Anybody have a solution to get rid of the max 5sec power cut off

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I come back to this thread hoping to see “Ford has released a new battery pack for the 23 GTPE and the 5 sec rule is gone” so I can put my order in. Instead I see the Hyundai still outruns it. So sad.

My last Mustang was a 90 GT. People have been spoiled by the newer Mustangs with a LOT of gadgets and gizmos. I remember having electric windows, locks and a rear window defroster. Cruse control too. I never considered the Mustang to be feature rich. Same with the MME...
What Hyundai are you talking about? The Ioniq 5 does high-4's 0-60 and 13's in the 1/4 mile.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Last edited:

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Lots of conjecture being thrown around in this thread as fact. I'm not seeing this at all.

Look at the Porsche Taycan. It uses LG Pouch cells like the Bolt and Mach E. It uses a single cooling plate, and it's not even in the battery module. Instead, it's glued to the bottom of it. To me, the MachE's cooling system looks superior to the Taycan's. Not only are the cooling plates closer to the pouches - look at the coolant flow in the picture below - the cells on the passenger side are going to get less cooling than the driver side as there is a single loop from one side to the other.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anybody have a solution to get rid of the max 5sec power cut off 7E06AF64-F8EA-499C-832D-74588AAD23A0
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anybody have a solution to get rid of the max 5sec power cut off 7E06AF64-F8EA-499C-832D-74588AAD23A0

I'm seeing Ford as being overly cautious here because bombing on their first mass-produced EV would have catastrophic results for the company. I'm hopeful that they will loosen their reins as more data is collected, though I think that becomes less likely if they switch battery manufacturers as it appears they may be.
I bet they just want to limit as many battery claims within the 8 year warranty as possible.

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE (Declined Delivery); 2023 BMW iX M60
Country flag
Yes, the EV6 GT is fast, but it is just not a good looking car is it? Maybe it’s just me?

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Nope, it’s ugly fast.

But also smaller and handling is only so so.

But yes, very fast.
Don't forget 206 miles of range. :-(

I was gonna get one till I saw that.

TX_MME

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT DMG
Country flag
How many of y'all have actually been able to floor it for 5 seconds, not on a track? I haven't taken many long highway drives where I can imagine would be the only place that would be possible. But in the city, from a dead stop, it's nearly impossible without running someone over in my area. I still want the limit gone, but I can't say it's affecting my daily driving at all.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
How many of y'all have actually been able to floor it for 5 seconds, not on a track? I haven't taken many long highway drives where I can imagine would be the only place that would be possible. But in the city, from a dead stop, it's nearly impossible without running someone over in my area. I still want the limit gone, but I can't say it's affecting my daily driving at all.
The freeway o_O and it isn't just that you can't floor it for 5 seconds, it is the fact that it will also limit passing power depending on what your speed is, how quickly you accelerated to get to that speed, etc.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The freeway o_O and it isn't just that you can't floor it for 5 seconds, it is the fact that it will also limit passing power depending on what your speed is, how quickly you accelerated to get to that speed, etc.
Yup. Above 70 mph you get 0-2 seconds of full power.

Outside of drag racing, if you actually got 5 seconds at any time, that wouldn’t be too bad.

But you only get 5 seconds from a stop and if near full charge, good weather, and battery at ideal temps.

Studly

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT350, Bronco, Bronco Sport
Occupation
Lake Geneva Ziplines and Adventures Managing Director
Country flag
I drove 480 miles of expressway yesterday.

NeVAr, not once did I need more powa than the GT provided.

From 70 at half throttle after 2 seconds it's 90. Who has tried this for 5 seconds?

Looking for this answer: In 5 seconds what speed have you attained and where did you want to go?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

From 70 at half throttle after 2 seconds it's 90. Who has tried this for 5 seconds?

Looking for this answer: In 5 seconds what speed have you attained and where did you want to go?
Again, you don’t get 5 seconds of full power at 70 mph.

And “need” has never been the issue.

A Corvette doesn’t “need” more power than an Accord either.

To answer your question: some of us drive performance cars like performance cars occasionally.

Some of us also live 30 minutes from a drag strip.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Lots of conjecture being thrown around in this thread as fact. I'm not seeing this at all.

Look at the Porsche Taycan. It uses LG Pouch cells like the Bolt and Mach E. It uses a single cooling plate, and it's not even in the battery module. Instead, it's glued to the bottom of it. To me, the MachE's cooling system looks superior to the Taycan's. Not only are the cooling plates closer to the pouches - look at the coolant flow in the picture below - the cells on the passenger side are going to get less cooling than the driver side as there is a single loop from one side to the other.

I'm seeing Ford as being overly cautious here because bombing on their first mass-produced EV would have catastrophic results for the company. I'm hopeful that they will loosen their reins as more data is collected, though I think that becomes less likely if they switch battery manufacturers as it appears they may be.
Taycan is running at 800 volts though. Plus, it’s been torture tested at the Nurburgring where it held the EV lap record until a “stock” Plaid supposedly eclipsed it. And Porsche has shown that the Taycan can run 20 back to back 0-100mph runs with virtually no performance loss. It can also cruise at 160mph on the autobahn until it runs out of charge. They obviously have cooling covered.

There is no substitute. 😎

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

Well, since a GTPE takes 2.0 seconds at WOT to go from 50-70mph, I’d say half throttle at 70-90mph and you’re looking at more like lots of seconds.

And the thing was marketed by Ford’s MME project manager to be track worthy. And it’s not. Not even close.
Sponsored