Anyone cancel an order in order to make a change?

johnny5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Black
Country flag
My build date is 1/18 for a Premium RWD Standard Range. Thinking about cancelling, so I can switch to a Premium AWD Extended Range.

Anyone do something like this? I'm wondering what the delay might be for orders placed today too.
Sponsored

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
My build date is 1/18 for a Premium RWD Standard Range. Thinking about cancelling, so I can switch to a Premium AWD Extended Range.

Anyone do something like this? I'm wondering what the delay might be for orders placed today too.
I tried to change my order from the RWD to AWD. However, they won’t let me do it. I’ll keep my existing order. No way I’m waiting an additional 3 or 4 months.

OP
OP
johnny5

johnny5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Black
Country flag
I tried to change my order from the RWD to AWD. However, they won’t let me do it. I’ll keep my existing order. No way I’m waiting an additional 3 or 4 months.
I'm thinking about biting the bullet and waiting the 3 or 4 months. Maybe I should just get a GT now!

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
the deposit has to do with the dealer, not ford. Up to you and the dealer to sit your terms. No ford promise on that.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
You picked the dealer. the Mache you reserved, you had to pick a dealer for it to go to when you reserved it online. That is up to you to call THAT said dealer and determine that dealers policies. Nothing to do with ford on that.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Folks who ordered in October are still awaiting build dates and will likely come behind all the reservation conversions that are already in hand.

My guess is that means a few months delay.

OP
OP
johnny5

johnny5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Black
Country flag
What is the prevailing theory on when the $7500 tax credit would expire? If I cancelled and re-ordered now, do y'all think I'm still safe?

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Argh! I ordered in January 2020 and have a build date in February 2021 with a 34,5xx reservation date.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
What is the prevailing theory on when the $7500 tax credit would expire? If I cancelled and re-ordered now, do y'all think I'm still safe?
There was a thread about it but remember the 6 month grace period after Ford sells EV #200k. I think the consensus was anytime in CY 2021 would be safe, and possibly longer.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
The 500$ non refundability is if your dealer said its non -refundable. If he said that then I guess you have to wait for car to be delivered and figure out if he will refund or not I guess.. I am probably repeating what you already know:)

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
The overall theory here is that with only 50K year 1 planned Mach Es, its safe for now.
Sponsored