Anybody get pricing on Select packages 67A and/or 67V?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
All,

I emailed my dealer but I don't expect to hear from him as a matter of course. Has anybody heard from their dealers on the pricing of these packages (comfort/appearance or comfort/technology)? Better yet do any of you insiders have that information?
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
OK, just heard back from my dealer: the comfort/appearance package 67A is $2300 (about what I figured), and the comfort/tech package 67V is $2600.
That’s actually not too bad as long as the hand free update not too expensive I think actually worth it. So get select with tech package it will be 46k so about same as a model y

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That’s actually not too bad as long as the hand free update not too expensive I think actually worth it. So get select with tech package it will be 46k so about same as a model y
Right, but the key is how much that software update is. Since the feature set is more in line with what Tesla used to call "enhanced autopilot" which sold for $3k, the Ford price should be under that. However, I have a bad feeling that Ford is thinking the price should be more in line with the Tesla "full self driving" at $7k.

K1TT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Performance Pack
Occupation
Product Designer
Country flag
Right, but the key is how much that software update is. Since the feature set is more in line with what Tesla used to call "enhanced autopilot" which sold for $3k, the Ford price should be under that. However, I have a bad feeling that Ford is thinking the price should be more in line with the Tesla "full self driving" at $7k.
I don't foresee them going that high for it considering most people buying the update will be "early adopters," and the amount of Mach-E drivers vs the amount of Tesla drivers will be a huge difference. Better to have a lower cost update that's adopted by 90% of the vehicles available than have a few thousand vehicles buy an update for $7000.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I don't foresee them going that high for it considering most people buying the update will be "early adopters," and the amount of Mach-E drivers vs the amount of Tesla drivers will be a huge difference. Better to have a lower cost update that's adopted by 90% of the vehicles available than have a few thousand vehicles buy an update for $7000.
Darrin Palmer said in our town hall that the software update would "not be a huge fee".

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Darrin Palmer said in our town hall that the software update would "not be a huge fee".
If this is the case might need to talk to ford dealers and see if I lease the car if they can get the 7500 rebate taken off of the car as ford will have the title via lease and get the tax credit as I will not. Plus I do not qualify for full 7500 tax credit.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Wasn’t it said that the majority of the cost would be in the equipment? If so, I feel like that means the activation cost would be less than the cost of hardware add on.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Wasn’t it said that the majority of the cost would be in the equipment? If so, I feel like that means the activation cost would be less than the cost of hardware add on.
That is true and while we are all getting anxious about configuring I think a good rule of thumb for everyone if you do not own an EV is majority of your cost is all upfront. After that initial purchase their are no more costs.

For example if you opt for the hands free update guess what you might have a pay a few hundred bucks or whatever. But after that initial payment an more update are free. Or at least should be unleass maybe adding more/new features perhaps but I think it will still be free after you paid for it already.

So pretty much getting a BEV all the cost are high as it is all upfront costs. Then as the time goes by and years go by you will see that you have not needed oil changes, brakes changed, fluids, gas, and so on all that adds up fast as those are all incremental costs.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
If this is the case might need to talk to ford dealers and see if I lease the car if they can get the 7500 rebate taken off of the car as ford will have the title via lease and get the tax credit as I will not. Plus I do not qualify for full 7500 tax credit.
The "lease" of the car that has been talked about on here is not a true lease. It is a lower payment like a lease that is a purchase with a balloon payment at the end so that the buyer could get the tax credit. If you don't have that much tax liability though, that would not be a good option for you, because the tax credit from what I understand is limited by tax liability.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
The "lease" of the car that has been talked about on here is not a true lease. It is a lower payment like a lease that is a purchase with a balloon payment at the end so that the buyer could get the tax credit. If you don't have that much tax liability though, that would not be a good option for you, because the tax credit from what I understand is limited by tax liability.
Thanks yeah that is what I'm afraid of. I want an electric car and only options i like are the Mach-E, Fisker Ocean, or a Tesla. I have time to decide since my lease does not end for 2 years but if I can find a good deal I might take the hit. But the Fisker Ocean comes out at the time my lease is up so who knows but of course the Mach-E will have been out for a year so be more availability I think at that time so we will see what happens.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Which means absolutely nothing. For one, that is his view today and Ford could decide to pentuple the price when it comes out. It is also his personal perspective, as someone who makes far more money than I do. An "expensive" meal to me is $200, for him it might be $2000.
Sponsored