Anyone able to utilize Ford's 250 kW free charging?

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
Has anyone been able to utilize Ford's 250 kW free charging offer yet?
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Has anyone been able to utilize Ford's 250 kW free charging offer yet?
I have it added to my FordPass balance, but haven't been to an EA station yet to test.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming soon: Mach-E premium ER RWD
Country flag
Yes, I did Plug & Charge 3 times this past weekend using the free kW at EA stations. Got emails from Ford with my new balance of 180 kW.
Did you get different results on the amount of energy drawn from the DCFC? I am really interested in knowing if the 150kw max charging capacity is achieved by the vehicle and for how long.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Did you get different results on the amount of energy drawn from the DCFC? I am really interested in knowing if the 150kw max charging capacity is achieved by the vehicle and for how long.
All I'm going to say is that it was 15 degrees outside and there's currently no battery preconditioning. So the charge rate was not able to hit max speeds. I'm willing to check it again after the alleged OTA is out for preconditioning and if it's still this cold outside.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Were there any steps required beyond those you detailed in your excellent FordPass setup thread?
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-enable-plug-charge-in-7-steps.3094/
Nope. After completing the process I just drive up to the EA station plug in and away it goes. It starts saying 'communicating with vehicle', then 'processing payment', then 'initiating charge'. You hear clicks and whirring noises and it starts right up.

I was able to charge every time this past weekend both on EA and ChargePoint chargers, no failures at all. The DCFC cables are heavy and sometimes a bit short, so park as close as you can at EA stations.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Nope. After completing the process I just drive up to the EA station plug in and away it goes. It starts saying 'communicating with vehicle', then 'processing payment', then 'initiating charge'. You hear clicks and whirring noises and it starts right up.

I was able to charge every time this past weekend both on EA and ChargePoint chargers, no failures at all. The DCFC cables are heavy and sometimes a bit short, so park as close as you can at EA stations.
Sweet! Thanks.

Now we just need an OTA that preconditions the battery for charging when you set a charger as the destination. This is a must!

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
The DCFC cables are heavy and sometimes a bit short, so park as close as you can at EA stations.
I blame the car's long hood for that. I sort of wish the charge port was in the rear, like on Teslas (and ICE)
Sponsored