Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Tonight I read an article on insideevs about how Ford descoped the range on the Route 1 (which I have on order), and mentioned it to the wife and daughter.

The vacant glassy eyed stare I got back leads me to believe I might need to talk less about the car.
Sponsored

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
The more I talk about it or show my wife the great reviews, the more impatient she becomes, which is not like her. She's never been excited about a car, until now. However, I think she's reaching the point of not wanting to hear about it any more, especially with the recent delays.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yeah I try to hold back and have a lot but still mention it once and a while especially now that, after 14+ months its finally on its way.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Tonight I read an article on insideevs about how Ford descoped the range on the Route 1 (which I have on order), and mentioned it to the wife and daughter.

The vacant glassy eyed stare I got back leads me to believe I might need to talk less about the car.
the look at this point is "yeah right like your car is ever actually showing up"

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Constantly. I'll sometimes quiz my wife and ask her what I just said and she's like... "uuuuhhhh"

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag

Oh yeah, I even had a new Ford car sales person and her Mom here for dinner last night and after a while of listening to me gush I got "the look" from them! The sales rep was more on board of course but she is studying this all day every day so she is a little maxed out. I did have the opportunity to educate her about a couple things that her training is getting wrong about the car and charging. Hopefully I was helpful and not being a jerk. Time will tell.

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
After the 2017 Mustang convertible my wife always wanted, she's kind of in the camp that this isn't a real Mustang. When I talk about it, she just kind of changes the subject. It's odd, because she absolutely detests our current Explorer as much as I do (it's an okay car; it's just a "toaster," though; nothing special like our other cars had been).

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I'm now in that solemn and anxious period wherein my Mach-E spends its days in the pony nursery in Cuautitlan, awaiting its opportunity to roam free.

I try not to dwell on this too much now. It can't help. I must just sit here. Far away in central Arizona. And I wait.

And so I do not raise the topic with family or friends quite as often as before.

This week, it stings my heart to report to you -- my friends, who also wait so diligently -- this week, I do not need to remind myself of that for which we all yearn.

For as it turns out, I have a coworker. Someone who I'd once considered a friend. This coworker, for the last full week of daily "agile" stand-up meetings, has been Mach-ing me. I mean this quite literally. He has been Photoshopping(*) my work Skype photo into the driver seats of a variety of Infinite Blue Mustang Mach-Es that he has taken upon himself to find online.

Monday's surprise photo featured me standing in front of a black sports car that was clearly not a Mach-E even though he added a Mach-E logo to its side. And it was the darkest shade of Infinite Blue anyone has ever seen or will ever see again. But I could not rightly complain. My body in this photo was Vin Diesel's. It's a vast improvement over the real me. And ffs, the caption indicated I was both fast AND furious. I had to see where he'd take this next.

The rest of the week failed to impress. The truly IB Mach-Es were legitimately less muscular than Monday's meeting surprise. And the drivers, still featuring my face, also far less muscular.

And so I still wait. And I reserve most of my Mach-E thoughts for my time here with you.

Happy weekend.

* gimping, if we're being honest

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
she absolutely detests our current Explorer as much as I do (it's an okay car; it's just a "toaster," though; nothing special like our other cars had been).
I guess I'm kind of glad my disappointment with our Explorer is not just me!

My wife is enthused about the prospect of us getting the MME, but I still can't convince her that she needs to get rid of her '08 CR-V once the MME arrives!

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang GLX, 21 Mach-e FE, 22 Lighting Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
For as it turns out, I have a coworker. Someone who I'd once considered a friend. This coworker, for the last full week of daily "agile" stand-up meetings, has been Mach-ing me. I mean this quite literally. He has been Photoshopping(*) my work Skype photo into the driver seats of a variety of Infinite Blue Mustang Mach-Es that he has taken upon himself to find online.
Jonathan
You can turn it around on your co-worker/ friend and use the attached Zoom interior shots from FORD®. Thanks to @hybrid2bev for the original post.

Plus, you could have a different ride each day of the week.

Of the Mach-e selections one is a picture, the other is video with passing scenery - with the right camera angle you are in the driver's seat.

If you can't bet them, join them.
Sponsored