my assistants work with me on large orders, and sometimes it's not practical for me to receive notifications from them in the standard format. I need to contact impkeys.com to see if their version of Microsoft Office has such a feature. That's a great idea!

Last edited: