Anybody have a solution to get rid of the max 5sec power cut off

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Don't know who that engineer was, this guy was just reporting something that was said in corporate-wide communications, he has nothing to do with the BEV programs.

Also, to clarify, the implication was that it would be design changes/improvements for MY24, which I would assume means its unlikely that it would be retro-active on the earlier cars.
That’s just general “mid cycle refresh” that they do every few years to every car.

Doesn’t mean they have any power upgrades in mind.

We already know they’re planning on putting the cheaper battery in base model cars around then.
Sponsored

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
That’s just general “mid cycle refresh” that they do every few years to every car.

Doesn’t mean they have any power upgrades in mind.

We already know they’re planning on putting the cheaper battery in base model cars around then.
No power upgrade, but maybe a better battery pack that holds up for longer acceleration. Countless YouTube videos now showing the Mach E GTPE destroy cars off the line only to get passed. Maybe Farley has seen them…

Either way, a revised pack doesn’t help current owners😅

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No power upgrade, but maybe a better battery pack that holds up for longer acceleration. Countless YouTube videos now showing the Mach E GTPE destroy cars off the line only to get passed. Maybe Farley has seen them…

Either way, a revised pack doesn’t help current owners😅
Unfortunately the “revised pack” they’re currently developing is worse for performance.

It is cheaper and the materials are more available though.

I think Ford is more concerned about producing 200,000 per year than they are about increasing the performance of their lowest volume trim (GT).

I was thinking about this exact issue why driving today thinking “am I really complaining that the fastest car I’ve ever owned is “too slow?”

And my last 3 cars were a 2015 Chevy SS, 2007 G35 and 2002 Trans Am.

Yes, yes I am still complaining. But it’s still fast and fun.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unfortunately the “revised pack” they’re currently developing is worse for performance.

I think Ford is more concerned about producing 200,000 per year than they are about increasing the performance of their lowest volume trim (GT).

I was thinking about this exact issue why driving today thinking “am I really complaining that the fastest car I’ve ever owned is “too slow?”

I thought I read somewhere the cheaper packs are being reserved for the cheaper models. Not entirely sure where, though (probably this forum).

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I thought I read somewhere the cheaper packs are being reserved for the cheaper models. Not entirely sure where, though (probably this forum).
I read the same. But that’s my point. Only revised pack Ford has mentioned is for the cheaper models.

If they were revising the pack on the GT as well, you’d think they would mention it.

No reason to forecast changes on one model and keep the battery pack on the GT a secret (if they plan on revising it).

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Watching the GV60, with how they do boost, and I wonder to myself why the GT is the way it is.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Watching the GV60, with how they do boost, and I wonder to myself why the GT is the way it is.
5 seconds automatically all the time ready vs 10 seconds hit a button?

I definitely don’t want a button, but would prefer more time.

Also a HUGE preference…… GV60 only loses about 60 hp off boost. We lose about 150 hp (and it isn’t advertised). That’s a major difference.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I read the same. But that’s my point. Only revised pack Ford has mentioned is for the cheaper models.

If they were revising the pack on the GT as well, you’d think they would mention it.

No reason to forecast changes on one model and keep the battery pack on the GT a secret (if they plan on revising it).
I don't think they would have to change the whole pack, it's another portion of the pack that seems "under-specced" if I recall. Someone posted a photo of a Mach E pack next to a Tesla pack and the parts on top were way smaller on the Mach E's.

I say this with zero electrical knowledge lol If we're being honest, the 5 second limit will be lifted when there's a real refresh on the MME.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

It’s not fast, it’s quick. You know the difference. 😉

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I don't think they would have to change the whole pack, it's another portion of the pack that seems "under-specced" if I recall. Someone posted a photo of a Mach E pack next to a Tesla pack and the parts on top were way smaller on the Mach E's.

I say this with zero electrical knowledge lol If we're being honest, the 5 second limit will be lifted when there's a real refresh on the MME.
The main bus bars. They carry the power from the cells to the junction box. Waaayyyy too small to support the amperage required for a long period time. There are other components that are questionable for GT use, but the most obvious are the bus bars. 😰🐩

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
It’s not fast, it’s quick. You know the difference. 😉
Totally. I don't feel like the GT drives all that quick though. The handling is heavier (like a Mustang) than I like for a gokart quick kind of drive. Not that it's bad, and it is still damn quick, but...

I wish the GT had been my 1st EV, and the Tesla 3P my second.

Of course, if the MME was 4 years further along in development or that Ford had 10 years of EV data to use I might think differently.

In the end, the MME, with all its warts, is still pretty darn good. But it's not yet as good as it's going to be- will be interesting to compare a 21-22 with a 25-26 model when the time comes. At least, it'll be interesting for about 5 seconds...

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

HuntingPudel

First Name